Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    They have to compete with the 49ers in their division for the playoffs. They went 11-5 last year. I think their additions will make them a team to contend with. They have everything in place to make a run at the SB. That is what is important not what their cap will look like 2 or three years from now. The NFL is all about winning the Super Bowl. No one cares if you came in second. We should know.
    Most of us over 40 remember when it happened. The younger ones 40 & under have yet to see us finish 2nd on live TV.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Harvin didn't want the ball all of the time, but he did want a QB that was capable of helping his team win. He wanted that for the team, not himself. He complained when he saw WR's that were open & Ponder wasn't throwing to them. That's not a "me" thing either.

Harvin wanted the Vikings to win & did everything he could on the field to help them succeed, just like AD did. That's not a "me" thing.

So what exactly is it specifically about Harvin that makes you & others believe he was an "all about me player"? The fact that he wanted a long term contract with the Vikings despite Ponder? The fact that he wanted to get paid what he was worth?
    And he wanted to be traded so the team could improve with more draft picks

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Now the Seahawks are looking to sign Winfield.

They have a good GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Now the Seahawks are looking to sign Winfield.

They have a good GM.
    I'm curious to see what kind of signing bonus or guaranteed money will be tied to Winfield due to a couple of things. First the Seahawks do run a similiar defense but with more man coverage which isn't really Antoine's strenght, second Winfield didn't practice alot as a Viking to stay fresh LINK

Winfield was smiling Friday as he explained that he hasn't practiced for the past three or four weeks. The reality is the Vikings long ago devised a plan to get Winfield rest late in the season. That plan revolved around taking care of a guy who is in his 14th season.
    LINK

The coaches are taking care of me during the week.' That's the time that usually the legs feel a little heavy but I feel great. They're cutting off my reps in practice and letting me play on Sundays."
    Not so sure Pete Carroll will roll with this, he likes to have the competitive camps and high energy practices

Last bit is the Hawks haven't had any issues with bringing in veterans and later releasing them whether it was Owens released in August or Braylon Edwards released in early December

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So what exactly is it specifically about Harvin that makes you & others believe he was an "all about me player"? The fact that he wanted a long term contract with the Vikings despite Ponder? The fact that he wanted to get paid what he was worth?
    I think it was just a feeling that was brought up starting all the way from last year when the first reports he was demanding a trade. Maybe he wasn't an "all about me player" but he obviously had no faith in the front office or the coaching staff. I had pretty much given up on him after the "blow up" he had towards Frazier during the Seattle game and it seemed it was the same for the rest of the team.

Either way I have no hard feelings about the Harvin trade. I think it was best for both sides and wish him the best on the rest of his NFL career. You can't blame him for his frustrations with the QB situation that was in place and lack of passing game, but I think he could have approached it in a better fashion. With a player like AD on your team, the main focus will always be towards the running game. Too much to handle for some WR's....

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I think it was just a feeling that was brought up starting all the way from last year when the first reports he was demanding a trade. Maybe he wasn't an "all about me player" but he obviously had no faith in the front office or the coaching staff. I had pretty much given up on him after the "blow up" he had towards Frazier during the Seattle game and it seemed it was the same for the rest of the team.

Either way I have no hard feelings about the Harvin trade. I think it was best for both sides and wish him the best on the rest of his NFL career. You can't blame him for his frustrations with the QB situation that was in place and lack of passing game, but I think he could have approached it in a better fashion. With a player like AD on your team, the main focus will always be towards the running game. Too much to handle for some WR's....
    Pretty sure that Blowup was about a Ponder pass... He was brutal in that game.... He threw for 63 yards. 63 yards....Why does our Rb have 3X as many rushing yards as our Qb has passing.... **cries self to sleep**

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Pretty sure that Blowup was about a Ponder pass... He was brutal in that game.... He threw for 63 yards. 63 yards....Why does our Rb have 3X as many rushing yards as our Qb has passing.... **cries self to sleep**
    Oh yes tell me about it. I watched that Ponder shit show first person. It was the one game the pops and I got to attend last year.

It was fun watching AD run all over them though. The first play being a Peterson 79 yard run to the 1 was priceless. Never heard the "12th" man so quiet.

I knew Ponders stats were going to look horrible, but not THAT bad. When I saw the 63 yards passing I could do nothing more than just laugh.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Seahawks Building a powerhouse, with Vikings' help

The Seahawks are building the team to be good over the next 2 years max before they run into CAP problems and the players start to leave as fast as they are coming in right now. It will be great for them if they get the one and done but they won't keep this roster together for more than a few years.

Vikings waived 19 today who will end up in Seattle?

TE Colin Anderson, RB Joe Banyard, S Brandan Bishop, OL Travis Bond, CB Brandon Burton, WR Stephen Burton, DT Everett Dawkins, S Darius Eubanks, CB Bobby Felder, TE Chase Ford, OL Brandon Keith, DT Anthony McCloud, LB Tyrone McKenzie, OL Kevin Murphy, DT Spencer Nealy, DE D’Aundre Reed, WR Rodney Smith, WR Adam Thielen, DE Collins Ukwu.

Without Winfield or Harvin on the current active roster this is what's now available to help build that powerhouse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123