Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Saints get Vilma

    NEW ORLEANS (TICKER) —The New Orleans Saints have acquired New York Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma, according to a report on FOXSports.com early Friday morning.

    The web site reported that the Jets will receive a conditional draft pick from New Orleans based on Vilma’s playing time.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AndHcDej5yUO2kIuCDORiEBDubYF?slug=txsain tsvilma&prov=st&type=lgns

  2. #2
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    "Schutz" wrote:
    NEW ORLEANS (TICKER) —The New Orleans Saints have acquired New York Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma, according to a report on FOXSports.com early Friday morning.

    The web site reported that the Jets will receive a conditional draft pick from New Orleans based on Vilma’s playing time.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AndHcDej5yUO2kIuCDORiEBDubYF?slug=txsain tsvilma&prov=st&type=lgns
    well they have been looking for linebackers since jim mora sr was their coach so maybe they finally got one
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  3. #3
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    Hope the Jets get a decent pick or what a waste.
    Vilma is a good linebacker but just didn't fit into a sceme that was brought in after he was drafted and played for the Jets.

  4. #4
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    This is great news for Vilma, but bad news for us since we are in the same conference and also happen to play the Saints this year.
    He is a good player and I doubt his injury is going to be hampering too much.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  5. #5
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    i would of a gave a 3rd rounder for him

  6. #6
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    i would of a gave a 3rd rounder for him
    I would have given a second rounder for him.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    Good luck to Vilma.
    I liked him coming out.

    Funny how a teams scheme and a players talent don't always mesh.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    I'd say the saints will have to give up a 2nd for him(guessing). He's a pretty good LB
    should be a starter
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  9. #9
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    This is great news for Vilma, but bad news for us since we are in the same conference and also happen to play the Saints this year.
    He is a good player and I doubt his injury is going to be hampering too much.
    We also play Urlacher twice, but AD + CT just made him look silly last year

  10. #10
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Saints get Vilma

    Steal here

Similar Threads

  1. My Trade Thoughts (Vilma, Walker)
    By ajoyce in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
  2. Jets may be shopping Vilma?
    By tarkenton10 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
  3. If only the rumor about Johnathan Vilma being available were true!
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 02:26 AM
  4. Vilma
    By parsongeorge in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 02:06 PM
  5. Tice on Vilma
    By LAVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 08:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •