Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Season's almost here, but first, consider these topics

"mountainviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I do not disagree with Coach Childress making that list.
    But I am surprised that Bobby Petrino didn't make it.
    Dealing with a controversy like he has with Vick is not an easy thing to do as a rookie head coach.
    That might end up being worse than dealing with TO!

I'm not sure how they can all assume we'll take a step backwards with a year in our new systems...I definitely don't see the drop in defense the media seems to assume (seen us ranked as low as 18th) and I know that we will run the ball enough to take pressure off of TJack.
    IF Peterson stays healthy, he and Chester are going to be a dangerous duo!!

Last year, we ranked 16th in yds rushing per game, and 14th per carry...that was with no pass protection and against stacked boxes all the time!
    IF our OLINE plays better on passing downs, we'll have WRs wide open due to the stack.
    We just need 2 or 3 of the 11 WRs in camp to step up and catch the darn ball and we'll do fine!!!
    You make one more great post like this and I am going to give you your diploma to practice as a full fledged optimist on this site my friend.

Great post.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

;D Thanks!!
    ;D
    I know, I've got the purple goggles on...and injuries can always sink anybody's ship, BUT,

I think the first four games are winnable.

ATL without Vick, new coach, new offense, new defense??
    Maybe Vick playing would be worse for them...he's made quite a few enemies...
    @DET
    They're making strides on paper, but, its Detroit.
    @KC
    New QB, new OLine...hopefully we can pad our sack stats!
    GB
    Boy do I hope we win this one!!

Then we get a bye followed by four 06 playoff teams.
    This is make or break time, and unfortunately, we might have worn off the, "they're better than we thought," we had going for us in the beginning.

@CHI
    Superbowl curse?
    Briggs? Tank? Thomas Jones? Bye weak advantage...we owe them!
    @DAL
    New coach...
    PHI
    Chilli really, really wants to beat his old boss...and, at least its at home.
    SD
    New coach again...?
    Well, at least its at home.

If we can win half of these, we're looking at contention.
    We can only hope we don't get New Englanded like we did last year, when they seemed to expose all our weaknesses in one game (or less,) because there are some winnable games down the stretch from here:
    OAK and DET at home for tops, CHI at home on MNF!?!?? WAS at home...and last game at the Broncos, who might not need the win anymore...?
    The other away games I see as pretty tough wins, (well, one against the pack?) but who knows what will change by then...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

You make one more great post like this and I am going to give you your diploma to practice as a full fledged optimist on this site my friend.

Great post.
    ;D
    Well some people look at a glass of water as half full, while others see it as half empty.

But no matter which way you look at it, the glass still has the same amount of water in it either way.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Great post.
    ;D
    Well some people look at a glass of water as half full, while others see it as half empty.

But no matter which way you look at it, the glass still has the same amount of water in it either way.

ooooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Great post.
    ;D

ooooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm
    sounds like a man who paid attention in his physics classes at school.... ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Great post.
    ;D

ooooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm
    Sounds more like philosophy to me.

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Great post.
    ;D

ooooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm
    Sounds more like philosophy to me.
    Actually a Telecommunications Engineer who dabbled in many religions as I sought for total harmony with the world and my maker.
    ;D

The magic circle contains all wisdom and truth.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

well i dont pay that much attention to the critics cuz they dont follow the team like we do, but i'[ve been saying for months now that this is a big year for childress.
    not cuz he might get canned after this season, but anything is possible.
    but becuz of little improvement is made, or we take another step back, he's almost dead in the water heading into his 3rd year.

the thing that you gotta love about him is that he totally believes he is gonna have success.
    i believe it just from the few words he says and from the moves he's made.
    the scary thing though is if he is just flatout wrong.
    but thats a chance you take with any coach that has not proven himself at the top level.
    but i'm believing more an more that childress has a grip on things and can't wait to make people eat their words, such as foxsports.com
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    well i dont pay that much attention to the critics cuz they dont follow the team like we do, but i'[ve been saying for months now that this is a big year for childress.
    but becuz of little improvement is made, or we take another step back, he's almost dead in the water heading into his 3rd year.

the thing that you gotta love about him is that he totally believes he is gonna have success.
    but thats a chance you take with any coach that has not proven himself at the top level.
    but i'm believing more an more that childress has a grip on things and can't wait to make people eat their words, such as foxsports.com
    Never underestimate the workings going on under a dome
    ;D

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

Never underestimate the workings going on under a dome
    ;D

whatta dork
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast