Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Schein hands out final grades

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7620808

Fox Sports gives out the final team grades for the season...the Vikings get C+.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Schein hands out final grades

Thanks my friend.
    Nice read.

I would have lowered these two.
    Not sure if they deserve an A.

Redskins—The Washington 2007 story, as we documented in depth last week, is one for the ages.

Titans—The sum is greater than the parts for this supremely coached Jeff Fisher squad. A fantastic defensive line led by Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth, a solid linebacker corps led by Keith Bulluck and David Thornton, and the maturity of LenDale White equaled a stunning run to the playoffs.
    Pretty fair assesment on the Vikes.

Vikings—This is the toughest team to give a final grade. Yes, Brad Childress' team overachieved with an 8-8 mark. Yes, the Vikings went on a nice four-game win streak between Weeks 12 and 15 to put themselves in position to make the playoffs. But Minnesota then got torched by Todd Collins at home. And the Vikings lost in Week 17 to avoid a winning season. The season-ending performance for Tarvaris Jackson typified his season with moments of brilliance and futility. I do think Jackson showed enough to be the starter next year. Now if Rick Spielman can actually bring in some receivers
    Hey, all you [s]yutz's[/s] posters who still wanna believe the Chiller has the final say on who he coaches every year, take a real hard look at what this guy says in his last line.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The season-ending performance for Tarvaris Jackson typified his season with moments of brilliance and futility.
    Moments of brilliance and futility.
    That absolutely sums up the season as a whole.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    The season-ending performance for Tarvaris Jackson typified his season with moments of brilliance and futility.
    Moments of brilliance and futility.
    That absolutely sums up the season as a whole.
    See, if I had a eduummmmication I would have used dime words like that with my nickel mind instead of "Highs and Lows".
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks my friend.
    Nice read.

I would have lowered these two.
    Not sure if they deserve an A.

Redskins—The Washington 2007 story, as we documented in depth last week, is one for the ages.

Titans—The sum is greater than the parts for this supremely coached Jeff Fisher squad. A fantastic defensive line led by Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth, a solid linebacker corps led by Keith Bulluck and David Thornton, and the maturity of LenDale White equaled a stunning run to the playoffs.
    Pretty fair assesment on the Vikes.

Vikings—This is the toughest team to give a final grade. Yes, Brad Childress' team overachieved with an 8-8 mark. Yes, the Vikings went on a nice four-game win streak between Weeks 12 and 15 to put themselves in position to make the playoffs. But Minnesota then got torched by Todd Collins at home. And the Vikings lost in Week 17 to avoid a winning season. The season-ending performance for Tarvaris Jackson typified his season with moments of brilliance and futility. I do think Jackson showed enough to be the starter next year. Now if Rick Spielman can actually bring in some receivers
    Hey, all you [s]yutz's[/s] posters who still wanna believe the Chiller has the final say on who he coaches every year, take a real hard look at what this guy says in his last line.
    ;D
    Someone may want to tell this "Professional Journalist" that it was a 5 game win streak.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Anybody else wonder how the Redskins get this much attention because of Sean Taylor's death but when a team that has lost two of it's players(Broncos), you hardly hear a peep. What a joke...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

C+ for the Vikings.
    Hmmm, let's see.
    They lost to the Lions, and Broncos.
    Two 7-9 teams.
    Plus, they lost to the Chiefs, a 4-12 team.
    I give them a D-.

"Vikestand" wrote:
    Anybody else wonder how the Redskins get this much attention because of Sean Taylor's death but when a team that has lost two of it's players(Broncos), you hardly hear a peep. What a joke...
    I agree 100%.
    I don't remember ever hearing this much about Stringer either...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"MinnesotaFury" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    I agree 100%.
    As sad is it is, there are a few reasons for it IMO. One, the nature of how he lost his life, Murdered, same type of media play as the Williams story last year. Second, is Taylor was probably the most well known player on the Skins minus maybe Portis. Third, the Stringer death IMO recieved less media play because it was a black eye for the NFL and they probably wanted the story to go away ASAP.

However, the after effects for the Stringer death and the changes in practice guidelines and procedures probably were more impactful and altering than either of the Williams or Taylor deaths.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "MinnesotaFury" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    I agree 100%.
    As sad is it is, there are a few reasons for it IMO. One, the nature of how he lost his life, Murdered, same type of media play as the Williams story last year. Second, is Taylor was probably the most well known player on the Skins minus maybe Portis. Third, the Stringer death IMO recieved less media play because it was a black eye for the NFL and they probably wanted the story to go away ASAP.

However, the after effects for the Stringer death and the changes in practice guidelines and procedures probably were more impactful and altering than either of the Williams or Taylor deaths.
    I attribute it more along the lines of east coast team, east coast press, east coast this, east coast that.

Anything that doesn't happen according to the east coast prime time then it isn't news worthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast