NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rule Change - Video board messages to pump up fans

League green lights return of video noise messages

Once upon a time, NFL home teams could actually be penalized if the noise in the stadium was so loud that it legitimately disrupted the visitors' offense. Though that stupid rule has long since been abandoned, the league has maintained for 21 years a ban on using video messages to encourage fans to get loud.

The goal? To make the experience more enjoyable for fans who have increasingly improving home technology where they can watch multiple games with their friends...
    Good rule change. Noise gives the home team more of an advantage, and if done correctly, this could add to that advantage. I like it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Rule Change - Video board messages to pump up fans

I'm all for this as long as the actual "Board" doesn't make noise.

Home field advantage and fan noise are one thing, artificially adding noise cause your fans are shit and sit on thier hands is another.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Works for me, can never understand people making the effort to go to a game and then sit on their duffs for the entire game. Only way to enjoy the game is to get into it - my wife always complains that she 'loses' me whilst the game is on

Thats why you want your team to have homefield advantage, so stand up and get involved people :woohoo:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Voodoo Man is offline Rookie

From how I read it the board can not make nosie. It is only to get the crowd cheering/chanting at the same time.
    None

Voodoo Man wrote:
    From how I read it the board can not make nosie. It is only to get the crowd cheering/chanting at the same time.
    At the risk of getting "Green Dotted" again, so they are gonna do away with the Cheerleaders then?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Voodoo Man wrote:
    At the risk of getting "Green Dotted" again, so they are gonna do away with the Cheerleaders then?
    Cheerleaders can just dance for our entertainment. People will still cheer and make noise for that.
    We're bringing purple back.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Voodoo Man wrote:
    I don't know you anymore...

Anyway, it isn't like this is some new thing. I think the NFL is the only sport that has rules against crowd noise anyway. Go to any college football game, and they are actively working the crowd all game long over the board (if they have one) as well as cheerleaders, mascots, etc.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Voodoo Man wrote:

Anyway, it isn't like this is some new thing. I think the NFL is the only sport that has rules against crowd noise anyway. Go to any college football game, and they are actively working the crowd all game long over the board (if they have one) as well as cheerleaders, mascots, etc.
    I was actually unaware that the NFL banned the usage of bigscreens/banners promoting the crowd to get louder.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

NodakPaul wrote:
    Another Marrdro does seem to be emerging.

BM, thats Barney Noodle, not Bowel Movement, seems to be having a interesting affect on me. :P