Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Marrdro,

I'm going to get you a shirt that says, "Caine's Bitch". What size do you need?

I'm going to answer a few of your repeated allegations, again, since you obviously don't pay attention when they are repeatedly answered in the collection of preceding posts.

1: "(Insert name here) said Jackson wouldn't/couldn't throw for over 300 yards"

No one said that. What was said was that he almost didn't prior to last season...and that's true. In fact, he's thrown for over 300 yards exactly TWICE. Both last season. In 2007 he had a 249 yard game, in '08 he had a 239 yard game. Those are big yardage games from Jackson. but no one said he couldn't...we said he HADN'T...and that was true.

2: He won't sign for starter money.

Not really sure he did. 8 million over 2 years, only 2 million guaranteed, not exactly a bank breaking signing. And you're mocking Flynn's 24 million over 3 years with 10 million guaranteed. Seems to me that Jackson signed for chump change.

Also, Jackson signed with Seattle really quick...probably because his agent advised him to. But if there was a lot of interest, why would his agent do that? Hmmmmm........

3: "No way will he be a starter"

No one said that...we said he'd never be a GOOD starter. And he isn't. Is he better than Charlie Whitehurst? Yes. But so are YOU. So am I. That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

4: "No way he gets a contract"

This one might have some legs. I'll admit I was surprised when Seattle signed him....until I saw who they hired as an OC. Bevell is an idiot. When you take that into consideration, the signing becomes less of a shock. Bevell wanted someone in place who could help him teach his modified KAO...Jackson was available. There was no viable competition on the Seattle roster, so it made sense....if you're an idiot....which Bevell is.

This year, however, a guy with exactly TWO games under his belt has already been signed to replace Jackson. Don't kid yourself about the "competition" BS that Petey is blowing out there. That's to try and inflate Jackson's potential trade value. There are 10 million guaranteed reasons why Flynn will be starting in Seattle this season...and 4 million reasons to get rid of Tarvaris.

And, sadly, Jackson hasn't done anything to warrant keeping him.

Caine
    Only you, well theres actually a few of you on here, would think that a discussion on a web site is serious enough to warrant making someone someones bitch. LOL.

Having said that, you still haven't answered my question (nor has EJ on facebook), when we going to meet to settle the bet? You going to a game this year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    Seattle decided their need was greater, and ponied up more money than Miami was willing to. The guy has played in two games - you have to hedge your bets a little when you're getting a guy with that little starting experience. But Seattle decide that what they had was so inadequate that they had to take that risk.

Again, he is being paid MORE MONEY THAN TJ. His BONUS is worth more than TJ's ENTIRE CONTRACT. A contract which you consider to be "starter money." But a quarterback who's getting paid more than that is being paid backup money, or, at best, probable backup money? You may need to explain that to me more clearly, because that doesn't make one goddamned scintilla of sense. The consequences of starting Jackson over Flynn would be disastrous for Seattle, and not just because they'd have to suffer through another year of a QB who's never going to be great. If Flynn comes to Seattle and DOESN'T get the start over Jackson, you're going to have an extremely unhappy and overpaid backup quarterback. Pete's comments about competition are a public facade.

Even if your extremely-generous-to-TJ interpretation is true, do you bring in this guy to "compete" if you REALLY, honestly believe he's your guy, now and in the future? No, you don't. The only reason a team brings in a second starting quarterback is because they don't have a first starting quarterback.
    Can you imagine how low the offer was from Miami. Again, taking into account the history between their GM and Flynn, one would have thought it was lower.

Doesn't matter that TJ's is lower in the long run, Flynns is chump change for a starter, just like TJ's was. If Flynn doesn't work out (and judging by the interest everyone else had in him - next to none by the way) it won't cost them much to let him ride the pine behind TJ, just like it won't cost much to let TJ ride the pine behind him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Who ever said he wouldn't throw for 300 yards? Any QB can do that once in awhile. And there is a difference between being a started because you are a good QB and being a starter because your backup is something called a Charlie Whitehurst.
    You know how to use the search function just like I do.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Who ever said he wouldn't throw for 300 yards? Any QB can do that once in awhile. And there is a difference between being a started because you are a good QB and being a starter because your backup is something called a Charlie Whitehurst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You know how to use the search function just like I do.
    Doesn't that search function also reveal statements that say he would never beat out Whitehurst for the starting job or he would never beat out Rosenfels?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Can you imagine how low the offer was from Miami. Again, taking into account the history between their GM and Flynn, one would have thought it was lower.

