Thread: Seahawks

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Seahawks

Because this team is out in the Pacific Northwest they don't get a lot of media attention despite a continuous uphill trend. But the Vikings play them at least twice this year, once in the preseason, and again for the third year in a row in the regular season. AND, I believe there is a strong chance the Vikes will meet the Seahawks in the postseason as well. We've been analyzing every other team...time we analyze this one.

Seattle is one of the most improved teams in the NFL. Their defense has drastically improved over the last few years. Consider the secondary which got a big boost last year from rookie Marcus Trufant, a player many Viking fans had their eye on coming into the '03 draft. Trufant didn't disappoint and looks to be one of the better CBs in the league. The Hawks added Bobby Taylor as well. He may be getting older but he's still a proven vet. The addition of Grant Wistrom to the d-line is also big news since Seattle was lacking a consistent pass rush last year. They also had a good draft defensively, adding depth to their d-line and LB corps.

On offense you can't deny the Seahawks talent. Shaun Alexander is a stellar RB, Hasselbeck is getting better each year, and the Seahawks have plenty of guys to catch the ball between K Robinson, Darrell Jackson and Itula Mili. Their O posted the sixth highest point total in the league last year.

I know the Vikes mauled them during the regular season last year, which was thrilling to me since many people predicted Seattle to win that game. But this is a new season and the Seahawks look as good if not better than ever. They have to be favorites to win the NFC West and I believe they could go far in the playoffs. Like I said they haven't gotten much media attention but I have that game marked on my calendar as one of the Vikes toughest...and a Minnesota-Seattle NFC championship is not out of the question this year. What do you guys think?
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Seahawks

i totally agree with you!! everyone thinks i'm crazy when i say seahawks will make a strong push for the super bowl ... however, that will be impossible if they are not the number one seed because that will mean they have to come to the dome ... i have always been a fan of the most unappreciated RB in the NFL, shaun alexander, and i feel a seattle @ minnesota NFC championship looks very possible

out of the AFC, my sleeper team would be jacksonville, and i feel they can push indianapolis and tennessee for supremacy in the AFC south

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Seahawks

Hasselback still makes too many mistakes, (The playoff game vs. the packers is an example) They're WR's are talented but to inconsistent (Especially Darrel Jackson), Their RB's are good though, their O-line, while solid doesn't exactly compare with ours. Their D-Line is very unproved and it's kind of sad that their best Pass Rusher is Wistrom, don't get me wrong, Wistroms a good player but not really a Premier Pass rusher, the rest of their D-Line is nothing special. Their Secondary, I admit is good, Marcus Trufant had a spectacularly solid rookie year, and Taylor and Lucas make for good depth, FS Ken Hamlin is a hard hitter and a very solid safety, Peter Boulware will struggle at SS, though since he played OLB in college. Their LB's are good on the outside, a bit shady on the inside, they need more youth at MLB as Randall Godfrey is too old.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Seahawks

the seahawks will be good. like the vikings, it all depends on how their defense plays, since they have a very good offense. i think they overpayed greatly for wistrom. he is good, but not worth the money they paid. as long as the rams don't catch fire this year, i can't see why the 'hawks can't win their division.

don't tell my brother i said that though, he's a 'hawks fan
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Seahawks

Hasselbeck is an unspectacular, inconsisten QB, but he does have the potential to be very good in any given game.

Shaun Alexander is a good RB, he is entering hte final year of his contract though and may not get re-signed (as they tried shopping him for Bailey).

Their WR corps is good, not great, as is their o-line.

Their D has troubles stopping the run but will get better and their secondary isn't that great in coverage (better against the run).

Still a solid team nonetheless.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

UkViking is offline Rookie

Seahawks

Seahawks are a strong team but Hasselbeck is a weak link for me.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

AlphaRam is offline Waterboy

Seahawks

The Seahawks will not be much of anything if they cannot learn how to win on the road.
    [img:b2a033ed80]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/2004541315827084802666.jpg[/img:b2a033ed80]

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Seahawks

"AlphaRam" wrote:
    The Seahawks will not be much of anything if they cannot learn how to win on the road.
    They took Green Bay into overtime in Lambeau in the playoffs...I'd say that's a good start.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Seahawks

not to mention they did what we couldn't ... win on the road in order to clinch a playoff spot

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Seahawks

I think the Seahawks have nowhere to go but up, and are serious Super Bowl contenders this season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!