Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rome Rips Apart Favre

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Rome is the man!

He fricken cracks me up!
    Cracked me up when Jim Everett smacked the crap outta him a few years back.

=Z=
    I'ts Jim not Crissy. lol

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    While I agree that Jim Rome speaks his mind and not for a moment do I think that Favre is doing his team much more harm than good and deserves to be ripped by the media instead of the coddling he is getting. I wonder how great Rome would be in your eyes if he spoke in the same candid manner of the Vikes?
    Just something to think about.
    Yup, the press is a "hero" when they say something you like, but "don't know what they are talking about" when they say something you don't.
    I listened to the jungle after the boat scandal. That entire month or so he was trashing the vikings but I still love his radio show. I know when the vikings do something emberassing and it's stupid to try to cover up for it when it was a dumb move.

Another guy I like is JT the Brick on Fox Sports Radio. Anyone listen to him? another free minded individual who loves to have the show get "interactive" all the time.

This is funny. You'd all be ripping Rome a new one if he dissed the Vikings. I think he's kind of a preck either way, but makes good points.

faninphx is offline Starter

I'm not too big of a Rome fan. He's very good at his job and is very knowledgable, I just don't care for the tone and pace of his show.

I will now outline my dislikes for Rome in no particular order (because I'm bored).

1. Everytime a good idea pops in his head he has to repeat it 3-4 times.
    2. Everytime an athlete does something stupid (drunk driving, arrogant to fans etc.) he will go on and on about it for at least five minutes outlining why it is stupid in every way possible and explaining what he would do if he were that particular athlete.
    3. Has to have a "cool" way of saying things. (Chicago=Chi-town, Cincinnatti=The Natti etc.) Most sportscasters do this so I'll cut him a little slack.
    4. Calls his fans "clones".
    5. Calls their opinions "takes".
    6. Can't seem to go three sentences without saying "clones" or "takes".
    7. Encourages "clones" to call and rant and they end with an amphatic "I'm out".
    8. Spends much of the show grading these rants and competes rants with other rants in a "smack off".
    9. Spends 45 seconds explaining why he won't talk about something.
    10. His stupid "clones" end their e-mails "Signed by (inanimate object)". Huh?

So what we have here is a psuedo high-pitched, fast-paced, energetic,opinion-filled show. But in the end, there is very little information gained.

I'm out....

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"faninphx" wrote:
    I'm not too big of a Rome fan. He's very good at his job and is very knowledgable, I just don't care for the tone and pace of his show.

I will now outline my dislikes for Rome in no particular order (because I'm bored).

2. Everytime an athlete does something stupid (drunk driving, arrogant to fans etc.) he will go on and on about it for at least five minutes outlining why it is stupid in every way possible and explaining what he would do if he were that particular athlete.
    3. Has to have a "cool" way of saying things. (Chicago=Chi-town, Cincinnatti=The Natti etc.) Most sportscasters do this so I'll cut him a little slack.
    7. Encourages "clones" to call and rant and they end with an amphatic "I'm out".
    8. Spends much of the show grading these rants and competes rants with other rants in a "smack off".

So what we have here is a psuedo high-pitched, fast-paced, energetic,opinion-filled show. But in the end, there is very little information gained.

I'm out....
    Would you rather have some guy get up there and speak in a laconic monotone voice about why he thinks the marlins won't win a game 3 weeks from now while taking no calls whatsoever despite the fact that there are 60 people on hold? That's what most other radio shows are like. Rome is one of the best.

jonnyb is offline Rookie

"faninphx" wrote:

I'm out....
    Thats what makes his show entertaining. Thats why people love him and his show.

"faninphx" wrote:

I'm out....
    You nailed it...... I also hate it when he pauses and just has dead air

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Rome is the man!

He fricken cracks me up!
    Cracked me up when Jim Everett smacked the crap outta him a few years back.

=Z=
    YES!! That was awesome!

Not a Rome fan.. Alot of time he goes too far. He needs to watch alot of what he says. Really..

Although he brings up some very valid points from time to time.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:

I'm out....
    You nailed it...... I also hate it when he pauses and just has dead air
    Kinda sounds like KFAN's "Common Man" Dan Cole's show...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Kinda sounds like KFAN's "Common Man" Dan Cole's show...
    The one show on KFAN which I cannot stand.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast