Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Why is everyone so high on Flynn? He had 1 great game against the Lions.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Why is everyone so high on Flynn? He had 1 great game against the Lions.
    I don't get it either. He's even less proven than Kolb was, and we all see how well that's working out.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    Really speaks volumes of the amount of faith the Seahawks have in T-Jack when they bring in a guy who has started two games in his professional career and pay him $26 million to take his job.
    Hahahahaha I can hardly type for the tears of laughter. Two games is hardly a benchmark to make judgement on what a player can do and yet the 'Hawks feel that shows more promise than TJ has shown in his single year for them.. not taking into consideration his time at Minn that they must have looked at as well.
    As for the open competition - that will be a new experience for Jackson as well

The guy will have the epitaph that reads " Bust" and thats not referring to one in Canton either.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I don't get it either. He's even less proven than Kolb was, and we all see how well that's working out.
    I think he'll be way better than Kolb. I watched Kolb's games and I have no idea what everyone was so high on him about. Flynn looks like he could end up being pretty good, especially sense he learned from Rodgers.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Really speaks volumes of the amount of faith the Seahawks have in T-Jack when they bring in a guy who has started two games in his professional career and pay him $26 million to take his job.
    Peyton Manning is being replaced by a guy who has never even put on an NFL uniform.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Peyton Manning is being replaced by a guy who has never even put on an NFL uniform.
    Not really all that relevant. Apart from the fact that one quarterback is being replaced by another, the two situations are very different. The Colts are an organization that has hit rock bottom and needs to start over from square one. The Seahawks are a team that would at least like to be on the rise, who feel that they're just a quarterback away from being competitive.

As a result, the signings show two different things. The Colts cutting Manning shows that the they don't think they can win another Super Bowl with him at the helm during the limited number of years he has left, and that it's time for them to move on and get younger. The Seahawks signing Flynn shows that they don't think T-Jack will ever be the guy who will get them over the hump.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 03-21-2012 at 12:46 AM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    The Seahawks have signed QB Matt Flynn to a three-year, $26 million contract.

It appears Tarvaris Jackson's reign as starting quarterback will be just as short as most people expected it to be.
    How so?

I'm actually amazed that Flynn settled with Seattle and for the small contract that he did. What happened to all the big money he was supposed to get? LOL.

Nope, Pete and Flynn were both pretty vocal about the starting job and who's it was. Nobodies. In the end, TJ will wind up starting "AGAIN", just like he did last year.

Maybe I should have waited one more year to make that bet with Caine and EJ.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am sure we will get to hear all season from Marty how Tarvaris was given the short end of the stick again.
    Nope, TJ will do the talking for me. ......snicker.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The only volume this is speaking to is like any team, you need to have 2 good QB's on your roster.

TJ has already proven he can move this team (Charlie got 49 yards out of it once) when the backup couldn't. My guess is that this will be a good competition, but as with Whitehurst, TJ will win out and the Seahawks will pickup where they left off last year. A very young and dangerous team that no one will want to face.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The only volume this is speaking to is like any team, you need to have 2 good QB's on your roster.

TJ has already proven he can move this team (Charlie got 49 yards out of it once) when the backup couldn't. My guess is that this will be a good competition, but as with Whitehurst, TJ will win out and the Seahawks will pickup where they left off last year. A very young and dangerous team that no one will want to face.
    Anothers failure does not equal his success. There is no way Flynn loses the starting job to TJ. If TJ loses it, will you admit you're wrong? It's incredible this has to be debated anymore. And yah, no one wanted to face the Seahawks and that will continue into this year. They are so dangerous.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast