Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ron Mexico and Mary Jane?

"Zeus" wrote:
    So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, making unauthorized u-turns and a hundred other things which the NFL does not actively monitor in their players.
    They take action only when someone has been convicted of a transgression.
    Except with drugs.

I understand and encourage the strict enforcement of drug-testing as it relates to on-field play.
    Steroids, HGH, "the clear", etc. = bad.

But if Brian Urlacher wants to smoke a big bowl before a game with the Vikings, I'm handing him my lighter and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

=Z=
    I think the real issue is the idea of substance abuse, not necessarily the legality of it.
    MJ, just like any other drug (including alcohol) can be abused, and that can lead to both social and athletic problems.
    There is always a question as to where the line should be drawn when calling it "abuse", but the NFL has a pretty strong stance that any detrimental conduct including but not limited to illegal activity is considered abuse.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Not surprised at all.I remeber a photo going around of him smoking a blunt.Alot of players smoke, its not a surprise.However being in the profession they're in, and potentially losing what they have is stupid.Especially just for some weed.
    I don't understand why they test for marijuana.
    There isn't any stretch of the imagination which would allow it to be called "performance-enhancing".

=Z=
    Probably the same reason most people would get in trouble if you showed up to work with weed in your system.

It's illegal.
    So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, making unauthorized u-turns and a hundred other things which the NFL does not actively monitor in their players.
    Except with drugs.

I understand and encourage the strict enforcement of drug-testing as it relates to on-field play.

But if Brian Urlacher wants to smoke a big bowl before a game with the Vikings, I'm handing him my lighter and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

=Z=
    Would you hand earl the guy that drives the forklift in the shop a lighter so he can smoke his bowl of refer before he was to do his job?

I sure wouldn't and poor earl would get fired if they found out he had.

If Brian Urlacher is high on the football field he is a danger to himself and his teamates. It it that complicated to grasp.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Would you hand earl the guy that drives the forklift in the shop a lighter so he can smoke his bowl of refer before he was to do his job?

If Brian Urlacher is high on the football field he is a danger to himself and his teamates. It it that complicated to grasp.
    And that's why the NFL tests for marijuana.
    Sure.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Sure.

=Z=

From what I've been hearing on the radio and such. It was a dark resin type of substence in the bottle, not marijuana , but maybe opium or hash......Both, many times stronger than mary jane....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    Police said the bottle was sent to the Miami-Dade County crime lab for analysis. It could be weeks before any decision is made on whether to file charges, said Detective Alvaro Zabaleta.

"We'll do an analysis and see what it is. There's no sense of urgency to it," he said Thursday.
    So what will happen to ole Ron if it comes back positive?
    Do we know how much was there?
    They throw him in jail...where he BECOMES Mary Jane...to the bubbas!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Sure.

=Z=

From what I've been hearing on the radio and such. It was a dark resin type of substence in the bottle, not marijuana , but maybe opium or hash......Both, many times stronger than mary jane....
    Considering the type of women that he has been known to hang around with, that black tar substance could be many things that are legal but probably shouldn't be.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

Also as far as illegal actions go at least here in Utah possession of Weed carries a lot bigger penalty then rolling through a stop sign and making an illegal U-turn.

Does the NFL levy fines and even suspensions for major illegal activities besides Marijuana? Yes it does. Assault, Domestic Violence convictions, DUI......the list goes on.

So the examples of running a stop sign and doing an illegal U-turn are off base.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Also as far as illegal actions go at least here in Utah possession of Weed carries a lot bigger penalty then rolling through a stop sign and making an illegal U-turn.

Does the NFL levy fines and even suspensions for major illegal activities besides Marijuana? Yes it does. Assault, Domestic Violence convictions, DUI......the list goes on.

So the examples of running a stop sign and doing an illegal U-turn are off base.
    WTF?
    Are you arguing with yourself and your own examples?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Not surprised at all.I remeber a photo going around of him smoking a blunt.Alot of players smoke, its not a surprise.However being in the profession they're in, and potentially losing what they have is stupid.Especially just for some weed.
    I don't understand why they test for marijuana.
    There isn't any stretch of the imagination which would allow it to be called "performance-enhancing".

=Z=
    Probably the same reason most people would get in trouble if you showed up to work with weed in your system.

It's illegal.
    Except with drugs.

=Z=

LOL!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

WTF?
    Are you arguing with yourself and your own examples?
    No I am commenting (not arguing) on this statement: So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, making unauthorized u-turns and a hundred other things which the NFL does not actively monitor in their players.
    Except with drugs.

Which was not made by me.

A dirty drug test is enough to convict in the NFL I guess, and they have the ability to appeal through a legal means.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast