COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

SB Scalping Goes On

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Even as the NFL hopes to put the skeleton of the Meathead (Tice) Super Bowl scalping incident in the closet next to Janet Jackson's right boob, we're hearing that there's still plenty of reselling of Super Bowl seats at a significant premium above face value.

Some teams have placed tight restrictions on the ability of personnel to get tickets, requiring them to personally retrieve the tickets in Detroit. But there remains plenty of activity in connection with players lining up folks to buy the seats at a more-than-tidy profit.

We've heard that the going rate is $3,800 for two $500 seats in the "stuff the rag deep into the nostril and hold your head back" section.

As usual, players will buy the tickets at face value, resell them at a big profit, and pocket the difference without declaring the gain as income. And why should they worry? By all appearances, the IRS didn't come sniffing around Mike Tice after he denied then admitted to chronic scalping. If the feds aren't concerned about a guy who already has confessed to turning a profit that likely didn't show up on his 1040, why are they going to spend any time chasing guys who have yet to admit that they do it?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: SB Scalping Goes On

Does Tice get tickets this year? He was the coach for the regular season, so you would think that he earned the tickets.

I wonder if he will sell them this year if he does get some? LOL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Even as the NFL hopes to put the skeleton of the Meathead (Tice) Super Bowl scalping incident in the closet next to Janet Jackson's right boob, we're hearing that there's still plenty of reselling of Super Bowl seats at a significant premium above face value.

Some teams have placed tight restrictions on the ability of personnel to get tickets, requiring them to personally retrieve the tickets in Detroit. But there remains plenty of activity in connection with players lining up folks to buy the seats at a more-than-tidy profit.

We've heard that the going rate is $3,800 for two $500 seats in the "stuff the rag deep into the nostril and hold your head back" section.

As usual, players will buy the tickets at face value, resell them at a big profit, and pocket the difference without declaring the gain as income. And why should they worry? By all appearances, the IRS didn't come sniffing around Mike Tice after he denied then admitted to chronic scalping. If the feds aren't concerned about a guy who already has confessed to turning a profit that likely didn't show up on his 1040, why are they going to spend any time chasing guys who have yet to admit that they do it?

Man, that is alot of money for tix, that aren't even that good of seats... When are they going to let that crap down? I hope we don't have to hear anymore about it now that Tice is gone...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Did you guys see Ray Crockett being interviewed on OTL on ESPN? He was talking about the players scalping tickets and he said that he thinks about 85% of the players scalp their tickets. It was pretty interesting.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

This article was almost like, "hey feds aren't you forgetting something here."

When the superbowl was here in Houston, some guy approached me to see if I wanted to buy tickets. I asked how much and he said, "upper level, is all I have and they are 18."

I didn't realize they were that expensive. I like how he said it so casually, "18." Eighteen hundred is not casual to me. I actually laughed at him and walked.

I don't think I would ever pay that much money even if it was the Vikings. I want to enjoy the game and be able to actually see the game.

I feel fortuante to have been able to watch Duke play for the national championship in 2000 for $40. Even though those were nose bleed, that was a bargain. Those SB tickets are a joke for that much money.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

tice probably got banned from getting tickets ha ha
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

its crazy how much money you can sell your tickets for.
    We're bringing purple back.