Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Rushing records to beat!

"Mr" wrote:
    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    If Favre is used right, his job will be to just open up the running game, by making D's pay for stacking the LOS.
    NOT to win games with a old arm, by passing 30+ times a game.
    Thus, the Vikes run game should get even better.

People are looking for AD to beat Eric Dickerson's 2,105yd single season record
    Can he beat LT's 31 rushing TD's set in 2006?

But what about team records:
    Total season rushing yards - 3,165

NE 1978 (first 16 game season)
    Single game rushing yards - 426,
    but this was in 1934, couldn't find a modern day one
    Most TDs season - 36

GB 1962

but in modern era 32 TDs, by KC in 2003 and SD in 2006

Are these doable?
    Single game total is held by Adrian Peterson right now at 296 yards.
    He was talking about single game team records.
    Thanks, didn't catch that.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I'd be very suprised if any of those records were broken. One player is not going to take us from an average offense to one of the best offenses of all time. Many teams in the past and present have had great running games and good QB play. I appreciate your enthusiasm but this kind of fantasy is just not realistic.
    I'm not saying any are obtainable, but I do think the presence of a QB that D's have to respect more than they did Gus and TJ, should back of the D.

What I like most about Favre is his play fake ability and his quick slants to the slot WR or TE's.
    Thus the safety can't crowd the LOS and the LB will worry about Shank more.

If the OL doesn't have to account for a safety they will give AD/CT a clean hole.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    I'm going to re-due these records because some of them aren't right in the original post.

Single Season Yards:
    Eric Dickerson
    2,105 yards

Single Season TD's:
    LaDainian Tomlinson
    28 TD's

Single Game Yards:
    Adrian Peterson
    296 yards

Team Single Season Yards:
    New England (1978)
    3,165 yards

Team Single Season TD's:
    Green Bay (1962)
    36 TD's

Team Single Season Ave. Gain:
    Cleveland (1963)
    5.74 yards/carry
    I didn't post Single game yards because I knew that was AD's, and I didn't post team single season average

But you are correct on the individual rushing TD of 28, I grabbed total individual TD instead.
    LT had 3 receiving TD's.
    But that was my only mistake.

So please don't make is sound like I screwed them all up.

[size=12pt]
    [/size]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"gagarr" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I'd be very suprised if any of those records were broken. One player is not going to take us from an average offense to one of the best offenses of all time. Many teams in the past and present have had great running games and good QB play. I appreciate your enthusiasm but this kind of fantasy is just not realistic.
    I'm not saying any are obtainable, but I do think the presence of a QB that D's have to respect more than they did Gus and TJ, should back of the D.

What I like most about Favre is his play fake ability and his quick slants to the slot WR or TE's.

If the OL doesn't have to account for a safety they will give AD/CT a clean hole.
    It's still 11 on 11. Some of AD's best runs came because the line was stacked. That's his strength, hitting the whole. Now there will be a safety in the back field doing what safeties do.
    I think this will be the best offense we have seen in years I just don't think it's going to be all that and a bag of chips.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

It's still 11 on 11. Some of AD's best runs came because the line was stacked. That's his strength, hitting the whole. Now there will be a safety in the back field doing what safeties do.
    I think this will be the best offense we have seen in years I just don't think it's going to be all that and a bag of chips.
    You're right the safety will be in the backfield... what 10 yds back or farther?
    Where he may be alone taking on AD at full speed

Rather than in a hole? Where the safety has close LB and DL's help and AD hasn't got going yet.

I agree AD has had some great runs with stacked lines, it's part of the risk D's take by dropping the safety. If AD gets free he's going to have a big one.
    But the D, rather have a safety filling a hole so AD doesn't get going, instead.

Similar risk when blitzing a LB or safety, if the QB can recognize it, the reception could be a long one.

I didn't say the Vikes would beat any of the records, I just put it out for comments.
    And I agree I think the offense will finally show some flair and won't be playing "not to lose" anymore.

[size=12pt]
    [/size]

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    If Favre is used right, his job will be to just open up the running game, by making D's pay for stacking the LOS.

Most TDs season - 36

GB 1962

Are these doable?
    I believe that record is very obtainable. No matter how you feel about Favre, his presence in the backfield, especially in the red-zone, would seem to present alot more scoring opportunities for AD, and even CT. I worry about CT's carries though. Going way down?
    Favre made grant look like Peterson last year . . . i drool thinking what Favre could open up for Peterson

"erik5032" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

Most TDs season - 36

GB 1962

Are these doable?
    I believe that record is very obtainable. No matter how you feel about Favre, his presence in the backfield, especially in the red-zone, would seem to present alot more scoring opportunities for AD, and even CT. I worry about CT's carries though. Going way down?
    Favre made grant look like Peterson last year . . . i drool thinking what Favre could open up for Peterson
    Correction:
    Favre made Thomas Jones look better last year
    Made Grant look good the year before.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"gagarr" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

Most TDs season - 36

GB 1962

Are these doable?
    Correction:
    what i meant thanks though.

"gagarr" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

Most TDs season - 36

GB 1962

Are these doable?
    Correction:
    Well, yes. He did make Thomas Jones look better with a good passing game. It's an obvious conclusion. Any good QB will make his RB better. Works the same way around. Grant came in during Favre's break down time, though. I think that he carried us into the play-offs with Favre riding on his back. Just look at that NFCC game. Grant carried us. Favre deserves credit, but you get my point. It's going to be pretty scary, though, seeing them play together. A little Brett Favre - Ahman Green like, maybe.

Anyway, as to the records. 2105. I don't know, I'll have to see that first. It's a possibility for sure, but I'm predicting a 1900 yard season. If Chilly used Favre as a game manager more than a featured weapon, that is.

Single Season TDs. Not with CT.

And I don't think that any of the team records will be broken. There's so much more parity in the league right now. You can have a dominating player, but you usually don't have a team dominant enough to break records like that anymore. Or you'll have to be the Patriots with passing records.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12