Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: Ron Mexico and Mary Jane?

Police said the bottle was sent to the Miami-Dade County crime lab for analysis. It could be weeks before any decision is made on whether to file charges, said Detective Alvaro Zabaleta.

"We'll do an analysis and see what it is. There's no sense of urgency to it," he said Thursday.
    So what will happen to ole Ron if it comes back positive?
    Do we know how much was there?
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Not surprised at all.I remeber a photo going around of him smoking a blunt.Alot of players smoke, its not a surprise.However being in the profession they're in, and potentially losing what they have is stupid.Especially just for some weed.
    I don't understand why they test for marijuana.
    There isn't any stretch of the imagination which would allow it to be called "performance-enhancing".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    Not surprised at all.I remeber a photo going around of him smoking a blunt.Alot of players smoke, its not a surprise.However being in the profession they're in, and potentially losing what they have is stupid.Especially just for some weed.
    There isn't any stretch of the imagination which would allow it to be called "performance-enhancing".

=Z=
    Try telling that to a die-hard weed smoker.

[size=8pt]

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I could be a die-hard weed smoker, for all you know.
    There's no way marijuana enhances athletic performance.
    It's a depressant, for cod's sake.
    There's a reason those baseball players took "greenies (amphetimines)" for years and years.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

I could be a die-hard weed smoker, for all you know.

There's no way marijuana enhances athletic performance.
    It's a depressant, for cod's sake.
    There's a reason those baseball players took "greenies (amphetimines)" for years and years.

=Z=
    I realize you could be. That wasn't the point I was trying to get across. I know that marijuana is not an enhancement. I'm not trying to argue against you. I was saying that in regards that it depends on how you talk to. I've heard from people say all kinds of bullshit that it helps them concentrate better and many other things. I've heard from friends that they play music and guitar better when they are "high", even when it's proven that marijuana throws off your rhythm or any sense of time. I even heard that it isn't addictive (give me a break). What I was trying to say is that some people (the ones I refered to as "die-hard weed smokers) will try and tell you otherwise, even though they are wrong.

[size=8pt]

I've been a die hard since about 15-16. There is no way it is perfomance enhancing at all. The only time it helped me playing football is when I got really high before the game and they were like you're so high dude!!! How are you gonna play. On the first play I acted like I was too high to think, then, whoosh ran deep and nobody bothered to really pay attention to the kid who didn't even realize which team picked him. Other than that single time, it doesn't enhance nuttin cept may-b mays supa dupa vocab skillz-son.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Del Rio Guest

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Probably the same reason most people would get in trouble if you showed up to work with weed in your system.

It's illegal.

As far as a team perspective goes it most definately is not performance enhancing it probably has the opposite effect (if you were high), if it was legal and there was a test to see if you had enough in your system at the moment of testing to effect your performance then that would be ideal and you could treat it just like alcohol.

Obviously that is not the case, it is illegal AND the test for it tracks traces that could be weeks old. 300 pound men trying to kill each other and trying to protect teamates that are under the influence are a hazard to everyones saftey.

At the end of the day this is a job. You can't have weed in your system.

The biggest question I have is if you're not addicted (mentaly) then why not stop? You are going to risk millions of dollars over weed? You HAVE TO SMOKE it so bad that you buy a waterbottle that has a secret compartment so you can stash your herb in there? LMAO fucking fantastic.

Del Rio Guest

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I've been a die hard since about 15-16. There is no way it is perfomance enhancing at all. The only time it helped me playing football is when I got really high before the game and they were like you're so high dude!!! How are you gonna play. On the first play I acted like I was too high to think, then, whoosh ran deep and nobody bothered to really pay attention to the kid who didn't even realize which team picked him. Other than that single time, it doesn't enhance nuttin cept may-b mays supa dupa vocab skillz-son.
    So basically you acted retarded and they said hey nobody worry about the retard over there.

"Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Probably the same reason most people would get in trouble if you showed up to work with weed in your system.

It's illegal.
    So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, making unauthorized u-turns and a hundred other things which the NFL does not actively monitor in their players.
    They take action only when someone has been convicted of a transgression.
    Except with drugs.

I understand and encourage the strict enforcement of drug-testing as it relates to on-field play.
    Steroids, HGH, "the clear", etc. = bad.

But if Brian Urlacher wants to smoke a big bowl before a game with the Vikings, I'm handing him my lighter and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Most are coming to the realization that many of us had years ago, he's an athlete in the wrong position. The coaching carousel in Atlanta is due to their marriage of a subpar QB that sells tickets and jerseys. Schaub will get the reigns this year and the denouement of Mexico's career started yesterday. Screw Ron Mexico...if you don't mind getting herpes that is.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast