Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    Maroney will get a couple of votes. Lienhart would of before he got hurt as well, same for
    Gradkowski and Cutler, who could of been a serious contender had he played the majority of the year.

  2. #22
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    I'd hardly say Reggie Bush is the one-and-only reason that the Saints are doing well. People forget they overhauled that entire roster to the tune of something like 26 or 27 new players were brought in along with Malcolm In The Middle..

    I'd say MoJo Drew, for offense.. and DeMarco Ryans for defense.

  3. #23
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    Vince Young will win this award. It's a popularity contest and winning QB's are always very popular no matter how terrible their stats may look.

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    I personally think Bush deserves it, but my guess is it will go to Young.
    After last year's rose bowl, I bet Bush is really starting to hate Vince Young... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:


    1. Young (easy.....no runnin game + no receivers + Young = on brink of playoffs)
    2. Jones-Drew
    3. Bush
    4. Maroney
    5. McNeil
    6. Colston
    NO running game?

    Tennessee is FIFTH in the NFL in rushing:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

    And Travis Henry is TWELFTH in the NFL in rushing himself:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

    AND Vince Young has a LOWER QB rating than OUR starter for most of the season:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2006/regular

    So, he's won a COUPLE of games with a big run (ala how he won the Rose Bowl)...that does NOT make him a superstar in my book (just a poor man's Michael Vick so far).

    C'mon, TJ..do SOME research!
    If you subtract Vince Youngs 523 rushing yards the Titans are 23rd in the NFL in rushing, with a total of 1,554. He's a big reason why they are the 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. He's also ran for 6 TD's this year which is more than we can say for Chester Taylor.

    He has 12 TD's and 11 picks this year which is good for any rookie. The recievers he has to work with there are subpar. You look at another rookie QB in Matt Leinart who has Boldin and Fitzgerald as weapons and thier numbers are very similar. He's putting up similar stats and has less to work with. The team is winning and Young is a big reason as to why.

  6. #26
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:


    1. Young (easy.....no runnin game + no receivers + Young = on brink of playoffs)
    2. Jones-Drew
    3. Bush
    4. Maroney
    5. McNeil
    6. Colston
    NO running game?

    Tennessee is FIFTH in the NFL in rushing:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

    And Travis Henry is TWELFTH in the NFL in rushing himself:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

    AND Vince Young has a LOWER QB rating than OUR starter for most of the season:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2006/regular

    So, he's won a COUPLE of games with a big run (ala how he won the Rose Bowl)...that does NOT make him a superstar in my book (just a poor man's Michael Vick so far).

    C'mon, TJ..do SOME research!
    If you subtract Vince Youngs 523 rushing yards the Titans are 23rd in the NFL in rushing, with a total of 1,554. He's a big reason why they are the 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. He's also ran for 6 TD's this year which is more than we can say for Chester Taylor.

    He has 12 TD's and 11 picks this year which is good for any rookie. The recievers he has to work with there are subpar. You look at another rookie QB in Matt Leinart who has Boldin and Fitzgerald as weapons and thier numbers are very similar. He's putting up similar stats and has less to work with. The team is winning and Young is a big reason as to why.
    Travis Henry has almost 1200 yards rushing...and he is the BIGGEST reason why the Titans are 5th in rushing.
    I am not saying that Vince Young is not talented...just not worthy of ROY...Maurice Jones-Drew is much more worthy.

    Please explain away the pathetic QB rating of Vince Young's for me.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #27
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:


    1. Young (easy.....no runnin game + no receivers + Young = on brink of playoffs)
    2. Jones-Drew
    3. Bush
    4. Maroney
    5. McNeil
    6. Colston
    NO running game?

    Tennessee is FIFTH in the NFL in rushing:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

    And Travis Henry is TWELFTH in the NFL in rushing himself:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

    AND Vince Young has a LOWER QB rating than OUR starter for most of the season:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2006/regular

    So, he's won a COUPLE of games with a big run (ala how he won the Rose Bowl)...that does NOT make him a superstar in my book (just a poor man's Michael Vick so far).

    C'mon, TJ..do SOME research!
    If you subtract Vince Youngs 523 rushing yards the Titans are 23rd in the NFL in rushing, with a total of 1,554. He's a big reason why they are the 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. He's also ran for 6 TD's this year which is more than we can say for Chester Taylor.

    He has 12 TD's and 11 picks this year which is good for any rookie. The recievers he has to work with there are subpar. You look at another rookie QB in Matt Leinart who has Boldin and Fitzgerald as weapons and thier numbers are very similar. He's putting up similar stats and has less to work with. The team is winning and Young is a big reason as to why.
    Leinart has a BETTER QB ranking even after having to work with the THIRD WORST rushing offense in the league.
    Leinart is every bit as deserving as Young if you are gonna weight the ROY to favor QBs.
    BUT Jones Drew is having a way better season than EITHER of them!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #28
    tjohnson's Avatar
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    552

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:


    1. Young (easy.....no runnin game + no receivers + Young = on brink of playoffs)
    2. Jones-Drew
    3. Bush
    4. Maroney
    5. McNeil
    6. Colston
    NO running game?

    Tennessee is FIFTH in the NFL in rushing:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

    And Travis Henry is TWELFTH in the NFL in rushing himself:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

    AND Vince Young has a LOWER QB rating than OUR starter for most of the season:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2006/regular

    So, he's won a COUPLE of games with a big run (ala how he won the Rose Bowl)...that does NOT make him a superstar in my book (just a poor man's Michael Vick so far).

    C'mon, TJ..do SOME research!
    If you subtract Vince Youngs 523 rushing yards the Titans are 23rd in the NFL in rushing, with a total of 1,554. He's a big reason why they are the 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. He's also ran for 6 TD's this year which is more than we can say for Chester Taylor.

    He has 12 TD's and 11 picks this year which is good for any rookie. The recievers he has to work with there are subpar. You look at another rookie QB in Matt Leinart who has Boldin and Fitzgerald as weapons and thier numbers are very similar. He's putting up similar stats and has less to work with. The team is winning and Young is a big reason as to why.
    Leinart has a BETTER QB ranking even after having to work with the THIRD WORST rushing offense in the league.
    Leinart is every bit as deserving as Young if you are gonna weight the ROY to favor QBs.
    BUT Jones Drew is having a way better season than EITHER of them!
    if a QB, as a rookie, can lead the league's 3rd worse team from the year before onto the verge of making the playoffs, then he deserves to win the award hands down.

    thank you jeremy for making my point for me, maybe cajun didn't realize that a QB's rushing yards factor into a team's total rushing yards for the season.

    as for stats, who would you rather have on your team:

    QB A: team record 8-7 12 TDs 11 INTs
    QB B: team record 5-10 11 TDs 12 INTs

    call me insane, but I'll take the guy with the significantly better record and more TDs than inteceptions

    as for "QB RATING", which is apparently the be-all-end-all stat when determining a QB's value, ask Peyton if he'd trade any of his high ratings for any of Brady's Super Bowls

    and as for the "research" i didn't do, cajun, certainly you didn't base your whole argument on the fact that that leinart is better b/c his rating is whole 5 pts higher than youngs? regardless of the records, regardless of the fact that leinart has a perennial pro bowl running back behind him, regardless of the fact that leinart has two all-pro level receivers and young has none, young still has better stats............


    How do ya like them apples?!

  9. #29
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    Mario Williams!

    He is a very good football player!

    : Stupid Texans...
    :
    -Sno

  10. #30
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Rookie Of The Year

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:


    1. Young (easy.....no runnin game + no receivers + Young = on brink of playoffs)
    2. Jones-Drew
    3. Bush
    4. Maroney
    5. McNeil
    6. Colston
    NO running game?

    Tennessee is FIFTH in the NFL in rushing:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

    And Travis Henry is TWELFTH in the NFL in rushing himself:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

    AND Vince Young has a LOWER QB rating than OUR starter for most of the season:

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2006/regular

    So, he's won a COUPLE of games with a big run (ala how he won the Rose Bowl)...that does NOT make him a superstar in my book (just a poor man's Michael Vick so far).

    C'mon, TJ..do SOME research!
    If you subtract Vince Youngs 523 rushing yards the Titans are 23rd in the NFL in rushing, with a total of 1,554. He's a big reason why they are the 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. He's also ran for 6 TD's this year which is more than we can say for Chester Taylor.

    He has 12 TD's and 11 picks this year which is good for any rookie. The recievers he has to work with there are subpar. You look at another rookie QB in Matt Leinart who has Boldin and Fitzgerald as weapons and thier numbers are very similar. He's putting up similar stats and has less to work with. The team is winning and Young is a big reason as to why.
    Travis Henry has almost 1200 yards rushing...and he is the BIGGEST reason why the Titans are 5th in rushing.
    I am not saying that Vince Young is not talented...just not worthy of ROY...Maurice Jones-Drew is much more worthy.

    Please explain away the pathetic QB rating of Vince Young's for me.
    1,109 yards for a RB is not a huge deal. Since Henry is 12th in the leage in rushing over a third of starting NFL backs have done that this year. Over 500 yards for a QB is a big deal it does not happen very often and few quarterbacks are talented enough to do it. He's 8-4 as a starter which means little to me, but other people seem to key on win-loss records with quarterbacks.

    I saw a poll on ESPN.com and over 60% voted for Young as offensive rookie of the year. Drew was 2nd. QB's are more valuabe to their team than RB's are. Especially RB's that didn't start for most of the season. Drew plays second fiddle to Fred Taylor. He's not even the starter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AD vs Moss. Who has the better rookie year?
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 01:04 AM
  2. NFL '06 Rookie of the year
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 06:57 PM
  3. POLL:::Who will be NFL rookie of the year?
    By slinkey in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 11:25 PM
  4. AP Defensive rookie of the year
    By magicci in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 08:15 PM
  5. NFC rookie of the year
    By Viking_Spirit in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 11:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •