Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    TNViking is offline Starter

Re: September 28th Tenn Titans LP Field Game Arrangements

Oh the Nashville Norsemen have also invited former Viking O-lineman Tim Irwin to come tailgate and go to the game with us.
    For those of you who remember, he played as #76 for about 15 years.
    He is now a Judge in Knoxville.

He said he will come if his schedule allows. His son plays for Duke and he travels to those games first and foremost. Duke plays in NC that Saturday so he may or may not be able to come.

He's a great guy anyway and it would be cool to have a 6'7", 300lb ex-Viking lineman with us.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    How soon do we need to pay the deposit?

Who is handeling the finances?

How should we pay for this?
    Paypal?
    Check?

That is a fantastic deal and I can't pass it up!
    I will definitely be going...although I was already included in the tally so we still need 12 more.
    ;D

I'll start searching for more participants...but hopefully we'll get some more from the other website.
    This is great news(page 8). The price is right and the tickets sound good. We should figure out when we need the money by and get our deposit in asap so we are assured the best seats available.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Paypal?
    Check?

I will definitely be going...although I was already included in the tally so we still need 12 more.
    ;D

I'll start searching for more participants...but hopefully we'll get some more from the other website.
    This is great news(page 8). The price is right and the tickets sound good. We should figure out when we need the money by and get our deposit in asap so we are assured the best seats available.
    Would one of your brothers be down for going?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Paypal?
    Check?

;D

Would one of your brothers be down for going?
    Probably, I will talk to them tonight.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]OK everyone -- Here's the deal...[/size]
    I don't need to tell you a lot of the details because they've already been posted. But briefly we got a change to rent a tailgate tent, get tickets for each of us for the game, (Tickets are in the lower portion of the upper deck on the ends), have a personal chef to cook all our ball park type food, have tables and chairs set up for us and get a visit from the Titan's cheerleaders. The total cost is $125.00 plus tax per person.
    We need 30 PEOPLE to make this deal go. So here's how we're going to handle this:
    If you want to go, send me a PM asking for my mailing address.
    You can then send me a personal check for $125.00. I will not cash these check until we have the 30 people needed (or very close to it). Deadline for your check ARRIVING is July 1st. If we don't have 30 people or very close to it by July 1st we will not do this and everyone will be on their own for tickets, food, etc. Trouble is the game is getting sold out and I can find no tickets available in a large block of 15 or so anywhere. Best I could find was 8 in a group at $165 per ticket.

[size=14pt]So to recap...[/size]
    PM me for my mailing address
    Send check for $125 per person coming so that I receive it by July 1st. NO DEADLINE EXTENSION!
    I will hold your check and if we don't get the 30 people, your check will be returned uncashed.
    I will front up the money for the tent, food and tickets on July 1st and then cash your checks.

Thanks for your interest!

COJOMAY
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

COJO,

Again, thanks for all your efforts on this.
    Feel free to send your address to me at my work email address,
    and I will forward to Chris (my Brother) and Sean and we will get our checks out to you.

Sure hope we can make that deadline as this sounds like a sweet deal.
    Regardless, looking forward to meeting you at the game.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

TNViking, that is pretty cool about Irwin.

Cojo, thanks for the organization efforts.
    I will get that check out to you asap.
    You really can't beat that deal.
    July 1 will be here before we know it!

[size=14pt]NEWEST AND FINAL UPDATE ON ROAD TRIP TO TENNESSEE TITANS GAME[/size]

Marrdro and his friends and I just got off the phone together and because there has not been a good enough response to the opportunity to get the tent and ticket block, here are the plans for anyone intending to go to the Titans game as a group.

1. Our hotel is Days Inn Downtown/Stadium located at 211 N. 1st Street in Nashville. The motel is located a bit less than a mile from the stadium. We could have chosen a closer hotel but we felt the prices were more in line at the Days Inn. The area around the stadium is kind of "industrial" and not the best neighborhood although the Days Inn is nice and in a well guarded area. They have a very nice bar in the motel and a pool. I don't recommend that you go out and walk the area at night though. My room there was #118 per night and that is for two queen sized beds. Whoever wants to share a room with me let me know. First come, first gets.

2. We found a block of 30 tickets on Ticket Liquidator in section 328 rows FF, GG and HH
    (There are 10 tickets in each row and they are in a "block. The tickets are priced at $49.00 each plus charges for shipping and handling. The total cost will probably run in the neighborhood of $75.00.
    http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=817874
    These tickets are in the SW corner of the endzone in the upper deck. They will be on the shady side of the field so we aren't looking into the sun.
    You see the view from your seat by going to: http://www.titansonline.com/stadium/seating_chart/index.php and then clicking on section 328.
    Each person will be responsible for buying their own tickets to the game and notice that the tickets will not be shipped to you until 8/10.

3. Anyone coming from Purplepride.org or their friends are invited to tailgate with the Nashville Norsemen at the Ramada Inn which is located across from the Titans Parking Lot enterance on Interstate Drive. You may make reservations there if you want, but I feel for the price it is not that much nicer than the Days Inn. The Nashville Norsemen are going to have a few rooms reserved there and so they will have parking spots reserved for a tailgate party. Our group can buy parking spaces there for $35 each if there are any available. At the present time we may buy two parking spaces for a larger party area and to help the Nashville Norsemen out for allowing us to tailgate with them and eat some of their food. (We also plan to bring some of our own. I think Cajun is planning on making his famous gumbo. If we do buy spaces there we expect all from PPO or their group to help "kick-in" to the kitty to help pay for those spots. (And we can park two cars there so that it isn't much of a walk to the game.)

4. I have already purchased a parking spot at the stadium in LOT A through Ticket Liquidators. Those spots are on a first come, first serve basis. I will get in as early as possible and park my vehicle there. Then the Nashville Norsemen and the rest of us will join together at my parking space to tailgate AFTER the game is over. We will hoist a few to the Purple Victors. Again, you are expected to "chip-in" for that parking space which cost $78 but with shipping and handling was $101.00. Please, don't leave me hanging on this.

5. On Saturday night we are planning a pre-pre-game party at Wilhagens, a bar in Nashville where the Nashville Norsemen make their "home." It is not just a bar but an eating establishment. Those under 21 can get in there to eat. I understand their pizza is great.

6. After the post-game get together in the parking lot, we plan to eat supper together at an authentic German restaurant right near the stadium. http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=318849 The food there is good if you like sausages and beer. I've eaten there several times and many of the Nashville Norsemen will be joining us for dinner (supper). Meal will be on your own.

So there you have it! Buy your tickets in the block suggested (or somewhere else if you don't want to sit with us), reserve your motel room and plan for a great victory for the purple in Nashville. We'll be looking forward to seeing everyone there.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

*Bump*

What is everyone thinking?
    Buy the tickets within the block?
    Buy best available?

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    *Bump*

What is everyone thinking?
    Buy the tickets within the block?
    Buy best available?
    I guess to answer that your have to figure out what's important to you. There is no doubt, these seats are high up and in the corner of the endzone. Of course there are much better seats available at a much higher cost. For most of us, we felt that the tailgate fun, being able to see the game from a reasonable seat. and the friendships were the most important things. If you think the most important thing is seeing the game from a premium seat, then you may want to buy your own in a better location. You are still welcome to tailgate and do the rest of the fun things with the group, of course.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast