Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Saints Bounty Suspensions Overturned

An appeals panel has overturned the suspensions handed down to four New Orleans Saints players following an alleged bounty program on the field,
    Saints Bounty Suspensions Reportedly Overturned Following Appeal Hearing | Bleacher Report

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    This enrages me. I bet this isn't over just yet.
    We're bringing purple back.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Complete BS. The Saints were dirty, the players know it, the coaches know it, the fans know it.

They should vacate their Superbowl win...that'd teach the goat fuckers.

Caine

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    "it makes you feel like justice was served" - Drew Brees

What a crock of shit. Everyone outside of New Orleans is calling BS today. Everyone knew something funny was going on in those 2 playoff games and somehow they managed to find the only 3 morons in the country who couldn't see the evidence? Gregg Williams and some players involved all admitted to the program FFS. Did they pick these 3 panelists out from the Casey Anthony jury by chance, or are they all from New Orleans? Good grief, and I thought the refs in that NFCCG game were blind.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

A technicality lets these dirty fucks off the hooks. Sounds like the Legal System in general. Not sure how this whole situation could be much worse.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    It wasn't so much about whether or not they were guilty, it was because Goodell didn't allow the players "due process" and didn't provide them with any evidence that he had to prove his case.

Goodell has always been a power monger & is judge, jury & executioner without anything keeping that power in check. Even on appeals, he's the one who rules on his own judgements.

In Spygate, he destroyed all the evidence after his ruling never once providing proof that his punishment was ever justified or that in fact it may have been way lenient because of his affiliation with the Kraft family.

This certainly wasn't the case when I wanted to see his power over ruled, but hopefully there will be a change made to his power.

Too many times players, including our own like JA, have been nailed with hefty fines with hits that weren't flagrant or deserved, with absolutely no way of them being reviewed by a committee to have them overturned other than solely thru Goodell. JA has been fined even on plays that were never flagged.

A defensive player gets knocked off his feet & as he's falling backwards, his outstretched hand barely grazes the helmet of Manning & the defender is nailed with a hefty fine. Makes me wonder if Goodell ever looks at any of the plays he's imposing fines for.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Goodell has always been a power monger & is judge, jury & executioner without anything keeping that power in check. Even on appeals, he's the one who rules on his own judgements.

Too many times players, including our own like JA, have been nailed with hefty fines with hits that weren't flagrant or deserved, with absolutely no way of them being reviewed by a committee to have them overturned other than solely thru Goodell. JA has been fined even on plays that were never flagged.

A defensive player gets knocked off his feet & as he's falling backwards, his outstretched hand barely grazes the helmet of Manning & the defender is nailed with a hefty fine. Makes me wonder if Goodell ever looks at any of the plays he's imposing fines for.
    You might want to read up on what Art Schell and Ted Cottrell do with the league and the NFLPA regarding on the field fine appeals.

As for spygate and the bounty Goodell's ruling went under off the field activity and he does have all the power as given to him by the owners whom hired him and the NFLPA that signed off on the last CBA, which the PA now are seeing might have been a big oversight on their part.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I understand why the appeals allowed the suspensions to be overturned, but players acting like they did not do anything wrong is nonsense.

As far as the NFCC goes. The officials let the Saints do what they did. Flagrant hits on Favre after the whistle were not called: no roughing ... no unsportsmanlike conduct. Favre gets hit high and low with no flag; that non-call alone likely changed the outcome of the game. A flag negates the pick, and it extends that drive.

Terry Bradshaw went all self-righteous and demanded proof of any wrongdoing on the part of the Saints. Suprised me a bit. I thought he sounded like a complete tool-bag. But then again, when doesn't he? In any case, It's cool watching RG III dominate the Saints. Guy is something special.
    Tuco the world.....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Fuck the Saints. RG3 shut those bitches up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast