Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Second Half Collapse Costs Packers Victory

Meaningless, since the starters played well.
    But, it is still fun to see this headline.

[size=12pt]Second Half Collapse Costs Packers Victory[/size]
    Posted Aug 24th 2007 7:07AM
    by Dan Benton

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Second Half Collapse Costs Packers Victory

Meaningless yes, indicator of thier depth, yes as well.

Driver going down will men guys like Jackson will have to step up this year.
    I think we will see thier true colors this year.

By the way, Bretts backup didn't look to bad last night from what I watched.
    I'd love to see the Puker fans start booing Favreeeee this year.

Golic has the Pukers going 7-9 this year. I know predictions are crap, however, I love to hear stuff like that.
    Puker fans are probably killing themselves right now.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Although only 10 points were scored, the Green Bay Packers dominated the first two quarters against Jacksonville last night. Brett Favre (14 of 20 for 130 yards) seemed to be on the money with every single throw, while the tight ends, one of the Packers biggest concerns headed into the regular season, proved to be very effective
    Just remember while Bretty boy was on the field that GB only managed a FG, despite him being 'on the money'. The TD only came along after Rodgers came out. If Driver's injury is more than a sprain then their O could be in bother come the regular season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Preseason is meaningless in some aspects in my mind...

A fallout in the second half, just means they have no depth.....which is a good thing

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Driver's injury is only a scare[/size]
    http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070824/PKR0201/708240693/1947
    The scariest moment in an injury-filled month for the Green Bay Packers came late in the second quarter Thursday night, when an ankle tackle put Pro Bowl receiver Donald Driver on a cart to the locker room.

Driver sprained his right foot on the play. Coach Mike McCarthy said the ninth-year pro was in good spirits after the game. Driver was to undergo further tests today to determine the severity of the injury, but McCarthy said indications were it's not serious.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I love this part of a column of a Packer writer:
    Now, if the Packers were tuning up for the Grey Cup or the Arena Bowl, then Thursday's organized practice session against Jacksonville would have been uplifting.

They threw the ball all over the yard in the first half, and reasonably well at that, as Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers combined for 201 yards on 19-of-27 attempts and a 91.7 rating.

It was the kind of performance that would have forced the Edmonton Eskimos to stand up and take notice.

Unfortunately, the Packers are card-carrying members of that more popular league, the NFL, where running the football is a requirement for success.

If you're a believer the third preseason game is the most important dress rehearsal, then the Packers' running game was caught with its pants down during a 21-13 preseason loss to the Jaguars.

The Packers attempted only nine runs and totaled 10 yards, for an unacceptable 1.1-yard average per tote after the first two quarters, the time when the field was monopolized by the first-teamers.

"We did not run the ball very well at all,' said Packers coach Mike McCarthy, author of the obvious. "We need to do a better job there
    So does this mean we just have to lay back and keep watching Brett's interception total go up and UP?
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm not saying anything yet. We thought last year that the Packers were going to be one of the worst teams in the past decade and they laid the deuce down on us and posted a better record.