Doesn't matter that TJ's is lower in the long run, Flynns is chump change for a starter, just like TJ's was. If Flynn doesn't work out (and judging by the interest everyone else had in him - next to none by the way) it won't cost them much to let him ride the pine behind TJ, just like it won't cost much to let TJ ride the pine behind him.
    Why is it that you keep trying to lump the contracts for Flynn and Jackson into the same category?

Flynn got 19.5 million over 3 years with 10 million guaranteed. Worst case, he walks away with 10 million dollars. Best case, he averages almost 7 million per season.

Jackson got 8 million over 2 years with a 1.5 million dollar signing bonus, with NO guaranteed money. Worst case, he gets the 3.25 million he made last season, best case he averages 4 million per season.

Flynn's AVERAGE is almost the sum of Jackson's contract. His guarantee is worth MORE than Jackson's entire contract. This isn't "chump change", and it would cost the Seachickens at LEAST 10 million dollars to let Flynn ride the pine versus the 4 million it would cost to bench Jackson...that's a HUGE difference. A difference you continually refuse to acknowledge and continually play off as being insignificant.

Kolb, who you've mentioned several times, signed for 63 million over 5 years, with a 10 million dollar signing bonus and 21 million guaranteed. Yes, that was big money. But Kolb also had a lot more experience than Flynn had, and was the heir-apparent in Philly until Vick showed up.

Truth is, here are the 2011 estimated salaries of a few of the Leagues starters...

Peyton Manning_____$23 million dollars * estimated salary
    Michael Vick_____Approx. $20 million dollars *estimated salary
    Mark Sanchez_____$14.75 million dollars
    Ben Roethlisberger _____$14.75 million dollars
    Carson Palmer_____$14 million dollars
    Tom Brady _____$13 million dollars
    Matt Stafford _____$12 million dollars
    Matt Ryan _____ $11.25 million dollars
    Philip Rivers _____$11.2 million dollars
    Tony Romo _____ $11 million dollars
    Eli Manning _____ $10 million dollars
    Jay Cutler _____ $9 million dollars
    Aaron Rodgers _____$8.25 million dollars
    Drew Brees _____ $7.3 million dollars
    Matt Schaub _____ $6.8 million dollars

By those numbers, Flynn sits right around Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers....Jackson doesn't even make the list.

So stop with the claims of Jackson getting starter money (he didn't) or trying to lowball Flynn's deal (He actually gets starter money). The truth doesn't reflect that at all.

Caine

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Maybe "one season" wont hurt his shoulder's anymore reaching for TJoke's overthrown balls.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Only you, well theres actually a few of you on here, would think that a discussion on a web site is serious enough to warrant making someone someones bitch. LOL.
    Lowering the importance of the forum you are using doesn't make you any less wrong. In the context of this forum, it is completely possible to be someone's bitch. Whether you are his or not is not what I'm talking about. But in the context of where we are (the internet), acting like it's not that important doesn't get you anywhere.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I didn't know Jeff Ireland had any history with Flynn but I did see this in regards to Philbin and a push to get Flynn in Miami

Philbin, the Dolphins head coach who spent the last four years coaching Flynn in Green Bay, was asked by a reporter today why he didnít pursue Flynn as aggressively as many people thought they would. And Philbin said people who think the Dolphins didnít pursue Flynn aggressively are wrong.
    LINK

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    Maybe "one season" wont hurt his shoulder's anymore reaching for TJoke's overthrown balls.
    I'd rather have "one season" rather than the any one of the 3 "no season" WR's that we added to the roster after letting him go.

Not a single one of them had more yards than Rice did last year & Rice missed 7 games due to that injury.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-29-2012 at 06:15 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    So after scooping Flynn while Miami was interested in him the Seahawks staff sat in on a dinner with Tannehill after his proday that the Dolphins were having with him

Dolphins General manager Jeff Ireland, head coach Joe Philbin and player personnel director Brian Gaine all attended today and took Tannehill out to dinner last night. Seahawks General Manager John Schneider, head coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell all attended as well.
    LINK

Now its one thing to scoop a free agent but now are theying to scoop a guy in the draft and free bread sticks from the phins as well.

This is probably just to push Flynn as well and would have nothing to do with how these guys feel about last years starter right

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast