Prophet Guest

Ron Mexico is lost.

KFFL
    Falcons | Vick not understanding team's offense
    Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:39:52 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick admitted he is "lost" about the team's offensive philosophy and wonders why the passing game doesn't use more short, slant patterns. Vick said, "We're not dinking and dunking the way it's supposed to be done. It may be hurting me. It may be hurting the offense. I'm a little lost right now."

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ron Mexico is lost.

let me take a crack at it,

the reason that they are not throwing slants is because that you have to be very acurate when you throw a pass on a slant pattern. otherwise, someone like D. Sharper will take it to the house for 88 yards and since Ron can't throw a pass to save his life, the falcons don't throw many of them.

Del Rio Guest

The confusion for Vick comes from the fact that he assumes they are running a WCO. The media assumed that the Falcons were going to run the West Coast Offense, but in fact Mora has stated that they are NOT running it.

There is no true WCO offense in the NFL anymore. The media throws the term around too loosely. Basically if you pass short passes to move the ball instead of running it you are some form of WCO. How they can try to label the Falcons as one, when their running game is massively important is beyond me.

As far as Vick he is just a numbnut. He is trying to either get a guy fired, or make excuses.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    let me take a crack at it,

the reason that they are not throwing slants is because that you have to be very acurate when you throw a pass on a slant pattern. otherwise, someone like D. Sharper will take it to the house for 88 yards and since Ron can't throw a pass to save his life, the falcons don't throw many of them.
    yup have to be accurate thats for sure, slants are very effective plays too when done right.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I have said this before and I'll say it again: MICHAEL VICK IS THE MOST OVERRATED RB/QB WANNABE in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

I think he is trying to divert the attention from the fact that he (and his brother) had bad years.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

I don't know if he's overrated - He seems to eat us up pretty well :cussing:

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I have said this before and I'll say it again: MICHAEL VICK IS THE MOST OVERRATED RB/QB WANNABE in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!!
    BRAVO!