Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: Same "OLE PEPPER"

Just watched highlights of the game and for me it was the same old Culpepper when throwing the ball in the 4th.He never fumbled though, probably because he didn't try to run with the ball too many times. I must admit I was laughing when Porter mocked the roll on celebration.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I will quote Prince, "it is more easier to love than it is to hate."

Let it rest.

11 Pages............................................. .....

Here, I will say it you were all right.

There, now you all win and can drop it.

I don't know if you will be able to say that all season, but atleast for this week you all win.

There is know reason for me to want to see DC do bad.
    He is done with the Vikes and that is that.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    Its easy to look good if you have randy moss on ur team...all he had to do was throw it within 30 yards of him and hed come down with it....
    I hardly think so! Just ask Kerry Collins. Most of DC passes to Moss where right on target. The jump ball everyone obsesively talks about as a poorly thrown ball was right where Moss asked for it to be so they could capatilize on his leaping ability. It's been brought up on national television on more than 1 occassion.

Don't you think 30 yards off target & Moss can still come down with it just stretching it a tad?
    I don't think it's a coincidence that Moss had made every washed up QB he's played with look good, whereas Culpepper has looked like nothing more than a washed up QB without moss.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    Its easy to look good if you have randy moss on ur team...all he had to do was throw it within 30 yards of him and hed come down with it....
    I hardly think so! Just ask Kerry Collins. Most of DC passes to Moss where right on target. The jump ball everyone obsesively talks about as a poorly thrown ball was right where Moss asked for it to be so they could capatilize on his leaping ability. It's been brought up on national television on more than 1 occassion.

Don't you think 30 yards off target & Moss can still come down with it just stretching it a tad?
    I don't think it's a coincidence that Moss had made every washed up QB he's played with look good, whereas Culpepper has looked like nothing more than a washed up QB without moss.
    ??? When did Kerry Collins look good with Moss? Their 4-12 record last year is no indication of it .

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"modena11" wrote:
    wow, i knew this would turn into a hot topic.

to vikingned, the fact you burned a vikings jersey is what i find wrong. and i never said to you that you were the one who was wishing bad things on daunte. it was a general comment to those who actually did.

whenever i read the daunte threads, i just can't stand how people blame everything on him. football is a team game.
    i've read every post and i still see the same posts that i find annoying, ones i cant relate too and ones that i agree with. i realize this is just the way its gonna be.

if daunte had a defence like one of the superbowl winning defences of the past 6 years, then there is no doubt we would have been in a superbowl.

thing is, daunte is an elite qb. but i have to say he is the only elite qb that makes alot of mistakes. you can't forgive his fumbling, i know that. but if you look at those elite qb's, what do you see. a great all around offence. great line, solid RB and solid WR. something daunte had until last year. he was definitely set up to fail last year. but in the past he had it all and performed. you can't deny that.

what was brett favre the last 2 years without his great line to open up the run and give him protection. what was peyton in the game vs the steelers when they gave him no time, he sure wasn't a MVP QB.

all i'm saying is you can't blame daunte for all of our ineffectiveness because he threw INT's, which the majority do.

if you hate him because of the way he left, fine, that is your own perogative and i have no problem with that. it's when you go off blaming everything no him and saying he "Cant read defences". i would say daunte makes bad decisions late in the game because he just tries to make the big play. i hated him for that, but fact is he can read defences.

whatever. good luck daunte, hope you succeed in miami, prove some people wrong, hope you lose when we play you and hope you stay healthy.

oh and finally, to the guy who said "did you see the giants 41-0 game or whatever" and you pretty much blamed it on daunte, what a joke.
    You're right it is a team game but if you watch last nights game the Dolphins didn't lose the game for the Dolphins.>>Daunte did.
    He threw terribly when people were open and threw 2 (which should have been 4) INTs.
    Each throw was horrible.
    Don't blame the pass protection.
    It was pretty darn good last night.

Defense is spelled with an "s".
    Offense is spelled with an "s"
    That must be a typo.
    At least you are consistent.

Prophet Guest

"ejmat" wrote:
    That must be a typo.
    Not in 'correct' English.
    He could just as easily flip your statement around and say the same thing back.

I watched the game in FF again last night and looked at Miami's offensive plays.
    Daunte had some nice passes, but a lot of them were underthrown or off target.
    He easily could have had four picks and that one to Porter was a horrendous read.
    There are already people in Dolphins land calling for Joey
    8).

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    That must be a typo.

I watched the game in FF again last night and looked at Miami's offensive plays.
    He easily could have had four picks and that one to Porter was a horrendous read.
    8).

PEP looked rusty. But the dude was not even suppose to start after his injury. So give him a little bit of a break.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    That must be a typo.

8).

PEP looked rusty. But the dude was not even suppose to start after his injury. So give him a little bit of a break.
    the only break I hope he gets is his LEG !

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'm gonna give him 3 games to warm up.. He hasn't played a game since the middle of last year and probably was shaking some rust off and getting used to a full game with his leg..

Don't forget he also did play a top 10 D and they also did play very well!

One Love

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    I'm gonna give him 3 games to warm up.. He hasn't played a game since the middle of last year and probably was shaking some rust off and getting used to a full game with his leg..

Don't forget he also did play a top 10 D and they also did play very well!

One Love
    I'm not going to give him a break at all.
    He looked the same way in preseason and let's compare him to Carson Palmer.
    Let's face it.
    The guy said he was ready.
    There's no excuse.
    No brushing off rust.
    He flat out had a bad game.
    Like Prophet said he threw some good passes but the fact is he got rattled and started throwing bad passes.
    That almost INT in the endzone wasn't even close to his wide open receiver.

Oh yeah Prophet.
    About the "s" vs "c" thing... You're kidding, right?
    Sometimes there are typos but he did it on 3 separate words in the post.
    It wasn't a mistake.
    Proper or not the dictionary says defense and offense.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast