Tampa Bay Buccaneers $5.1 million
    Oakland Raiders $653,000

Over the salary cap
    Team Cap status (over)
    Indianapolis Colts $5.9 million
    Washington Redskins $4.9 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Salary Cap Status For All NFL Teams

Lets hope some of that cash lands in the pockets of Leonard Davis or Max Starks, and Asante Samuel.

If we go back to man coverage at the corners I don't see us taking Samuel, since Smoot will succeed in man.

But let's spend some cash, there isn't much in FA this year so lets get a lineman while we can, I'm sure they'd love to play with Hutch, McKinnie, and Birk.

MississippiViking is offline Training Camp

This is the salary status as of March 10th of last year.
    No bearing on what it will be this off season.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

And the cap will rise to 109? right.. So no team will be under the cap, come next season no one will be under the cap.. LOL :>

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Green Bay Packers

$35 million
    Minnesota Vikings

$30.9 million

let's hope the pack uses some of that money for a Farwell Bonus for Bret...

one thing constent for us is, we always seem to be in Great Cap shape, let's use some up for sure on some solid talent...How about a solid RT, and a couple of talented WR's for starts... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Over the salary cap
    Team

Cap status (over)
    Indianapolis Colts

$5.9 million
    Washington Redskins

$4.9 million
    Again, I have to ask this question, because I still haven't received a viable answer.

Before the season began, there were several several teams over the cap (just ask CollegeGuyJeff).

It was said the commission makes it mandatory for the teams to get under the cap prior to the NFL season.

Yet here we are into the playoffs & the Colts & Redskins are still operating over the cap, without any type of consequences. So much for being under the cap being mandatory.

Why are they being allowed to do so? What penalties does the NFL impose for over the cap teams?

It seems absolutely nothing happens to the teams that violate it.

It seems they have allowed these two teams to operate all season long with over the cap numbers. Isn't that an unfair advantage, especially in the case of the playoff Colts?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Over the salary cap
    Team

Cap status (over)
    Indianapolis Colts

$5.9 million
    Washington Redskins

$4.9 million
    Again, I have to ask this question, because I still haven't received a viable answer.

Before the season began, there were several several teams over the cap (just ask CollegeGuyJeff).

It was said the commission makes it mandatory for the teams to get under the cap prior to the NFL season.

Yet here we are into the playoffs & the Colts & Redskins are still operating over the cap, without any type of consequences. So much for being under the cap being mandatory.

Why are they being allowed to do so? What penalties does the NFL impose for over the cap teams?

It seems they have allowed these two teams to operate all season long with over the cap numbers. Isn't that an unfair advantage, especially in the case of the playoff Colts?

Singers, I believe that they operate the same way as the MLB.. In that if any team goes over the allowed salary cap, they get hit with a luxury tax that is usually a pretty high amount.. Don't quote me on that, but it might be worth looking into to see if those two teams got hit with a luxury tax this past season..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Over the salary cap
    Team

Cap status (over)
    Indianapolis Colts

$5.9 million
    Washington Redskins

$4.9 million

Singers, I believe that they operate the same way as the MLB.. In that if any team goes over the allowed salary cap, they get hit with a luxury tax that is usually a pretty high amount.. Don't quote me on that, but it might be worth looking into to see if those two teams got hit with a luxury tax this past season..
    I have never seen it mentioned anywhere during the year. Even if they get hit with the luxury tax, doesn't the league still mandate them to get under the cap?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Over the salary cap
    Team

Cap status (over)
    Indianapolis Colts

$5.9 million
    Washington Redskins

$4.9 million

I have never seen it mentioned anywhere during the year. Even if they get hit with the luxury tax, doesn't the league still mandate them to get under the cap?
    Usually they don't make a big fuss about teams getting hit with a luxury tax.. So it will probably have to be looked somehow.. Also, the date that they give you is the date you have to be under the salary cap or the team gets hit with a huge luxury tax.. I believe it is basically just a date to make the team realize that the luxury tax is coming..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Over the salary cap
    Team

Cap status (over)
    Indianapolis Colts

$5.9 million
    Washington Redskins

$4.9 million

Usually they don't make a big fuss about teams getting hit with a luxury tax.. So it will probably have to be looked somehow.. Also, the date that they give you is the date you have to be under the salary cap or the team gets hit with a huge luxury tax.. I believe it is basically just a date to make the team realize that the luxury tax is coming..
    In other words, if a team is rich enough that it can afford to pay the luxury tax, the salary cap doesn't mean jack pooh & they could literally try to "buy" a superbowl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast