Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    [size=13pt]Rosenthal Going to Dolphins[/size]

    By Tim Yotter

    Posted Apr 13, 2007

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    The Dolphins must have a thing for unhealthy Vikings.

  3. #3
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    I told you we are winning the superbowl this year!



    The power of positive thought made this happen!!!
    If you will it to happen it will happen if you put postive energy out into the universe.


    j/k

    No, I am not one of you faith healing freaks, so, no emailing me a copy of "The Secret".
    Thank you.

    Tom Powers < Hetero

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The Dolphins must have a thing for unhealthy Vikings.
    Rosenthal was a big part of the success we eventually did have on the line when he was in there.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The Dolphins must have a thing for unhealthy Vikings.
    Rosenthal was a big part of the success we eventually did have on the line when he was in there.
    Yes, when he was healthy he was fine.

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The Dolphins must have a thing for unhealthy Vikings.
    Rosenthal was a big part of the success we eventually did have on the line when he was in there.

    Yes, when he was healthy he was fine.
    I believe he was healthy all of last year. He didn't get his chance to play until Childress decided to change the line-up & put Rosie & Whittle in there.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The Dolphins must have a thing for unhealthy Vikings.
    Rosenthal was a big part of the success we eventually did have on the line when he was in there.

    Yes, when he was healthy he was fine.
    I believe he was healthy all of last year. He didn't get his chance to play until Childress decided to change the line-up & put Rosie & Cook in there.
    You would be right.


    I guess with him not in there and previous penalty problems I sorta forgot about him. [img width=200 height=197]http://www.abovethelaw.com/images/entries/foot%20in%20mouth.gif[/img]


  8. #8
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    Mike Rosenthal is the not only NOT "a big part of the success we eventually did have on the line when he was in there."
    He was the most inconsistent player I have ever seen start for a number of years in my entire life.
    If I had a dollar for ever time he completely missed his man and watch Pep or whatever running back we had in there get hit I would be rich.

    If you are referring to the article you read about how he and Jason Whittle saved the day spare me.
    Instead I watched the game.
    Whittle played well, Rosie was along for the ride.
    From what is said he is a great guy and I think that is part of the problem and why people sign him as he has NO ability to play the position. He was signed for dang near the league min for 1 year.
    In a year when Bethel gets 15 mil... Spare me.

    Even last year when thank goodness he was limited in his playing time I saw him completely wif 5 times.
    He is one of the few people with no talent what so ever that I will call a "Game Changer".
    What is amazing about him is he somehow gets on the field being bad enough to drop the level of his team.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    "laujesse" wrote:
    Mike Rosenthal is the not only NOT "a big part of the success we eventually did have on the line when he was in there."
    He was the most inconsistent player I have ever seen start for a number of years in my entire life.
    If I had a dollar for ever time he completely missed his man and watch Pep or whatever running back we had in there get hit I would be rich.

    If you are referring to the article you read about how he and Jason Whittle saved the day spare me.
    Instead I watched the game.
    Whittle played well, Rosie was along for the ride.
    From what is said he is a great guy and I think that is part of the problem and why people sign him as he has NO ability to play the position. He was signed for dang near the league min for 1 year.
    In a year when Bethel gets 15 mil... Spare me.

    Even last year when thank goodness he was limited in his playing time I saw him completely wif 5 times.
    He is one of the few people with no talent what so ever that I will call a "Game Changer".
    What is amazing about him is he somehow gets on the field being bad enough to drop the level of his team.
    I'll agree with you that Rosenthal was inconsistant & I'll add that he was also highly penalized, but I disagree with you that Whittle was the only one on the right side of the line getting his job done. During that spell last year, it was the best I've seen Rosie play as a viking since his injury.

    To say that he went along for the ride while Whittle did all the work is bullshit & I believe your comments are fueled by your hatred for the man. Are you trying to lead us to believe Whittle was blocking both men while Rosenthal did nothing?

    I watch the games also, as do many fans here do. You are not the only one watching them. Our line played better & jelled with those two replacing Hicks & Johnson. Even Matt Birk took notice & praised Rosie for his play;

    Center Matt Birk said Rosenthal deserves his share of the credit.

    "Mike is a great player," he said. "He's done a great job filling in. He's a student of the game. He's not confused. He's not tentative."
    If it comes down to me taking your word for Rosies play last year or Birks, I'll take Birks everytime.

    As for the 5 so-called wifs you claim Rosie made last year, how many times did defenders completely get around McKinnie last year untouched? How many times did McKinnie allow his defender to get around him & make big plays? How much are we paying McKinnie again?



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #10
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: Rosenthal signs with the Dolphins

    I am kinda like Lavar Burton I don't demand that you take my word for it.
    I make no secret of the fact that I think as long as there are not enough players on our roster bump him off of it we will suck as the Dolphins do.

    Matt Birk who was speaking as a teammate and most likely a friend is probobly going to be a bit biased and speaking of one particular game.
    If you want to believe that we are worse for wear now that he is gone that is your business.


    Also I don't recall where I held up Mount McKinnie as a becon of perfection either. On his worst day he is still better than Rosenthal on his best though.
    I did knotice he refuses to block for Brooks Bollinger take that for whatever you believe it to be worth.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rosenthal out
    By DarrinNelsonguy in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 03:59 PM
  2. Rosenthal
    By ItalianStallion in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 11:44 PM
  3. Wiggins and Rosenthal out also
    By dart18 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 05:14 PM
  4. Rosenthal signs six year extention!
    By BigEasyViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 01:27 PM
  5. Rosenthal signed....
    By prplblood in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 12:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •