Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Salary-cap situation

[size=13pt]Salary-cap situation[/size]
    February 20th, 2008 – 1:26 PM by Judd Zulgad

According to the figures, Minnesota is at $101.2 million, leaving $14.8 million.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Salary-cap situation

"cogitans" wrote:

According to the figures, Minnesota is at $101.2 million, leaving $14.8 million.
    Notice how PFT doesn't link to any sources.
    Nor do they make note of any unrealized Likely To Be Earned Incentives, which, I read in an article yesterday, is actually added to the available cap, moving the bar from the current $116 million to something potentially much higher.

I *believe* that Pat Williams has some ridiculous incentives that he did not reach for which the Vikings will get credits.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Nor do they make note of any unrealized Likely To Be Earned Incentives, which, I read in an article yesterday, is actually added to the available cap, moving the bar from the current $116 million to something potentially much higher.

I *believe* that Pat Williams has some ridiculous incentives that he did not reach for which the Vikings will get credits.

=Z=
    What sources are you looking for?
    Nitpicking the actual cap numbers at this point means very little.
    It will fluctuate for every team from now until the "new year" starts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    I hope your right.

Long story short, I think we are fine with respect to what we need to do this year (Player wise). With $15-20 mil (rough estimate) and 6 picks in the draft and I believe Rob Brzezinski (I am gonna spell his name right until OTA's) will get deals done for the guys that Spielman and staff (Studwell/Paton) tag as the replacements needed by the coaching staff.

The problem will be dealing with all the yutz's that don't/can't understand why we don't go out and splurge in a overpriced FA market for the guy said yutz thinks we can't live without.

Draft wise, resign your best players and plug holes with frugal spending in FA market.
    Anyone want to make me a Sig
    with Rick, Rob, Scott and George and that saying in it?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I thought we had more money but I guess not

"Vikings" wrote:
    I thought we had more money but I guess not
    I think the disconnect is that we signed Pat, Kluwe and Herrera to contracts this year that seem to have subtracted from the amount most expected we would have now.

Again, I still say we are sitting pretty good with respect to having enough to do what we need to do.
    Now if you want them to go out and sign a plethora of FA (to include a QB) and give up picks to get some of those FA, then we are in trouble and won't be able to replace the FA we have leaving as well as shore up a couple of holes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Oh marrdro another guy I will wait and see if he gets cut, Darrion Scott. Added to my list of
    Hicks
    M.Johnson
    Sauce
    Troy

I still believe we have potential to free up cap space (not that we would use it anyways). Hicks and Johnson both should be our starters, I wouldn't be surprised if they got paid like it.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    i'm sure even AD, Williamson, and a few others all have some good incentives in there too.. ol' Robby in the from office is a numbers ace...

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I hope your right.
    Of course I'm right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-williamsextension091407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Carrying over money to next season, which can be done regardless of when the extension was signed, is a method teams use to conserve unused salary cap space. In other words, if Williams fails to meet the criteria of what's been deemed a bogus "likely to be earned" incentive in his contract, Minnesota will get an additional $13.2 million in cap space above the scheduled $116 million cap for the 2008 season.
    Sounds like there's another $13.2 coming in the form of a credit.
    You gotta love Bryzasdifsdfski.

The problem now is that there's a loophole in the rule. Because Williams, Wright and the Vikings waited until the season started, the union doesn't have a foundation to discipline Wright. Furthermore, the Vikings are already over the minimum cap for this season, which is 85.2 percent (roughly $93 million) of the $109 million salary cap.
    They are not paying Brzyinsdfksdflndski enough.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I hope your right.
    Of course I'm right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-williamsextension091407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Carrying over money to next season, which can be done regardless of when the extension was signed, is a method teams use to conserve unused salary cap space. In other words, if Williams fails to meet the criteria of what's been deemed a bogus "likely to be earned" incentive in his contract, Minnesota will get an additional $13.2 million in cap space above the scheduled $116 million cap for the 2008 season.
    Sounds like there's another $13.2 coming in the form of a credit.
    You gotta love Bryzasdifsdfski.

The problem now is that there's a loophole in the rule. Because Williams, Wright and the Vikings waited until the season started, the union doesn't have a foundation to discipline Wright. Furthermore, the Vikings are already over the minimum cap for this season, which is 85.2 percent (roughly $93 million) of the $109 million salary cap.
    They are not paying Brzyinsdfksdflndski enough.

=Z=
    Very interesting read Z.

Quick question, does anyone know what the incentives were that Phat Pat didn't achieve?
    He sure had some pretty good stats and did make it to the Pro-bowl.

They better pay Bryz more money.
    If not he will be a GM next year.
    Truth be told, I bet he and Scott are both on GM short lists.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast