Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    They have to compete with the 49ers in their division for the playoffs. They went 11-5 last year. I think their additions will make them a team to contend with. They have everything in place to make a run at the SB. That is what is important not what their cap will look like 2 or three years from now. The NFL is all about winning the Super Bowl. No one cares if you came in second. We should know.

WWBGD

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    That was exactly my point. They need to win it, right now, or it was all for nothing.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In terms of money, the difference between an "all about me" great player and a great player is one has to ask to be paid what he's worth & the other is already being paid what he's worth without having to ask for it.

If you're referring to ""all about me" as a player being hard to build team chemistry, then....

Adrian Peterson Wants the Ball 40 to 50 Times—Each Game
    Adrian Peterson Wants to Break Eric Dickerson's NFL Rushing Record
    Adrian Peterson wants to return kickoffs
    Adrian Peterson Wants to Block Field Goals
    Adrian Peterson wanted to change his number
    Adrian Peterson admits he wants "to talk about" a new contract
    More than anything Adrian Peterson wants to win a championship. In all the interviews I've seen he puts winning as his top priority. All the other stuff is just a means to that end. In no way do I think Peterson is a "me first" player.
    And all too often the squeaky wheel does get the oil, just look at Percy Harvin. Had he jut played football he would be making a lot less this year.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    With Flynn heading to Raiders the Seattle Viki...Seahawks have an opening that could be filled by ex-Bills backup and Vikings former 7th round pick

QB moves could send Thigpen Seattle’s way

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, former Bills backup Tyler Thigpen is on the “short list” for the Seattle backup job.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Another exViking could be making a trip to the north west

Antoine Winfield expected to visit Seahawks

...cornerback Antoine Winfield is expected to meet with the Seahawks this week. Winfield has spent a lot of time in the slot in recent seasons, something he’d likely do if he wound up with the Seahawks thanks to the presence of Browner and Sherman on the outside.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think the Sea Hawks are still pissed about Hutch and the poison pill. That's why they are signing so many ex-Vikings. LOL

WWBGD

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think the Sea Hawks are still pissed about Hutch and the poison pill. That's why they are signing so many ex-Vikings. LOL
    Haha I was thinking that too. It almost sounds like they still haven't gotten over the whole Hutchinson thing. Come on, wasn't Nate Burleson enough?

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In terms of money, the difference between an "all about me" great player and a great player is one has to ask to be paid what he's worth & the other is already being paid what he's worth without having to ask for it.

If you're referring to ""all about me" as a player being hard to build team chemistry, then....

Adrian Peterson Wants the Ball 40 to 50 Times—Each Game
    Adrian Peterson Wants to Break Eric Dickerson's NFL Rushing Record
    Adrian Peterson wants to return kickoffs
    Adrian Peterson Wants to Block Field Goals
    Adrian Peterson wanted to change his number
    Adrian Peterson admits he wants "to talk about" a new contract
    I'm talking about an "all about me player" that cares only about himself and could care less about what the team does.

Peterson said he wanted to break the record or course, but also said he was most focused on getting the win and making the playoffs.

AD also gave credit to his "team" and line for much of his success.

Of course players want money, and want to accomplish self made goals. But some players just aren't for the team, and only out for themselves. AD isn't one of those players.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Why wouldn't we? We did it for Dallas
    Purple till i die

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I'm talking about an "all about me player" that cares only about himself and could care less about what the team does.

Peterson said he wanted to break the record or course, but also said he was most focused on getting the win and making the playoffs.

AD also gave credit to his "team" and line for much of his success.

Of course players want money, and want to accomplish self made goals. But some players just aren't for the team, and only out for themselves. AD isn't one of those players.
    Harvin didn't want the ball all of the time, but he did want a QB that was capable of helping his team win. He wanted that for the team, not himself. He complained when he saw WR's that were open & Ponder wasn't throwing to them. That's not a "me" thing either.

Harvin wanted the Vikings to win & did everything he could on the field to help them succeed, just like AD did. That's not a "me" thing.

So what exactly is it specifically about Harvin that makes you & others believe he was an "all about me player"? The fact that he wanted a long term contract with the Vikings despite Ponder? The fact that he wanted to get paid what he was worth?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast