Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    aceclown is offline Coach

Saints to Trade No. 2 Pick

profootballtalk.com
    SAINTS TO TRADE NO. 2 PICK

As a follow-up to the report that the Saints have signed quarterback Drew Brees, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Saints will now attempt to trade away the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.

This development contradicts rumblings we'd previously heard regarding the Saints' interest in Brees as a caddy for whomever they select in the two hole. Instead, Brees is the guy. The new Aaron Brooks. The next fleur-de-lis wearing flame-thrower in a long line that features . . . um . . . Bobby Hebert . . . Archie Manning . . . Chris Everett . . . .

The Saints could swap with the Jets, allowing them to get their pick of the rookie quarterbacks. But it's not clear that the Jets would draft a quarterback in round one, given their retention of Chad Pennington and the efforts to acquire Patrick Ramsey.

Other teams that might try to trade up include the Raiders, the Lions, and the Vikings.

I hope there is some way we can get this pick and grab Leinart, that might be our best option right now.

Chuch.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Saints to Trade No. 2 Pick

Package our 1st and our new second. That would work.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Exactly what I'm thinking ppe, but we may have to also throw in a 3rd or 4th.

Chuch.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Usually I hate throwing out fantasy moves for the team to make but this is very very interesting. If we could trade our 1st and 2nd round pick and maybe even a lower pick next year to trade up and get Leinart, it would be perfect. I think he would be great in the west coast offense. He would learn a ton under Brad. And he would be third on the depth chart this year behind a couple veterans so we wouldn't have to rely on him until he is ready. I hope this happens very bad. Brad can hold down the fort until necessary as long as we get all of our other holes filled.

[color=red]

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I don't think our first and one second would do it, it might be both 2nd's or a 1st ,2nd and a third

Thanks PurpleMafia

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    PPE, not enough my brother. It will take more than that to go from #17 up to #2.

#17, and conditional 1st and / or 2nd next year.

sig courtesy of PPE

i hope tehat would work i cant imagine them not wanting more tho, but i guess we will see, i think id rather have cutler, after watching him workout, yeah he didnt have as great of a career but leinhart had studs around and bush, cutler,well cutler had to do his own thing, and all the wrs at the combine were saying how he throws the best bal, and hes mobile, i think if we got moved up to number 2 we could take care of our RB situation real quick, i just raelly dont see bush goin to the texans idk why, and its pry stupid but hes the surest pick and the texans have not said HES OUR MAN, so idk i guess time will tell
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We have 2 2nds?

now that we traded CPEP we do
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Usually I hate throwing out fantasy moves for the team to make but this is very very interesting. If we could trade our 1st and 2nd round pick and maybe even a lower pick next year to trade up and get Leinart, it would be perfect. I think he would be great in the west coast offense. He would learn a ton under Brad. And he would be third on the depth chart this year behind a couple veterans so we wouldn't have to rely on him until he is ready. I hope this happens very bad. Brad can hold down the fort until necessary as long as we get all of our other holes filled.
    Management has to be pondering this right now. How could they trade Pepp without some sort of long term plan? Schaub seems to be a hot name right now, but I think most people would agree that Leinart makes a better long-term solution with a higher ceiling. The front office has to have a plan now, and it better not include Craig Nall.

Chuch.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast