Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    If Jackson gets cut, he'll end up on the Cardinals. Book it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Browns

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    T-Jack will beat him out.
    I see the TJOKE delusionalists are still around. Lol I think I just made up a word!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    The Seahawks have signed QB Matt Flynn to a three-year, $26 million contract.

It appears Tarvaris Jackson's reign as starting quarterback will be just as short as most people expected it to be.
    How so?

I'm actually amazed that Flynn settled with Seattle and for the small contract that he did. What happened to all the big money he was supposed to get? LOL.

Nope, Pete and Flynn were both pretty vocal about the starting job and who's it was. Nobodies. In the end, TJ will wind up starting "AGAIN", just like he did last year.

Maybe I should have waited one more year to make that bet with Caine and EJ.
    And he will suck "AGAIN" just like he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am sure we will get to hear all season from Marty how Tarvaris was given the short end of the stick again.
    Nope, TJ will do the talking for me. ......snicker.....
    So more verbal diarrhea?

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The only volume this is speaking to is like any team, you need to have 2 good QB's on your roster.

TJ has already proven he can move this team (Charlie got 49 yards out of it once) when the backup couldn't. My guess is that this will be a good competition, but as with Whitehurst, TJ will win out and the Seahawks will pickup where they left off last year. A very young and dangerous team that no one will want to face.
    Charlie got 52 yards out of them, in 6 series. He was replaced in the 2nd Quarter. IIRC, we were told Jackson could go, but they wanted to try and rest his arm....ROFLMAO. Jackson came in and threw for 323 yards that game. An amazing feat for him. He only had 1 Int. Trouble is, he only managed to put 9 points on the board too. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's POINTS you want, right? Not just yards? So, Whitehurst got 3 points out of his 52 yards, and it took Jackson 323 yards to score 9 points.

Hmmm....

That means Whitehurst needed 17.3 yards per point while Jackson needed 35.8 yards per point.

Also, every time Jackson threw for over 300 yards (twice) they lost.
    Jackson had 5 games where he threw for over 200 yards - they lost 2 of those.
    Jackson had 8 games under 200 yards - 2 under 150 yards.

Still want to tout how "productive" Jackson was? A 6 year veteran who failed to generate any real form of offense and who relied on a surging running back and a solid defense to bail him out week after week?

I said a few weeks back that I thought the Seahawks would go after Flynn...and they did. It's worth noting that Flynn's bonus is worth more than Jackson's entire contract. They gave an UNPROVEN guy 10 million guaranteed...they gave future HOF 6-year veteran Jackson a guarantee of 2 mill.

Game. Set. Match.

Caine
    OWNED. Ahhhhhh been so long.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    If Jackson gets cut, he'll end up on the Cardinals. Book it.
    I would run him out of town.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am sure we will get to hear all season from Marty how Tarvaris was given the short end of the stick again.
    Nothing of the sort. I thought TJ did a pretty damn good job last year and expect him to win the job outright again this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456