Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Salary Cap, a thing of the past?

I would be pissed if the NFL did away with the salary cap.
    The salary cap, or lack there of, in baseball is the one thing that drives me nuts.
    You get much better competition when everybody is on the same level.
    Like stated, it's one of the things that makes the NFL so great.

As the cliche goes...
    Any given Sunday.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    Personally I don't think the owners overall will back out of the deal, but greed is a funny thing. Instead of opting out of the deal, just hold the signing to the minimum limit instead for your bottom line. Just because there is a cap, you don't have to spend to it... note the 07 Packers as one of many teams that didn't spend to the limit.

In record profits.. it would be silly to disrupt the positive vibes of the game.. but the greedy bastages like Jerry Jones surely might swing the tide.
    Didn't someone provide us a link/info on a requirement to spend at least 85% of the CAP?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Personally I don't think the owners overall will back out of the deal, but greed is a funny thing. Instead of opting out of the deal, just hold the signing to the minimum limit instead for your bottom line. Just because there is a cap, you don't have to spend to it... note the 07 Packers as one of many teams that didn't spend to the limit.

In record profits.. it would be silly to disrupt the positive vibes of the game.. but the greedy bastages like Jerry Jones surely might swing the tide.
    Didn't someone provide us a link/info on a requirement to spend at least 85% of the CAP?
    Exactly, but if you are whining about profits, manage your spending like a normal business and maintain a level that works for your business model. Just because there is a cap, doesn't mean you have to spend right up to it. Correct though there is a minimum required.. but even at the max cap, most franchises aren't losing money.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Exactly, but if you are whining about profits, manage your spending like a normal business and maintain a level that works for your business model. Just because there is a cap, doesn't mean you have to spend right up to it. Correct though there is a minimum required.. but even at the max cap, most franchises aren't losing money.
    You have to keep the fans happy too, and I think most owners really want to win a championship. The problem is that the salary cap is a percentage of the owners profits, so as profits increase so do the expenses, this ensures that the teams making the least will always be able to cry poverty and demand a stadium, regardless of how much the league is profiting.

PS. I have no idea what I just wrote or what it has to do with the thread.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    ....PS. I have no idea what I just wrote or what it has to do with the thread.
    lmao, I should just put that as a disclaimer for all my posts.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12