Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Ron Mexico 'speechless'

I could only imagine how bitter the arguments must be in Falcons message boards. Each week a different side must be going I TOLD YOU SO

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No doubt.
    It reminds me of Daunte, you can come up with all kinds of supporting stats and stats that show he's a bust.
    They are definitely arguing.
    From the outside it is much clearer, he has been in the league long enough to know that his passing game sucks and he folds under pressure.
    Very Daunteesque in his leadership abilities.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Vick is a good runner.Probably shouldn't be a QB. He did show poor judgement flipping off the fans today. It must be good to be a gangster. :

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Vick was speechless after todays game, but not with his middle fingers.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"x-ray" wrote:
    Vick is a good runner.Probably shouldn't be a QB. He did show poor judgement flipping off the fans today. It must be good to be a gangster. :
    He flipped them off? Didn't see that. Way to show class Mr. Mexico.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Mexico showing a little love to his fans.

[img width=236 height=317]http://www.profootballtalk.com/VickFinger.jpg[/img]

POSTED 4:19 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 4:55 a.m. EST, November 27, 2006
    VICK APOLOGIZES

In contrast to ESPN's Michael Irvin, who apologized nearly a week after engaging in activities for which an apology became necessary, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick already has issued a hollow "I'm sorry" for flipping a dirty bird (or two) to fans who were jeering him as he walked off of the Georgia Dome playing surface after Sunday's loss to the Saints.
    Closer review of replays of the incident also shows Vick mouthing "f--k you" once or twice to the fans.

The difference?
    Vick's antics almost instantly became national news, giving the Falcons little choice but to do something to show deference to the folks who pay Vick's salary.

And, conveniently, the apology wasn't in the form of an interview.
    Instead, it came via a statement released by the team.

"First and foremost, I would like to apologize for my inappropriate actions with fans today," the statement reads.

"I was frustrated and upset at how the game was going for my team, and that frustration came out the wrong way.
    That’s not what I'm about.
    That's not what the Atlanta Falcons are about.
    I simply lost my cool in the heat of the moment.
    I apologize and look forward to putting this incident behind me."

(We like how the lawyers and/or P.R. people threw in the "That's not what I'm about" line.
    It makes the whole thing sound a lot less like it was written by lawyers and/or P.R. people.)

The irony of all of this is that Vick apparently had trouble accepting the efforts of the team to accept copious apologies from coach Jim Mora regarding the much-publicized "coach killer" comments of his father.
    Now, Vick will rely upon Falcons fans to demonstrate the same kind of understanding and charity toward him that he was reluctant to give to Mora and his father.

And Vick's actions, in our view, were far worse than the words of the elder Mora.

Fortunately for Vick and the Falcons, the team won't have to face the home crowd until December 16, a full three weeks after the incident.
    That'll give owner Arthur Blank plenty of time to repair the damage via the purchase of full-page ads in the AJC and other obvious efforts to stave off a revolt.
    But we've got a feeling that, unless the Falcons win both of their upcoming games at Tampa and at Washington in convincing fashion, there will be hell to pay when Vick and company return to town.

[img width=353 height=336]http://www.profootballtalk.com/VickFoamFinger.jpg[/img]
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

It is just to easy to take shots at this guy it has become no fun when he makes it this easy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Acumen" wrote:
    No doubt.
    It reminds me of Daunte, you can come up with all kinds of supporting stats and stats that show he's a bust.
    They are definitely arguing.
    From the outside it is much clearer, he has been in the league long enough to know that his passing game sucks and he folds under pressure.
    Very Daunteesque in his leadership abilities.
    as someone said whwn saying Schaub starting next season for the Falcons.. Vick is only good for highlight material. Well he did it again yesterday, all that running yardage and still only a loss to show for his day at the office. Still nice to see him 'speechless' when talking to the fans as he left
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

vick is a joke..any team that he starts for will never ever be a contender
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast