Prophet Guest

Schlesinger in dreamland.

Lions | Schlesinger optimistic about team’s offense
    Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:26:21 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions FB Cory Schlesinger is excited about the team's potential. Schlesinger said, "This offense we have is humongous. When we do get the details done, this is going to be a very explosive offense with a lot of points scored on the board." He added, "This is a great opportunity for this organization, myself, to go out there and have a great season and get in the playoffs."

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Schlesinger in dreamland.

You know theres another part of football Cory, it's calle defense and you don't have ANY!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think their group of wide receivers are humongous, unless you are talking about Mike William's shadow!

The Lions have put together a great offense on paper, but lets see how the players perform!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

the vikings had an awesome team all around on paper last year and look how they performed

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

It is the Lions we're talking abou there! They'll suck as always.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

bravo..

who is their QB??

i know they did some qb adjustments.. at least i think they did..

if they could hold on to the ball, and their qb not give it away, their offense will be potent, or you would hope so after the millions of WRs they've drafted the past few years
    i m better than you, so just give up...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

You can't get a pass off without a good QB and o-line. Last time I checked the lions have neither.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Don't be too quick to write the Lions off. This is a team I've been eyeing with uncertainty for the past couple of seasons.

While they have certainly underperformed for the past few seasons, they have gone out and assembled a very competant team...on BOTH sides of the ball. If they can ever put all the pieces together....watch out.

As for their QB situation, it could be worse. McCown is young, and has had a few bad seasons, but he played in Arizona. And Kitna has been around awhile and has had a few good seasons. Both will likely be an unpgrade from a capable but erratic Joey Harrington and will bolster the teams confidence.

Plus, getting out from under Mariuchi's outdated West Coast style of play should open up their game somewhat. Their receivers are built for deep games, not short dump routes that Mooch had them running.

They have a decent RB group in place. Their O-line, while unspectacular, isn't the worst I've seen. And their Defense boasts some very competant players.

All in all, this is a team that has been knocking on the door for the past few seasons...are they ready to step over now? We'll see.

Either way, don't count them out. I actually worry more about them than I do the Packers or Bears.

Caine

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

The last few years I've worried about the Lion's a little bit. But it never takes long to realize that was stupid thinking. Maybe this will be their year. Based off of the past few seasons though (and lack of O-line, Defense), I'm not going to get too excited about them doing anything special. We'll see...

I don't know about the Lions... they're good on paper, and they had some injuries last year (Kevin Jones), but they always underachieve, especially on offense (except Jones his rookie year) and on D they go Bly, Rogers, Bailey and Lehman can be good... they're unpredictable.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust