Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Saints set team record for ticket sales

Good for the Saints. Getting rid of Brooks and Haslett was a good thing for the team and the fans have something to look forward to in the wake of Katrina.

===============================================

KFFL
    Saints | Team sets record for ticket sales
    Wed, 17 May 2006 15:38:29 -0700

The Assoicated Press reports the New Orleans Saints have set a franchise record for season-ticket sales. The Saints, who spent last season in San Antonio after Katrina flooded the city and severely damaged the Superdome, have sold 54,969 season tickets, surpassing the previous record of 53,728 set in August 2003. "I want to thank the devoted and loyal fans who have shown tremendous support for the New Orleans Saints," Saints' owner Tom Benson said. "This is a great day for the Saints and the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana. To sell a record number of tickets four months before our first game is unbelievable." The capacity of the repaired Superdome, which is scheduled to reopen Sept. 25 when the Saints play the Atlanta Falcons, will be 65,000, leaving about 10,000 more seats to sell.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Saints set team record for ticket sales

That's good for them! Im glad they are doing that

Hopefully this will help the city rebuild a little more some how

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The capacity of the repaired Superdome, which is scheduled to reopen Sept. 25 when the Saints play the Atlanta Falcons, will be 65,000...

Looks like the repaired Superdome lost quite a few seats. It was listed as 69,703 seats before, expandable to 72,003 for Superbowls. I wonder if this will hurt their chances to host any more Superbowls.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Bush = Excitement..........Reggie that is!

Maybe they lost those seats for a reason. So they don't have to wrry about sell outs and TV viewing??????

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Go Saints...unless you are playing the Vikes that is!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Go Saints...unless you are playing the Vikes that is!!! :lol:
    lol, I'm going to a preseason Saints game in MS against the Colts. Getting together with some 'fantasy' friends and seeing the game. Should be fun, a little pricey for a preseason game. Bush better not be holding out.

The New Orleans Saints will play the Indianapolis Colts in Jackson's Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium (2531 N. State Street) on August 26, 2006 at 6 pm CT.

Tickets for the Saints-Colts game can be purchased by clicking here http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B...4&minorcatid=8 , calling Ticketmaster at (800) 877-0898 or the Saints Jackson Ticket Office at (601) 991-0000 starting Monday, March 27

Pricing for the Saints-Colts game in Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium is as follows:

Field Level Sideline (Chairbacks): $110
    100 Level Sideline: $95
    Field Level End Zone (Chairbacks): $75
    100 Level End Zone: $55
    200 Level Sideline: $45
    200 Level End Zone: $25

MISSISSIPPI VETERANS MEMORIAL STADIUM DIAGRAM

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Good for the them and city, they need something to look forward to after Katrina.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I'd heard sales had been high but dang... even the local media didn't mention anything about this.

I'm extremely surprised at this; the way the whole state follows LSU, it was like nobody had time to care about the Saints, let alone go see them. We had games in Baton Rouge which wouldn't sell out the day after 100,000 people went to a Tiger game...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"I want to thank the devoted and loyal fans who have shown tremendous support for the New Orleans Saints," Saints' owner Tom Benson said. "This is a great day for the Saints and the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana. To sell a record number of tickets four months before our first game is unbelievable

Translation:

Thanks everyone for putting a bunch of money into my pockets. I thought for sure that after last season, I was going to lose my a$$ with being the owner of the Saints.. :grin:

Ok, all joking aside.. I am glad that they can look forward to something great in that city after all they have been through.. Those people in Louisiana have been nothing short of miracles. They were left with nothing, and now with their strength, they can look forward to the future..

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Saints | Experts amazed by ticket sales
    Sat, 20 May 2006 19:57:40 -0700

Jimmy Smith, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports observers of NFL marketing trends and economics expressed amazement that the New Orleans Saints have sold nearly 55,000 season tickets for the 2006 season. The general enmity that existed between fans and the team, the uncertainty of the team's future in New Orleans and the post-Katrina economic conditions were expected to play a negative part in ticket sales. The team implemented 17 different prizing zones in the Superdome, including a $14-per-game season ticket. Executive editor of Team Marketing Report Becky Wallace said, "To have prices drop for an NFL team is simply phenomenal. The Saints' staff and management have done a really good job compared to other NFL teams. I don't think many teams are willing to drop their prices in other areas, even if they're raising the prices in the club levels. And with the stadium improvements, increases in club-level seating might be expected."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast