Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Saints to trade Bennett to Dolphins???

FLORIDA SPORTS BUZZ
    Lineup concerns for Heat
    BARRY JACKSON
    [email protected]
    Even at this late stage, lineup and rotation questions linger for the Heat.

Coach Pat Riley seems uncertain how much to play center Alonzo Mourning after his calf injury. And asked if he's convinced that starting forward Antoine Walker is the best approach, Riley conceded Tuesday, 'Depending on the matchups, I'm still kicking that around . . . in my mind.' Riley inserted center Michael Doleac, who played just 31 games this season, ahead of Mourning in the second half Monday because, 'We needed him in some pick-and-roll situations with Dwyane Wade. He's one of our best screeners. I don't want to just put Mike on the bench.'

Mourning seemed drained after seven first-quarter minutes and did not return. Asked about Zo, Riley spoke of needing players to get back quickly on defense after turnovers. He said he could see Zo eventually playing 20 minutes a game (his regular-season average) but offered no promises.

Mourning worked on his game long after practice, then declined to speak. Agent Jeff Wechsler said whether Zo will play next season won't be decided until the offseason. As for a report that the Knicks might pursue him, Wechsler said Zo's 'preference is to stay in Miami.'

Privately, Riley led players to believe he will stick with the same starters tonight but made no assurances beyond. Swingman Richard Jefferson, who exposed Walker, is listed as doubtful for tonight.

With Walker in the game, the Heat was outscored by 26 points in Game 1 -- the worst on the team. Also, Miami's current starting lineup has been outscored by 18 as a group in the playoffs, according to 82games.com. But when forward James Posey replaces Udonis Haslem alongside the other starters, Miami is a plus-23 in the postseason.

• Nets forward Lamond Murray said he cannot remember playing a team this season that allowed so many open shots, calling it a 'shocker.' Guard Vince Carter said Miami misses guard Eddie Jones not only for his 'ability to guard the ball one-on-one' but his help defense, too.

• Though another veteran figures to be added to help replace Ricky Williams, Sammy Morris was told he will be given every chance to win the No. 2 running back job and is emerging as the possible best option. The free agents (including Charlie Garner, Stephen Davis, Lamar Gordon and James Jackson) aren't enticing.

One official in contact with both teams said he expects Saints executive Rick Mueller will call his brother, Dolphins GM Randy Mueller, and shop ex-Vikings running back Michael Bennett.

• As the Marlins wait to see if Reggie Abercrombie or Joe Borchard is the long-term answer at center field, they have become intrigued with Jose Campusano, a converted shortstop who is hitting .349 with 18 steals with Double A Carolina. But general manager Larry Beinfest said Campusano probably won't be ready until 2007.

• If you see UM's first-team running back and fullback, do not offer junk food. Strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey wants RB Tyrone Moss, who ballooned to 245 pounds after knee surgery, back to 225 and gifted but underachieving FB Jerrell Mabry from 285 to 255. 'My two [pet] projects,' Swasey said.

• Sightings: Reggie Bush dining with five models and asking to be introduced to Walker at Prime 112.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

Re: Saints to trade Bennett to Dolphins???

Saints | Team could contact Miami about M. Bennett
    Wed, 10 May 2006 07:34:03 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports one official in contact with both teams said he expects New Orleans Saints executive Rick Mueller will call his brother, Miami Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller, to shop Saints' RB Michael Bennett.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saints | Bennett says he can’t sweat the addition of R. Bush
    Mon, 8 May 2006 11:58:35 -0700

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints RB Michael Bennett can't second-guess the Saints' decision to draft RB Reggie Bush. Bennett also won't let himself regret his choice to sign in New Orleans as a free agent six weeks earlier. "I can't be upset about it," said Bennett, whose career has been hit with some bad breaks and bad timing. "Yeah, I thought I was brought here for a reason, but things happen. I can't be bitter. I have a job. I could see if I was out on the street, but I have a job, and I'm going to make the best of whatever opportunity comes available." With Bush and RB Deuce McAllister on the roster, Bennett figures to be used sparingly as a No. 3 running back. Because of the always-looming threat of injury, the Saints likely will keep all four of their running backs into training camp, including RB Aaron Stecker.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Wow the Saints are loaded with RB's.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Would be a great pickup for Miami imo. Especially if they give very little compensation. With Ricky gone for the year they need someone to share the load with Ronnie Brown and the RB's they have now besides Brown are terrible.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Ya know, if Miami wins the Super Bowl with Bennett and Culpeppr, it will show exactly how poor Tice's coaching really was.

Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

i guess miami wants all the ex vikings who were bad

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Ya know, if Miami wins the Super Bowl with Bennett and Culpeppr, it will show exactly how poor Tice's coaching really was.
    I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but I LOVE your signature, I like how it flips through your favorite teams in each sport.

Whoever created that did a great job. :thumbright:
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Let him go there.. He showed promise at times, but for the most part he was a bust.. I like the guy, but if you can't stay healthy and help your team win, you will be ousted no matter where you play.. If he would have lived up to his hype from the get go, he would still be a Viking, and we wouldn't have had to go after Chester Taylor this offseason.. Wish him well wherever he ends up..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Let him go there.. He showed promise at times, but for the most part he was a bust.. I like the guy, but if you can't stay healthy and help your team win, you will be ousted no matter where you play.. If he would have lived up to his hype from the get go, he would still be a Viking, and we wouldn't have had to go after Chester Taylor this offseason.. Wish him well wherever he ends up..
    Bennett's problem is that he doesn't have vision to find the holes...all the speed in the world can't fix that!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

If pot boy wouldn't keep getting suspended they wouldn't need Bennett.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast