Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romeo Crennel

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Romeo Crennel

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Could you imagine if we still had Billick as O-coordinator and Dungy as D-coordinator! Wow, that would be aweomse!
    Only lucky a$$ teams like the Patsies and the Cowgirls get to keep their star coordinators around long enough so that they can string a few good years together before losing them...we are not one of those lucky teams unfortunately...as soon as Linehan gets good, he will be gone...same may happen to Cottrell.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Romeo Crennel

Well, the way our D is playing, I don't really see Cottrell leaving for another job anytime soon!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Romeo Crennel

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Well, the way our D is playing, I don't really see Cottrell leaving for another job anytime soon!
    Yeah, but with the minority hiring push, don't be surprised if he gets his sh*t together next year that he will get offers to at least interview for openings (which happen every year).

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Romeo Crennel

True!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Romeo Crennel

Tice supporter all the way, we don't need a new head coach!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Romeo Crennel

man i just hope we can some how keep linehan. I love the way he makes this offense go. I think hes always creative drawing up some fancy plays that are rarely used today in the nfl. Dont want to lose him, start all over again with someone new that has to learn the offense and possibly lose our cool fancy plays as well.

Some fancy plays are like daunte fake running it right before the line of scrimmage then pulling back to fire a td. It was used in last years bears game at home and was pretty creative.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Romeo Crennel

The way to keep him is for the Vikes to go deep enough into the playoffs that he can't interview for head coaching vacancies (like the Patsies did to Weis and Crennel)...it is cruel but effective.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Romeo Crennel

I have my doubts about Tice but I think we are just fine with him right now. My favorite thing about Tice is his ability to recognize talent. We have had three pretty successful drafts under Tice and I applaud him for building the Vikings into what they are now since he had squat to work with when he took over.

Linehan I like very much. There have been a few games where I thought his playcalling was way off but he does some good stuff with this offense and I hope we can keep him.

Cottrell should stay, absolutely. Our defensive failings don't have much to do with his coaching, more to do with the fact that our defense is still sorting things out and getting used to playing with each other. Both defense and offense need time before they can gel.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Romeo Crennel

Tice is growing on me. I would only take aproven coach over him.

I don't think Tice is the worst coach, I think Mike Matz would have to lick Tice's shorts before being allowed to coach the Vikings. That being said, if it wasn't obvious, I don't like Martz.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Romeo Crennel

Cotrell's play calling sucks. It's not creative at all, he doesn't disguise formations or anything. Look at the jets god-awful defense and look how they're playing now. I think cotrell has lost his edge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12