Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ron Rivera

  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Ron Rivera

    for someone that has gotten alot of hype about being a top canidate as ahead coach, he keeps getting passed over by everyone.
    What is the deal? Is he as good as people say he is?

  2. #2
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Ron Rivera

    With that loss in the SuperBowl i'm sure alot of owners second guessed him.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  3. #3
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Ron Rivera

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    With that loss in the SuperBowl i'm sure alot of owners second guessed him.

    Its not solely on Ron Rivera's shoulders in that SB loss.. The defense played ok, surely not up to their level, but it was mostly Rex Grossman that ruined that game for them.. I wouldn't say that he is getting passed over for other coaches..

    If you look at it, the other teams with the exception of the Cowboys filled their jobs before the Bears even played the SB.. Right now it is said that the Cowboys are going with Wade Phillips who at one time was a HC in the NFL.. I think the experience won over in that decision.. I can see Rivera going to Dallas as the DC now though..

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ron Rivera

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I can see Rivera going to Dallas as the DC now though..
    Nope, still a lateral move.
    Generally a team doesn't have to release a coach from contract unless it is for a promotion.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Ron Rivera

    I know it wasnt all his fault, but any Owner thinking dang this guys defense is the greatest in the league, probably isnt so sure now.Rivera will cost big bucks to move outta Chicago, and maybe some owners arnt so sure if hes the second coming of the 85 bears.However he is a good DC, and i'm sure he'll get a shot at a HC job soon enough.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  6. #6
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Ron Rivera

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I can see Rivera going to Dallas as the DC now though..
    Nope, still a lateral move.
    Generally a team doesn't have to release a coach from contract unless it is for a promotion.
    That's the issue on the table... Rivera's contract expires in like 7 days (or something like that).

  7. #7
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Ron Rivera

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I can see Rivera going to Dallas as the DC now though..
    Nope, still a lateral move.
    Generally a team doesn't have to release a coach from contract unless it is for a promotion.
    That's the issue on the table... Rivera's contract expires in like 7 days (or something like that).

    Right sea... Rivera's contract does expire here very soon.. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Minny for that matter.. Now that he is not going to be chosen for the HC job in Dallas, he may look at other options.. I would like to see Rivera as DC for the Vikings.. Especially if Childress chokes again next season, then we have a HC candidate in house..

  8. #8
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Ron Rivera

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    With that loss in the SuperBowl i'm sure alot of owners second guessed him.

    Its not solely on Ron Rivera's shoulders in that SB loss.. The defense played ok, surely not up to their level, but it was mostly Rex Grossman that ruined that game for them.. I wouldn't say that he is getting passed over for other coaches..

    If you look at it, the other teams with the exception of the Cowboys filled their jobs before the Bears even played the SB.. Right now it is said that the Cowboys are going with Wade Phillips who at one time was a HC in the NFL.. I think the experience won over in that decision.. I can see Rivera going to Dallas as the DC now though..
    Problem with that is Phillips is a HUGE 3-4 proponent...and Rivera runs the Tampa 2...not a good fit.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Ron Rivera

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I can see Rivera going to Dallas as the DC now though..
    Nope, still a lateral move.
    Generally a team doesn't have to release a coach from contract unless it is for a promotion.
    I believe that Rivera's contract with the Bears expired as soon as the Super Bowl was over.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Ron Rivera

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I can see Rivera going to Dallas as the DC now though..
    Nope, still a lateral move.
    Generally a team doesn't have to release a coach from contract unless it is for a promotion.
    I believe that Rivera's contract with the Bears expired as soon as the Super Bowl was over.

    =Z=
    Actually I think his contract expired on 1.31.07.
    However I think the Bears own his rights for 10 days after the final game (super bowl).
    I can't find definitive info on that, but I think that is the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rivera calls Grossman a mental midget
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 07:16 AM
  2. Marco Rivera???????????????
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 02:26 PM
  3. MOVED: Marco Rivera???????????????
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 09:43 AM
  4. Rivera may be on Vikings' list
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 08:08 PM
  5. Darn! We lost Rivera!!!!
    By LosAngelis in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 04:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •