Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    He was never really that good... he put up good numbers (behind Hutch, mind you) but he had a reputation around the league as being soft. After Hutch left, I think everyone really saw the "Superstar" that Alexander really is.
    Does that mean that if Hutch suffers an injury, we'll see the real "Superstar" that AD is?
    I think if you watch Alexander's best run of his career... verses any run over 10 yards by AD last season... you've got your answer to that question. No comparison.

    Alexander put up good numbers because he had a good QB and solid line...

    We have TJ and a solid left side of the line.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #22
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Someone desperate for a second back will add him to thier roster (probably a 1 year contract) and if he doesn't make the team
    ohhhhhh well.

    You guys wanna does of reality?
    We will start to see Vikings going out the door this way in about 2 to 3 years.
    Even though they are fan favorites and we believe we can't live without them (ala T-rich), I have no doubt in my mind that this front office will cut them in a instant if they aren't producing.

    Take a look at our roster and you will see a few names that I am aluding to.
    :'(
    a few that come to mind:

    Pat Williams
    Darren Sharper
    Antoine Winfield
    CHester Taylor
    Matt Birk

    Any of those guys i could see cutting lose within the next 5 years or so
    CT is still pretty young... I don't see it to be as much as an issue.
    If we stop utilizing him, it would be easier to trade him still.
    Birk, I think, is someone whose name is definately on everybody's mind.
    :'(
    I don't know off hand, but i do believe CT is around 28/29 now.
    in 5 years taht would make him roughly 33 years old.
    definetally the age when production starts to drop.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    He was never really that good... he put up good numbers (behind Hutch, mind you) but he had a reputation around the league as being soft. After Hutch left, I think everyone really saw the "Superstar" that Alexander really is.
    Does that mean that if Hutch suffers an injury, we'll see the real "Superstar" that AD is?
    I think if you watch Alexander's best run of his career... verses any run over 10 yards by AD last season... you've got your answer to that question. No comparison.

    Alexander put up good numbers because he had a good QB and solid line...

    We have TJ and a solid left side of the line.
    Didn't someone put up a stat awhile back that kindof dispelled that myth?

    I think you could throw the Right side in for run blocking as well.
    Lets not forget the role the opposite gaurd plays when he pulls in the blocking scheme.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    He was never really that good... he put up good numbers (behind Hutch, mind you) but he had a reputation around the league as being soft. After Hutch left, I think everyone really saw the "Superstar" that Alexander really is.
    Does that mean that if Hutch suffers an injury, we'll see the real "Superstar" that AD is?
    I think if you watch Alexander's best run of his career... verses any run over 10 yards by AD last season... you've got your answer to that question. No comparison.

    Alexander put up good numbers because he had a good QB and solid line...

    We have TJ and a solid left side of the line.
    Didn't someone put up a stat awhile back that kindof dispelled that myth?

    I think you could throw the Right side in for run blocking as well.
    Lets not forget the role the opposite gaurd plays when he pulls in the blocking scheme.

    Point is... Alexander is playing pee-wee football compared to Peterson, even when Alexander was in his prime.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    He was never really that good... he put up good numbers (behind Hutch, mind you) but he had a reputation around the league as being soft. After Hutch left, I think everyone really saw the "Superstar" that Alexander really is.
    Does that mean that if Hutch suffers an injury, we'll see the real "Superstar" that AD is?
    I think if you watch Alexander's best run of his career... verses any run over 10 yards by AD last season... you've got your answer to that question. No comparison.

    Alexander put up good numbers because he had a good QB and solid line...

    We have TJ and a solid left side of the line.
    Didn't someone put up a stat awhile back that kindof dispelled that myth?

    I think you could throw the Right side in for run blocking as well.
    Lets not forget the role the opposite gaurd plays when he pulls in the blocking scheme.

    Point is... Alexander is playing pee-wee football compared to Peterson, even when Alexander was in his prime.

    I agree with you...I just wanted to get you on the record.



  6. #26
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Who was it that told me that they wouldn't release a former MVP?

    Always remember and never forget.
    Players come and go my friends.
    Just because they were good once doesn't mean that they don't suck now.
    ;D
    dont forget he was on the cover of madden too!

    [img width=450 height=628]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh215/dcboardr41/1145585346.jpg[/img]

    aw
    How fast the mighty fall.
    Unfortunately, I think RB's can suffer from this more than anyone.
    The pounding they take is unequaled and the physical attributes required to differentiate is hard to keep up.



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "josdin00" wrote:
    I predict that the Bears will sign him. They are in despirate need of runningbacks.
    In all logic, they should, but they don't seem to have much logic in Chicago. I like it that way. Maybe if he convinces the Lions he's a WR, they'll sign him.

  8. #28
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    I knew this was coming for him. I always thought he ran the football like a punk anyways! Good God! this guy was just our league's MVP!!!

    ALL DAY!!!

  9. #29
    duvaldomo's Avatar
    duvaldomo is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    903

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    My bet is the cards will pick em up because they are in their division and in need of a RB. My order

    1) Cards
    2) Bears
    3) Lions

  10. #30
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    I knew this was coming for him. I always thought he ran the football like a punk anyways! Good God! this guy was just our league's MVP!!!
    Didn't some guy named Favre win that pointless award a few years back also?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Redskins Likely to Sign Shaun Alexander
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
  2. Shaun Alexander to Bengals?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 12:18 PM
  3. FF Shaun Alexander??
    By snowinapril in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 12:05 PM
  4. Shaun Alexander out indefinitely
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 02:24 PM
  5. Shaun Alexander says he wants to be a Panther next year!!!
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 07:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •