Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Ron Turner's "West Coast" Offense

I thought that since I mostly have done defenses I'd throw this one to ya'll.

And....

The offense that the Bears use is a derivative of the old style Walsh offense, the "West Coast". The West Coast is an offense that instead of the old style of "running will open passing lanes," utilizing a short and intermediate passing game to open up running lanes.

The old style used runs to open up vertical passing lanes whereas the West Coast uses horizontal passes to open up vertical running lanes.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/200...west-coast-off

Really liked the last sentence in the FB description.......Kindof tracks with some of our discussions of late....

Fullback:

This is what irks me most in Turner’s offense. In the old West Coast, the fullback was an agile receiver out of the back field. In Turner's offense he must not only be an agile receiver, but also a bruising blocker and a short yardage back. This conglomeration of player is not only hypothetical but absolutely does not exist.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Ron Turner's "West Coast" Offense

"Marrdro" wrote:

I thought that since I mostly have done defenses I'd throw this one to ya'll.

And....

The offense that the Bears use is a derivative of the old style Walsh offense, the "West Coast". The West Coast is an offense that instead of the old style of "running will open passing lanes," utilizing a short and intermediate passing game to open up running lanes.

The old style used runs to open up vertical passing lanes whereas the West Coast uses horizontal passes to open up vertical running lanes.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/200...west-coast-off

Really liked the last sentence in the FB description.......Kindof tracks with some of our discussions of late....

Fullback:

This is what irks me most in Turner’s offense. In the old West Coast, the fullback was an agile receiver out of the back field. In Turner's offense he must not only be an agile receiver, but also a bruising blocker and a short yardage back. This conglomeration of player is not only hypothetical but absolutely does not exist.
    Tony Richardson was that exact player. Emphasis on was. Great blocker but he could also catch the ball, and pick up short yardage.