Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The Saints are beatable at home!

Last night's game was good news for the Vikings. The Saints are not only beatable, but they are beatable at home.

I think the idea of a Vikings Super Bowl just became a LOT more realistic.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Re:The Saints are beatable at home!

It also plants the seed of doubt on the saints. Going from being unbeatable to be, that is, very beatable.

What more it opens up for the Vikings playing for the homefield advantage. If the Vikings win out and the saints loose one more, the Vikings will get the nr1 seed in the NFC to the fact that we have only lost one game in the conference to their two.

faninphx is offline Starter

I was so happy that the the Saints lost last night. Even though that meant rooting for the 'Boys (ugh). I don't think they deserved to go undefeated, they certainly deserved to lose against the Skins. If they lose one more game and we go undefeated wouldn't we get the tie-breaker?

BTW, can you believe the kicker for the Cowboys? Hitting the upright on a chipshot? Unbelievable!

Texas Viking is offline Starter

I had the same feeling about routing for the Ďboys. Sure hate to do that, but sometimes itís just necessary. The Saints have played a great season, but they are not so dominate that they deserved to go undefeated. I donít think the Colts deserve it either, but it looks as if they might. Hopefully the Saints will lose again next week and we can try for home field advantage.

I canít believe Jerry Jones hasnít got himself a new kicker yet. Thatís going to be quite a liability if the Ďboys get into the playoffs and they canít depend on 3 when needed.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

faninphx wrote:
    I was so happy that the the Saints lost last night. Even though that meant rooting for the 'Boys (ugh). I don't think they deserved to go undefeated, they certainly deserved to lose against the Skins. If they lose one more game and we go undefeated wouldn't we get the tie-breaker?

BTW, can you believe the kicker for the Cowboys? Hitting the upright on a chipshot? Unbelievable!
    Folk is in a funk! He has been a great kicker the last few years. He will get out of it, maybe not this year though....

The Saints should have lost to the Skins but the Skins gave them so many chances like the Cowboys kicker tried to do in this game. Seriously, the Saints have been lucky this season. Other teams just don't close them out.

Glad to see them lose one. Never thought they were unbeatable at home or on the road. It is all about the matchups and putting the presure on them.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

All it take is a perfect game plan executed to perfection to beat them in their dome. No mistakes and you can beat them.

Also, pressure on the quarterback was the key for the cowboys last night. they were getting after Brees with the front four.
    We're bringing purple back.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I've watched a few of the Saints' recent games, and it's given me a lot of optimism that we have several matchup advantages against them.

Their left tackle, Bushrod, cannot block speed rushers, and we happen to have one of the best in the business in Jerad Allen.

They like to run a lot of screens to the right side. When Winfield is healthy, that gets shut down, all day.

Their defense is like that of the Chicago Bears in their recent "good" years. They get turnovers, and points off turnovers, but they give up yards and points in bunches. You can't get through a whole season and win a superbowl playing on what really amounts to a lot of luck. I'm confident, we can keep the ball out of their hands, with Favre running short to mid range passes, and Chester and AP running all over them.

I've seen Brees, when getting pressured, running and making poor throws. I'm confident, our front line can get to him, make him run, and force him into some bad decisions.

Also, after watching last night, if the Cowboys can control the game against them like they did, and prove that they can be beaten at home, it's quite possible, Dallas gets them again in the playoffs. Even if they don't, they've opened the door for a lot of teams, Arizona, Philly, Green Bay, etc. Whatever wild card team goes there in the divisional round may even be able to beat them. What's even better, is that now, provided our boys take care of business, there's still an outside chance we can get home field advantage.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Anything is possible. Lets hope Tampa can play like they did against the Pack or Carolina can beat them in their house during the last week.

Jilly is offline Coach

haha...last night's game was awesome. It felt so wrong cheering on Romo and the Cowboys for 4 hours but they got it done!! Now I can continue my hatred for the Cowboys and hope for another Saints loss. Go Tampa, and Carolina on Jan 3rd.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

I'd say the part that makes me most hopeful is that both of their next two games are in division, and no matter the records going in and those are never an easy win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast