Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Rome Rips Apart Favre

Yup, can't stand Common Man or Rome is Burning...

Rome rants and rants about morals and I refuse to listen...sports has been made into a "morality court" because of clowns like this! OK, remember back in the day when you could watch a game where the broadcasters called the game and talked about stuff related to the game, and then you'd watch the post-game show and the guys would talk about...THE GAME?! Now you watch (for instance) a SF Giants show on ESPN and all they can talk about is steroids, on the pre-game and post-game show, steroids...problems are getting heightened attention and are treated like their more important than the game...I HATE THAT, thats not the way it should be! I hate Wrestling becuase its a "men's soap opera", and I never watched it, but sports these days are NO BETTER, the only edge sports have is that the competition is real!

Anyways, my point is that sports these days are a Soap Opera and the games are being overshadowed. Only the big games are "important", and the smaller games recieve no attention. It horsepiss...and I hate it...

Jim Rome has no place to talk....he got his own show after he pissed old Saints QB Jim Everett off enough to get Everett to push him, basically handle him like the little b!tch he is. Everyone may remember the incident, and thats how Rome got his own show, the first time....I hate him...and the sports industry in general...people need to quit preaching like their infallible and realize that there is morality in the media as well and that they are being as immoral as the ppl they're talking about by talking about them...

I'm out....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"audioghost" wrote:
    Yup, can't stand Common Man or Rome is Burning...

Rome rants and rants about morals and I refuse to listen...sports has been made into a "morality court" because of clowns like this! OK, remember back in the day when you could watch a game where the broadcasters called the game and talked about stuff related to the game, and then you'd watch the post-game show and the guys would talk about...THE GAME?! Now you watch (for instance) a SF Giants show on ESPN and all they can talk about is steroids, on the pre-game and post-game show, steroids...problems are getting heightened attention and are treated like their more important than the game...I HATE THAT, thats not the way it should be! I hate Wrestling becuase its a "men's soap opera", and I never watched it, but sports these days are NO BETTER, the only edge sports have is that the competition is real!

Anyways, my point is that sports these days are a Soap Opera and the games are being overshadowed. Only the big games are "important", and the smaller games recieve no attention. It horsepiss...and I hate it...

Jim Rome has no place to talk....he got his own show after he pissed old Saints QB Jim Everett off enough to get Everett to push him, basically handle him like the little b!tch he is. Everyone may remember the incident, and thats how Rome got his own show, the first time....I hate him...and the sports industry in general...people need to quit preaching like their infallible and realize that there is morality in the media as well and that they are being as immoral as the ppl they're talking about by talking about them...

I'm out....
    Agreed. Half of his time is dead air time and the other half is some secret society meeting.

Count me out.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Rome is an idiot. He simply takes the opposite stance on every single sports issue just for the sake of creating controversy. The fact that he has such confidence in his words doesn't fool me at all. It almost feels like half the things he says are not his opinion at all, he only says them to rile people up and create news. I don't buy it.

The Favre and McNair stories are completely different. In Tennessee the Titans made a quick decision based on the situation the team was in. McNair said he didn't want to room a young QB and the Titans are obviouslly going to draft one. A simple conflict of interest where one side had to lose.

In GB the Packers are letting Brett make a decision that is taking a long time. It should not be a big deal, but Brett is making it one. I think Brett only commented on the McNair issue because he as asked about it, not because he was trying to distract the media from his own problems.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Favre really has ZERO room to talk in regards to how a starting QB should treat a rookie QB...

I can only take Rome in small doses. Any more than a couple hours of listening to him, and I start yelling at the radio...LOL Jargomcfargo nailed it with the "morality court" description. I listened to Rome's show a week or so ago, and he was going off about smoking. Some town in California is trying to make it illegal to smoke OUTSIDE, and he was applauding them for it. Of course, he had to go on his 45 minute rant about how hideous and horrible smokers are, and proceeded to explain how he knows hows what it's like to be a smoker because he did it for awhile in college. Whatever.

Holier-than-thou types like him are something I can do without.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    Favre really has ZERO room to talk in regards to how a starting QB should treat a rookie QB...

I can only take Rome in small doses. Any more than a couple hours of listening to him, and I start yelling at the radio...LOL Jargomcfargo nailed it with the "morality court" description. I listened to Rome's show a week or so ago, and he was going off about smoking. Some town in California is trying to make it illegal to smoke OUTSIDE, and he was applauding them for it. Of course, he had to go on his 45 minute rant about how hideous and horrible smokers are, and proceeded to explain how he knows hows what it's like to be a smoker because he did it for awhile in college. Whatever.

Holier-than-thou types like him are something I can do without.
    About smoking (and drinking soda/pop), Dave Matthews has a cool line in one of his songs...........

....Sit a while with TV's hungry child
    big belly swelled
    Oh, for the price of a coke or a smoke,
    keep alive those hungry eyes.

Yes, have to agree that Rome is tough to listen to at times, well most of the time. He usually has good interviews with his guests, the rest I can and do well without.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    Just watching the Rome is Burning, and he totally ripped apart favre for sticking his nose in the Steve McNair situation. He said he thinks favre should figure out his own contract before he messes with others...he went on to say if he wants to run the Packers thats fine but he cant be the GM of every team, and that soon he will be speaking up for Ray Lewis in Baltimore and even A.I. in Philadelphia...I couldnt stop laughing.

I love Rome, he tells it like it is.
    I have to admit that Rome can come up with a one liner that will make you do an uncontrollable spit take everytime you repeat it to yourself.

i agree completely!! Favre has no right to stick up for Mcnair!! He can't even figure out if HE is going to come back or not!!! I just hope he takes another week to decide then says no he isn't coming back!!! That would really suck for the pack, if he waits til after the draft and still says no!!! LOL
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Rome is an idiot. He simply takes the opposite stance on every single sports issue just for the sake of creating controversy. The fact that he has such confidence in his words doesn't fool me at all. It almost feels like half the things he says are not his opinion at all, he only says them to rile people up and create news. I don't buy it.

The Favre and McNair stories are completely different. In Tennessee the Titans made a quick decision based on the situation the team was in. McNair said he didn't want to room a young QB and the Titans are obviouslly going to draft one. A simple conflict of interest where one side had to lose.

In GB the Packers are letting Brett make a decision that is taking a long time. It should not be a big deal, but Brett is making it one. I think Brett only commented on the McNair issue because he as asked about it, not because he was trying to distract the media from his own problems.
    Rome wasnt talking about the situations...he was talking about Favre sticking his nose where it doesnt belong. I think he just takes the opinion he feels is right with no regard to what others think, and i love it

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Rome's cool...he tells it how he see's it. Remember the Jim Everett thing on ESPN back in the day? He didn't back down & Rome is a little dude too. I don't listen to him everyday, but when I do check him out, its funny. I love how he rags on Bonds..."Allegedly"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123