Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: San Fran trades draft picks!

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    Man that sucks! That's a trade the Vikes should have pulled off. Imagine; trading a 2nd rnd & a 3rd rnd for the 22. We would have 17, 22, a 2nd rnd and a 3rd. We could have trade the 22nd to atlanta or packaged both 1st rounders to move up in the top ten.

Beginnig to think Vikes aren't going to pull off anything major. Just stick with 17 and hope for Greenway, I Guess.
    I didn't think of that.. That would have been sweet. Oh well.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Slade" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Broncos deal 22nd overall pick to 49ers

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The San Francisco 49ers now have two first-round picks in this month's NFL draft.

The Niners acquired the 22nd overall selection in the draft from the Denver Broncos on Wednesday for picks in the second round and third round.

The Broncos will receive the 37th and 68th overall picks in the deal.

The Niners own the sixth overall pick in the draft as well as No. 22 in the first round.

The New York Jets are the only other team with two first-round picks in the April 29 draft.

The Broncos now own seven picks in the first four rounds. They have the 15th overall selection after moving up from 29th in a deal with Atlanta.

Denver had acquired the 22nd overall pick from Washington in a trade last April.
    Interesting move by San Fran. I wonder if they picked up the extra pick because they have two first rounders they want to get, or if they are planning on making some additional moves with their #6 pick.
    Maybe they want Reggie Bush???
    ~ They could not afford Reggie Bush. They gave Alex Smith waaaay to much $$$. Thats why Julian Peterson, Andre Carter & Brandon Lloyd are gone
    Not to mention why would you trade a 2nd and a third for a first rounder JUST to trade up? Why not just give the Texans your second and third instead of the new first rounder?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I had a trade scenario that I posted earlier today that had us trading with Denver for the 22nd pick, the 49ers picks are higher in the second and 3rd round but this still would have worked.

I have a better idea Sparky.

We trade down in the 1st from the 17th pick (950 points) with Jacksonville for the 28th pick (660 points) and their 2nd round pick #60 (300 points).

We than trade the 1st round (28th overall) to Atlanta for Matt Schaub straight up.

Then we trade our 1st 2nd round pick (48th) and the 60th pick (from Jacksonville) to Denver for the 22nd pick in the 1st round. We should be able to get either Greenway or Bobby Carpenter at the 22nd pick.

Denver already has the 15th pick and they pick up 2 2nd rounders giving them 3 picks in the 2nd round 48th, 60th and 61st picks. Denver would do this.

Vikings end up with Matt Schaub, 1st round pick (22 pick), 2nd round (51st pick) and 2 3rd rounders.

Better deal for us Sparky, you guys can keep your pick.

In reality all we would give up for Schaub then is a 2nd rounder as we would still have a 1st and a 2nd, instead of a 1st and 2 2nds.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    Man that sucks! That's a trade the Vikes should have pulled off. Imagine; trading a 2nd rnd & a 3rd rnd for the 22. We would have 17, 22, a 2nd rnd and a 3rd. We could have trade the 22nd to atlanta or packaged both 1st rounders to move up in the top ten.

Beginnig to think Vikes aren't going to pull off anything major. Just stick with 17 and hope for Greenway, I Guess.
    The Vikes would have traded their 2nd and 3rd for #22 if the Broncos would've accepted it. All 2nd round picks are not equal, and we are something like 10 spots lower than them. That scenario is next to impossible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123