Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This season is going to look a whole lot better...

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    NOTHING beats Webby's 96-inch theater screen, with surround sound, stadium-seating stretch-out lounge chairs...
    Definitely not. I saw the picture of his "theater" posted last year in one of the threads.

It's sweet!

All he needed was the popcorn machine. :wink:
    And here it is! I knew I could find the thread;

PP.O Theatre Nearing Completion
    That's awesome. I have like 63 inch plasma but we have to buy HD for it sometime this year. My friend has one like that. He set up his entire 3rd floor to look like a movie theater and has the projector thing with a 100 inch TV. Football in HD on that is astounding. :shock:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yeah and Directv is the way to go. Sunday ticket is one of the greatest inventions ever. Directv is making millions off of that alone. I haven't missed a vikes game for 2 years because of sunday ticket.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    I am attempting to get direct TV. The guy came out on Sat. but the overhang on the apartment stuck too far out. I am trying to talk my complex to let me put it on a pole outside my window...
    If your not going to buy the "NFL Game" package, go with DISH. :wink:

Poll people who have had both.
    I wasn't aware that DISH had NFL games...other than local stuff. I thought Direct TV's Sunday Ticket was exclusive...something about a contract with the NFL which last for quite awhile longer (Not sure...just thought I'd read this last year somewhere).

In fact, when I got Direct TV, I called my cable company to tell them I was leaving. They asked if there was any way I would consider staying and my reply was, "NFL Sunday Ticket"...dead silence at the other end for a few seconds. Finally, a resigned voice said, "Yeah, we can't offer that".

BTW...I thought Webby had season tix? Since he'll always be AT the game, does that mean that the rest of us "poor unfortunate non-season-ticket-holders can crash his place and watch the game on his "jumbo-tron"? :razz:

Caine
    It is exclusive to DirectTV. DISH does not have NFL Sunday Ticket.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    ...On my new 42" Plasma TV my wife just bought me!!! OH YEAH!!! GO VIKINGS IN HD :grin:
    Where'd she pic up the portable TV? :evil4:

I watch the games on a 61" TV & not one of those 3 foot wide by 1 foot tall skinny a$$ TV's. Mines more square.

But seriously, once you own a big screen, you'll never down size again.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

For the last 6 months I've been living with 2 roomates, and one of them has his big screen TV in our living room.

So I've been able to really enjoy that, and it's also nice to play video games on.

But I'm going to be moving soon, so I won't be able to enjoy that big screen anymore. :sad:

You guys are lucky, I don't have a big screen TV or NFL Sunday Ticket.

I have to go to the sports bar every Sunday to watch the Vikings game, but as long as I get to see it, I'm happy.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    I am attempting to get direct TV. The guy came out on Sat. but the overhang on the apartment stuck too far out. I am trying to talk my complex to let me put it on a pole outside my window...
    If your not going to buy the "NFL Game" package, go with DISH. :wink:

Poll people who have had both.
    I wasn't aware that DISH had NFL games...other than local stuff. I thought Direct TV's Sunday Ticket was exclusive...something about a contract with the NFL which last for quite awhile longer (Not sure...just thought I'd read this last year somewhere).

In fact, when I got Direct TV, I called my cable company to tell them I was leaving. They asked if there was any way I would consider staying and my reply was, "NFL Sunday Ticket"...dead silence at the other end for a few seconds. Finally, a resigned voice said, "Yeah, we can't offer that".

BTW...I thought Webby had season tix? Since he'll always be AT the game, does that mean that the rest of us "poor unfortunate non-season-ticket-holders can crash his place and watch the game on his "jumbo-tron"? :razz:

Caine
    DISH Network does not have a "NFL Sunday Ticket" package. That's why I stated if he doesn't need the "NFL Sunday Ticket" package then DISH is a better choice.

If he needs to get the "NFL Sunday Ticket", then Direct TV is his only option.

I only watch the Vikings & only for the away games, so I'm usually always able to get the game on the local network that DISH provides or by adding a channel for a month that they will be on ($1.50/month).

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    ...On my new 42" Plasma TV my wife just bought me!!! OH YEAH!!! GO VIKINGS IN HD :grin:

I watch the games on a 61" TV & not one of those 3 foot wide by 1 foot tall skinny a$$ TV's. Mines more square.

For the last 6 months I've been living with 2 roomates, and one of them has his big screen TV in our living room.

So I've been able to really enjoy that, and it's also nice to play video games on.

But I'm going to be moving soon, so I won't be able to enjoy that big screen anymore. :sad:

I have to go to the sports bar every Sunday to watch the Vikings game, but as long as I get to see it, I'm happy.
    I live in Wisconsin also & if the Vikes are playing at a different time than the Packers, they show the Vikings here on FOX.

Possibly in the Milwaukee area, they show the Bears as the alternate.

I simply added the FOX local channels to my account.

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Why would tou want to do that? Any game you want to attend, I can get you a ticket for.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:

I live in Wisconsin also & if the Vikes are playing at a different time than the Packers, they show the Vikings here on FOX.

Being in Southern WI, I can honestly say that more than once I have wanted to send hate mail to the local FOX stations. We get 1 from Madison, and 1 from Chicago here.

I think it was the 1st game last season, both Chicago and Green Bay played the early games...Minnesota had the late game. I fully expected the Vikes to be on one or the other...

...NOPE.

They put on some stupid "Paid Programming" instead. A friggin Infomercial!!!!

I ordered DirectTV that same day.

Plus, a few years ago, when the Vikes were SMOKING the 49ers, FOX switched us to the Eagles game because they said it was "more competative"...I almost exploded.

Never again!!!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    BTW...I thought Webby had season tix? Since he'll always be AT the game, does that mean that the rest of us "poor unfortunate non-season-ticket-holders can crash his place and watch the game on his "jumbo-tron"?

Caine
    Why would tou want to do that? Any game you want to attend, I can get you a ticket for.
    And don't think that my wife is not acutely aware of that fact. I get a LOT of dirty looks now that the season is rapidly approaching. I've told her that she is more than welcome to come along...but she just gives me "the look".

Has Ned said when he's coming to town this season?

Caine

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

im going to invest in bigger TV sometime soon myself.. but i need room =)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:

Being in Southern WI, I can honestly say that more than once I have wanted to send hate mail to the local FOX stations. We get 1 from Madison, and 1 from Chicago here.

I think it was the 1st game last season, both Chicago and Green Bay played the early games...Minnesota had the late game. I fully expected the Vikes to be on one or the other...

...NOPE.

They put on some stupid "Paid Programming" instead. A friggin Infomercial!!!!

I ordered DirectTV that same day.

Plus, a few years ago, when the Vikes were SMOKING the 49ers, FOX switched us to the Eagles game because they said it was "more competative"...I almost exploded.

Never again!!!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    BTW...I thought Webby had season tix? Since he'll always be AT the game, does that mean that the rest of us "poor unfortunate non-season-ticket-holders can crash his place and watch the game on his "jumbo-tron"?

Caine
    And don't think that my wife is not acutely aware of that fact. I get a LOT of dirty looks now that the season is rapidly approaching. I've told her that she is more than welcome to come along...but she just gives me "the look".

Has Ned said when he's coming to town this season?

Caine
    Ned hasn't told me all the games he's going to attend this year, but for sure he will be there for the Packers game.

Your seat is already reserved for that game. If you want to bring your wife and/or your daughter(s) along, just let me know & I will pecil them in. I have 11 tickets for that game, one of which belongs to Ned.

If your wife does come along, she has to promise not to give me "The Look".

I never liked "The Look".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast