Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I didn't know Jeff Ireland had any history with Flynn but I did see this in regards to Philbin and a push to get Flynn in Miami

LINK

Good stuff my friend, but how "Aggressive" were they really? Did you see the "Peanuts" that the Seahawks paid him?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Lowering the importance of the forum you are using doesn't make you any less wrong. In the context of this forum, it is completely possible to be someone's bitch. Whether you are his or not is not what I'm talking about. But in the context of where we are (the internet), acting like it's not that important doesn't get you anywhere.
    LOL, its easy to be a tough guy through a keyboard, as apposed to calling someone a bitch to their face.

One you can/could get away with, the other, not so sure about.

Hows that for context my friend.

In the end, alot of people get away with alot of stuff on the internet because they know they can. I, for one, never ever say anything, especially on here, I wouldn't say to someone in person. Rationale, eventually I hope to meet most of you at a game in a friendly manner.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why is it that you keep trying to lump the contracts for Flynn and Jackson into the same category?

Flynn got 19.5 million over 3 years with 10 million guaranteed. Worst case, he walks away with 10 million dollars. Best case, he averages almost 7 million per season.

Jackson got 8 million over 2 years with a 1.5 million dollar signing bonus, with NO guaranteed money. Worst case, he gets the 3.25 million he made last season, best case he averages 4 million per season.

Flynn's AVERAGE is almost the sum of Jackson's contract. His guarantee is worth MORE than Jackson's entire contract. This isn't "chump change", and it would cost the Seachickens at LEAST 10 million dollars to let Flynn ride the pine versus the 4 million it would cost to bench Jackson...that's a HUGE difference. A difference you continually refuse to acknowledge and continually play off as being insignificant.

Kolb, who you've mentioned several times, signed for 63 million over 5 years, with a 10 million dollar signing bonus and 21 million guaranteed. Yes, that was big money. But Kolb also had a lot more experience than Flynn had, and was the heir-apparent in Philly until Vick showed up.

Truth is, here are the 2011 estimated salaries of a few of the Leagues starters...

Peyton Manning_____$23 million dollars * estimated salary
    Michael Vick_____Approx. $20 million dollars *estimated salary
    Mark Sanchez_____$14.75 million dollars
    Ben Roethlisberger _____$14.75 million dollars
    Carson Palmer_____$14 million dollars
    Tom Brady _____$13 million dollars
    Matt Stafford _____$12 million dollars
    Matt Ryan _____ $11.25 million dollars
    Philip Rivers _____$11.2 million dollars
    Tony Romo _____ $11 million dollars
    Eli Manning _____ $10 million dollars
    Jay Cutler _____ $9 million dollars
    Aaron Rodgers _____$8.25 million dollars
    Drew Brees _____ $7.3 million dollars
    Matt Schaub _____ $6.8 million dollars

By those numbers, Flynn sits right around Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers....Jackson doesn't even make the list.

So stop with the claims of Jackson getting starter money (he didn't) or trying to lowball Flynn's deal (He actually gets starter money). The truth doesn't reflect that at all.

Caine
    Using old numbers in your analysis is flawed. Brees' numbers aren't anything what he is going to get this year.

Keep trying though, I'm having fun.......

On a side note, how we gonna settle the bet? You going to a game this year or do you want me to send you a care package?

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Doesn't that search function also reveal statements that say he would never beat out Whitehurst for the starting job or he would never beat out Rosenfels?
    The Charlie supporters can't be found anymore my friend. Must be afraid they will be made someone on a internet site. LOL.

Wow, nothing about the Seahawks burning the 75th pick overall on a QB.

Sure doesn't sound like a team that is sure that Flynn is the man to me.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

bit like us burning a 64th pick on a certain 'diamond in the rough' ;-) now what was his name Terry, Tarquin... oh I remember - Waiter !

just messing with you Marr
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Maybe they just aren't convinced TJ is backup material and want an insurance policy in case he gets laid up for another half season with a hangnail.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Maybe they just aren't convinced TJ is backup material and want an insurance policy in case he gets laid up for another half season with a hangnail.
    Then there's that.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Russell Wilson spells bad news for Tarvaris Jackson

With Jackson due $4 million in non-guaranteed base salary in 2012 and representing $4.4 million in cap savings, not only will he need to hold off a challenge from Flynn for the starting job, but he may have to distance himself considerably from Wilson just to earn a roster spot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Pete Carroll is fired up and he jacked up about QB competition announcing he is entering the competition in camp spliting reps with Flynn, Jackson, Wilson and Portis......stating I love them all, they have great heart and are totally awesome but I'm stoked and ready to go, heck lets get those kicker throwing too they aren't busy doing much, lets get them amped up.

Paul Allen now entertaining offers to sell the team

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast