Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This season is going to look a whole lot better...

one of these times.... maybe i'll see if one of my friends wants to go to one of the games this season and i'll talk toyou about it singer... i want to go to one so bad >_<

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't like the old large screen TV unless you had a really big room to put it in. And I didn't think the picture was that great. But the new HD large screens are a whole different story. Some day they'll come down in price enough that I can afford one.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Talk about a crazy experience trying to get this TV. Its a long story but I will try to trim it down a little...
    So this past weekend I was at C.City with the wife looking at TVs. There was a specific one I wanted at Costco but they dont do financing so I had to look at a retail store. C.City didnt have exactly what I wanted but there were a few catching my eye, a Samsung LCD 32" with 4000:1 Contrast and 720p native resolution. I wanted bigger than 32" but I was in that must have now mode. All said and done I walked out with nothing because I had a bad feeling and everything in me was telling me no. Monday morning I look up Best Buy to see what sales they had going for the 4th. I see the exact TV I wanted at Costco at the same price with 0% interest for 18 months. No bad feelings this time. Click and buy. TV to be delivered Sunday the 9th. Then I also get the good news of my apartments will let me pole mount the Satellite in a hidden location, NFL Sunday Ticket!! Day is going great, I'm on cloud 9. I call Direct TV back to reorder my installation since everything was cancelled when it failed last time and to change it to HD for my new TV. Turns out they have a different offer now. Instead of the one month free 49.99 pack I was getting plus the $60 a month for 4 months for NFL ticket ($110.00 total a month) its now $69.99 TOTAL for the highest package they offer plus NFL Ticket. So pretty much I get all the channels for free for 4 months just for getting NFL Ticket, and Im saving $40.00. Then the guy also hooks up HD and DVR service for free for 4 months. Then he transfers me to customer service so I can "complain" about them not giving me the NFL SuperFan add on for free like I got with my original order. They hook it up for me of course. So many things going my way I know its a blessing from above and a lesson in patience. And patience I need for the 2nd leg of this story...
    Flash forward to yesterday, 4th of July. I jump on my email to pull up the 4 year service plan that Bestbuy.com was supposed to email me and instead theres an email saying order cancelled, WTF!?!?!?!
    So I place a call to BB to see what the deal is. They are no help, only to say my BB card declined the purchase and I need to speak with credit. Transfer to credit. Now I have no problem with any culture or race, ect. but a lot of companys are now outsourcing their call centers to foreign countrys and thats what happened here. The phone connection was terrible and I got a guy who I could barely understand. He says that there was a authorization hold on the acct for my purchase price and he didnt know what was wrong. He transfers me to someone else but the call is disconnected. I call BB again but ask for a manager. I get an idiot of a manager who is very rude and treats me like I am stupid. Basically what happened is BB took my order and attemped to schedule delivery. When they did so they had to see if the order would go through in the first place so they did an authorization, not a charge. When the authorization cleared they scheduled the delivery and then attempted to charge my card. Well the authorization puts a hold on the account for that amount because the system assumes, like all other banks, that the authorization is going to be pushed through as a charge. Not so with BB. They do it as seperate transactions. So the actual charge bounced because there was already a hokd on my account for a huge amount and my credit line wasnt enough to clear the amount again. So this manager is trying to tell me they arent charging me twice, true, but the system is processing it twice because of the procedure BB has in place. Her solution? Increase my credit line. Wishing I could pimp slap her through the phone I ask her why should I need to increase my credit line when I have plenty of credit already to clear what I want to buy, and its BB stupid system that is causing the error not mine. She says its the system they have and if I want to make the purchase and delivery I need a 4K credit line to pay for 2K worth of stuff... Make sense to anyone???? After dealing with 3 more people they finally remove the hold from my account but I have to go in store to buy the TV since the same thing would happen again if I bought online. I go to the store, stare in wonder at the beautiful TV I am about to buy and flag down a sales rep. TV OUT OF STOCK. (head explodes here)(Insert patience here) They order one for me and I will get it Saturday. At the register everything is going good but the 4 year service plan I order is coming up to $299.99 instead of $159.99 like it was online. I tell the guy who doesnt believe me and has to look online. Of course I am right. He says "hmm" and just walks away for 10 minutes mid transaction. Another salesman who was watching walks up and puts in a code and the $159.99 rings up. Good... The first guy comes back and asks how he did it. The 2nd guy shows him but the 1st says that code is for LCD and not Plasma. They wont service the TV if its not a LCD. They argue back and forth for a minute, then both say whatever since it came up to the right price. Im already terribly late for work since this has taken forever so I leave with this potentially botched service plan going through my mind. Further review of the receipt proves the 1st guy right. The code used was for LCD, the Plasma code being completly different. (All the different service codes are listed on a card they give you) So now when I go back to BB to get my TV I will have to get a manager to refund the whole transaction and ring up the service plan correctly and discount it to the $299.99. Talk about a pain in the butt. Long story I know, but NEVER EVER BUY ANTHING ONLINE FROM BESTBUY.COM

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"Redmption" wrote:
    Talk about a crazy experience trying to get this TV. Its a long story but I will try to trim it down a little...
    So this past weekend I was at C.City with the wife looking at TVs. There was a specific one I wanted at Costco but they dont do financing so I had to look at a retail store. C.City didnt have exactly what I wanted but there were a few catching my eye, a Samsung LCD 32" with 4000:1 Contrast and 720p native resolution. I wanted bigger than 32" but I was in that must have now mode. All said and done I walked out with nothing because I had a bad feeling and everything in me was telling me no. Monday morning I look up Best Buy to see what sales they had going for the 4th. I see the exact TV I wanted at Costco at the same price with 0% interest for 18 months. No bad feelings this time. Click and buy. TV to be delivered Sunday the 9th. Then I also get the good news of my apartments will let me pole mount the Satellite in a hidden location, NFL Sunday Ticket!! Day is going great, I'm on cloud 9. I call Direct TV back to reorder my installation since everything was cancelled when it failed last time and to change it to HD for my new TV. Turns out they have a different offer now. Instead of the one month free 49.99 pack I was getting plus the $60 a month for 4 months for NFL ticket ($110.00 total a month) its now $69.99 TOTAL for the highest package they offer plus NFL Ticket. So pretty much I get all the channels for free for 4 months just for getting NFL Ticket, and Im saving $40.00. Then the guy also hooks up HD and DVR service for free for 4 months. Then he transfers me to customer service so I can "complain" about them not giving me the NFL SuperFan add on for free like I got with my original order. They hook it up for me of course. So many things going my way I know its a blessing from above and a lesson in patience. And patience I need for the 2nd leg of this story...
    Flash forward to yesterday, 4th of July. I jump on my email to pull up the 4 year service plan that Bestbuy.com was supposed to email me and instead theres an email saying order cancelled, WTF!?!?!?!
    So I place a call to BB to see what the deal is. They are no help, only to say my BB card declined the purchase and I need to speak with credit. Transfer to credit. Now I have no problem with any culture or race, ect. but a lot of companys are now outsourcing their call centers to foreign countrys and thats what happened here. The phone connection was terrible and I got a guy who I could barely understand. He says that there was a authorization hold on the acct for my purchase price and he didnt know what was wrong. He transfers me to someone else but the call is disconnected. I call BB again but ask for a manager. I get an idiot of a manager who is very rude and treats me like I am stupid. Basically what happened is BB took my order and attemped to schedule delivery. When they did so they had to see if the order would go through in the first place so they did an authorization, not a charge. When the authorization cleared they scheduled the delivery and then attempted to charge my card. Well the authorization puts a hold on the account for that amount because the system assumes, like all other banks, that the authorization is going to be pushed through as a charge. Not so with BB. They do it as seperate transactions. So the actual charge bounced because there was already a hokd on my account for a huge amount and my credit line wasnt enough to clear the amount again. So this manager is trying to tell me they arent charging me twice, true, but the system is processing it twice because of the procedure BB has in place. Her solution? Increase my credit line. Wishing I could pimp slap her through the phone I ask her why should I need to increase my credit line when I have plenty of credit already to clear what I want to buy, and its BB stupid system that is causing the error not mine. She says its the system they have and if I want to make the purchase and delivery I need a 4K credit line to pay for 2K worth of stuff... Make sense to anyone???? After dealing with 3 more people they finally remove the hold from my account but I have to go in store to buy the TV since the same thing would happen again if I bought online. I go to the store, stare in wonder at the beautiful TV I am about to buy and flag down a sales rep. TV OUT OF STOCK. (head explodes here)(Insert patience here) They order one for me and I will get it Saturday. At the register everything is going good but the 4 year service plan I order is coming up to $299.99 instead of $159.99 like it was online. I tell the guy who doesnt believe me and has to look online. Of course I am right. He says "hmm" and just walks away for 10 minutes mid transaction. Another salesman who was watching walks up and puts in a code and the $159.99 rings up. Good... The first guy comes back and asks how he did it. The 2nd guy shows him but the 1st says that code is for LCD and not Plasma. They wont service the TV if its not a LCD. They argue back and forth for a minute, then both say whatever since it came up to the right price. Im already terribly late for work since this has taken forever so I leave with this potentially botched service plan going through my mind. Further review of the receipt proves the 1st guy right. The code used was for LCD, the Plasma code being completly different. (All the different service codes are listed on a card they give you) So now when I go back to BB to get my TV I will have to get a manager to refund the whole transaction and ring up the service plan correctly and discount it to the $299.99. Talk about a pain in the butt. Long story I know, but NEVER EVER BUY ANTHING ONLINE FROM BESTBUY.COM

How long is the non trimmed down version?

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Probably double

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

"Redmption" wrote:
    Talk about a crazy experience trying to get this TV. Its a long story but I will try to trim it down a little....................... .............................pain in the butt. Long story I know, but NEVER EVER BUY ANTHING ONLINE FROM BESTBUY.COM
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    Being in Southern WI, I can honestly say that more than once I have wanted to send hate mail to the local FOX stations. We get 1 from Madison, and 1 from Chicago here.

I think it was the 1st game last season, both Chicago and Green Bay played the early games...Minnesota had the late game. I fully expected the Vikes to be on one or the other...

...NOPE.

They put on some stupid "Paid Programming" instead. A friggin Infomercial!!!!

I ordered DirectTV that same day.
    Getting angry with FOX does you no good - they are stuck with the broadcasting rules which the NFL dictates.

Only one of the two networks gets a double-header each weekend. Since the Madison FOX station showed the Packers and then did not have another game, it was clearly a CBS double-header weekend.

As to the Chicago station, when the Bears are home, they can ONLY show one game, even if it IS a FOX double-header weekend. The CBS station gets the 3pm game (and it likely will be a 3pm game, rather than a 3:15pm game).

In Wisconsin, only Green Bay is considered to be the home broadcasting environment for the Packers, so that's pretty nice for you all. You'll get all of the double-headers on FOX since there aren't any restrictions like there are for Chicago or Minneapolis or New York, etc.

Read this:

NFL TV rules for the US

On Sundays (and Saturdays when the full Sunday slate is moved due to a Holiday), either CBS or FOX (but not both) is allowed to show a doubleheader (2 games on the same network affiliate) UNLESS a home game is being played within the TV market of the affiliate TV station. If a team from the TV market is playing on the road, then its game MUST be televised OVER-THE-AIR within the TV market. (Note: Green Bay Packers home games at Milwaukee County Stadium were considered to be played in the Milwaukee TV market rather than in the Green Bay TV market.)

If a game is being played within the TV market of the affiliate TV station, then each affiliate is only allowed to televise ONLY one game (this rule applies even if the game is being played at night since a third over-the-air TV station in the TV market has paid the NFL a rights fee to carry the game over-the-air to viewers without cable (ESPN) provided that the game was sold out 72 hours before kickoff).

In TV markets with only one home team: if the home team is playing an AFC opponent that week, then the CBS affiliate has first choice in Sunday afternoon time slots. If the home team is playing an NFC opponent that week, then the FOX affiliate has first choice in Sunday afternoon time slots. The CBS and FOX affiliates in these markets may NOT carry games in the same time slot without a special dispensation from the NFL.

Special rules regarding the choice of Sunday afternoon time slots by the CBS and FOX affiliates apply in the two-team TV market New York when both teams in the TV market are playing on Sunday afternoon: if one team in the TV market is playing on the road, then its game MUST be televised (Giants' road games on the FOX affiliates, Jets' road games on the CBS affiliates). As a result, the other affiliate in the TV market MUST televise a Sunday afternoon game in THE OTHER time slot UNLESS: a) the other team in the TV market is also playing a game on the road in the same time slot, or b) the other team sold out its Sunday afternoon home game at least 72 hours prior to kickoff and both teams in the market are playing games in the same time slot (this usually doesn't happen since both New York teams NEVER play games in the same afternoon time slot).

If a home game is not sold out 72 hours prior to kickoff, then that game may NOT be televised with a 75-mile radius of the stadium in order to comply with FEDERAL LAW (the NFL is considered interstate commerce and is subject to federal regulation since the NFL does not have an an anti-trust exemption). This law affects all TV stations whose TV markets encroach any part of the 75-mile radius even if the TV station is located outside the 75-mile radius.

New for 1994: in TV markets where FOX does not have an over-the-air affiliate, FOX should be offering its games to another over-the-air TV station. If FOX has offered games to a TV station in these markets, then cable systems in these markets MUST blackout the NFL games being shown on FOXNET in order to protect the revenue of the over-the-air TV station showing the FOX games.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    Just found ANOTHER great page. This one will be sweet when the season is upon us - but it's still pretty interesting to look at the 2005 maps.

2005 NFL TV distribution maps

=Z=

boognish is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    I am attempting to get direct TV. The guy came out on Sat. but the overhang on the apartment stuck too far out. I am trying to talk my complex to let me put it on a pole outside my window...
    If your not going to buy the "NFL Game" package, go with DISH. :wink:

Poll people who have had both.
    I wasn't aware that DISH had NFL games...other than local stuff. I thought Direct TV's Sunday Ticket was exclusive...something about a contract with the NFL which last for quite awhile longer (Not sure...just thought I'd read this last year somewhere).

In fact, when I got Direct TV, I called my cable company to tell them I was leaving. They asked if there was any way I would consider staying and my reply was, "NFL Sunday Ticket"...dead silence at the other end for a few seconds. Finally, a resigned voice said, "Yeah, we can't offer that".

BTW...I thought Webby had season tix? Since he'll always be AT the game, does that mean that the rest of us "poor unfortunate non-season-ticket-holders can crash his place and watch the game on his "jumbo-tron"? :razz:

Caine
    DISH Network does not have a "NFL Sunday Ticket" package. That's why I stated if he doesn't need the "NFL Sunday Ticket" package then DISH is a better choice.

If he needs to get the "NFL Sunday Ticket", then Direct TV is his only option.

I only watch the Vikings & only for the away games, so I'm usually always able to get the game on the local network that DISH provides or by adding a channel for a month that they will be on ($1.50/month).
    I have Dish Network too and during football season I subscribe to the local Chicago stations (because MN isn't available as a national option :sad: ) and sometimes get to watch the Vikes on those channels, when the Bears aren't playing. It's pretty much a crapshoot between the Packers/Vikings game when the Bears aren't on. My ritual is the same every Sunday...sit and watch the damn channel until the game starts; if it's the Peckers playing, I grab my coat and head for the Sports bar a.s.a.p.; if the Vikes are on I sit down and celebrate with a cold beer at home.

Dish Network is a better company, IMHO, and definitely has cheaper packages, but it sucks that they don't have the NFL Season Ticket. I do, however, get the NBA Season Ticket, which DirectTV doesn't carry.
    I am a dipshit!!!

"boognish" wrote:
    I have Dish Network too and during football season I subscribe to the local Chicago stations (because MN isn't available as a national option :sad: ) and sometimes get to watch the Vikes on those channels, when the Bears aren't playing. It's pretty much a crapshoot between the Packers/Vikings game when the Bears aren't on. My ritual is the same every Sunday...sit and watch the gol 'darnit channel until the game starts; if it's the Peckers playing, I grab my coat and head for the Sports bar a.s.a.p.; if the Vikes are on I sit down and celebrate with a cold beer at home.
    Dude - you best bookmark the link I posted above with the TV distribution maps. You'll never have to miss kick-off again while you're driving to the bar!

=Z=

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast