Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Ron Mexico settles Herp Suit

POSTED 3:45 p.m. EDT, April 24, 2006

RON MEXICO SETTLES HERP SUIT
    Mike Florio

The lawsuit filed in 2005 against Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, in which a former girlfriend alleged that he gave her the gift that keeps on giving, has been settled.

"The case is resolved," said V. Lawrence Woodward, Vick's attorney. "That's all I can say."

It's all that Woodward can say because settlement agreements in civil cases routinely contain a confidentiality provision, which prohibits the plaintiff from talking about how much money the plaintiff received. Secrecy is requested for various reasons. Big companies that get sued don't want other plaintiffs to think that they can get a pay day merely by filing suit. High-profile guys like Vick don't want the general public to assume that the magnitude of the payment connotes legal responsibility.

Of course, it's also a good idea for the plaintiff to agree to confidentiality, since the last thing the plaintiff needs is a bunch of friends and family members to show up with their hands out.

The complaint filed against Vick alleged that he has herpes, and that Vick passed it to the plaintiff, Sonya Elliott. Elliot also claimed that Vick uses the alias "Ron Mexico" in connection with treatment for the condition.

The lawsuit initially was reported by thesmokinggun.com and generally ignored by the mainstream media for several days. We heard at the time from multiple readers who had purchased personalized Falcons jerseys with the name "Mexico" on the back. The league's merchandising arm later refused to process the transactions.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ron Mexico settles Herp Suit

It's not one safe to be around a Vick, one gives you herpes and the other puts guns in your face and steps on your legs.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

That is funny... I wonder how many women reading that article would ever have a 1 night stand with Vick? Ha Ha, a single, multi millionaire that can't even get laid.. To top it all off, he uses the name Ron Mexico to get treatment for the Herpe's Virus... To funny..

Prophet Guest

Then you get the die-hard Ron Mexico fans that are angry because you call him by the nickname that he chose.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Then you get the die-hard Ron Mexico fans that are angry because you call him by the nickname that he chose.

Yes, double standard don't you think?

Prophet Guest

I hope the falcons sign New Mexico. I would love to see them circling the drain with Ron & New Mexico on the same team. What a family.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I hope the falcons sign New Mexico. I would love to see them circling the drain with Ron & New Mexico on the same team. What a family.
    Heheheheh...New Mexico.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Ron and New Mexico need to be on the sam team so they can keep each other in line.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Cmon, you gotta feel sorry for Vick just a little..... ok maybe not :twisted: .
    And if the falcons dont draft New Mexico on saturday it would be a travesty.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

What I found hilarious was that guys were buying Falcons shirts with Mexico 7 on the back.. And after a day the NFL cancelled all orders with that name!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast