Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Saints linebacker Fujita hurt after trip to water slide park

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/specials/preview/2007/08/08/bc.fbn.saints.fujita.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl

[size=12pt]Fujita arrives at camp on crutches[/size]
    Saints linebacker hurt after trip to water slide park
    Posted: Wednesday August 8, 2007 5:04PM; Updated: Wednesday August 8, 2007 7:19PM

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) -- Saints starting strongside linebacker Scott Fujita walked into the cafeteria at Millsaps College on crutches Wednesday afternoon following the team's return from a trip to an area water slide park.

Fujita was not available for a formal interview, but as he waited for a plate of food, he said he was going to be fine and that nothing was broken.

He did not describe exactly what happened before making his way to another room with Saints personnel, saying only that he "had a little accident this morning."

Fujita's foot was wrapped, but there was no brace on his leg, only an oversized sandal that fit over the wrapping.

Like last season, coach Sean Payton cut short a morning practice a little over a week into training camp and loaded the team onto buses bound for an area water park called Rapids on the Reservoir in Brandon, Miss.

The trip came after two long, hard practices on Tuesday, the Saints' first day back on the practice field since a 20-7 preseason loss to Pittsburgh in the Hall of Fame game on Sunday night.

Since training camp practices began on July 27, the Saints have labored through eight days of twice-a-day practices, all outdoors.

The team did not plan to make Payton or players available for interviews until after a practice slated for Wednesday afternoon.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    I wonder what his contract says about that?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Re: Saints linebacker Fujita hurt after trip to water slide park

Hopefully not much since his coach took him to the waterpark with the rest of the team. That is how I read it anyways.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

This is how I've always been injured: never actually on the field during any sporting game, but always doing something retarded. I feel for the poor bastard, and you can bet his team is laying it on him something fierce right about now.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Well, there's another thing they need to put in player's contracts that they can't do anymore.