Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Roger Goodell let down by Pro Bowl

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says ceasing Pro Bowl under consideration - ESPN

In an appearance on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" on Sunday, Goodell said the league must address the quality of the game and even said he would consider eliminating the all-star game if it can't be improved upon.
    Really Roger? please spare the corporate BS, yes you're unhappy like everyone else is but no way will you cancel the game, after all think of the loss of $$$ due to ticket sales, merchandising.
    All the time there is no meaning to the game then players are not going to put themselves out at all - as if often seen by the players who are voted to it and then decline the invitation.
    Maybe the league could try to make it mean something as the MLB All Star games does.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I watched half of the game. That was all I could stomach. It was an embarrassment to football. If that is how the players are going to play the game, He may as well eliminate it.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    In this day of high-priced player contracts and injury concerns the Pro-Bowl has become a casualty of the NFL's success. As the article states, no one wants to get hurt in the Pro-Bowl and lose out on a big $$$ contract as a result.

And, truth is, it's a meaningless game. Sort of like the HOF game that we have every pre-season. Hell, I don't even bother watching it.

So, cancel it. Have players elected to the Pro-Bowl compete in skills competitions and fun crap like that. Honestly, I'd rather see those than a half-assed game.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    There used to be a time when players took pride in being selected to the Pro Bowl & played their hearts out to win it. Now it's become a glorified pillow fight with many players trying to avoid contact & injuries so they don't lose out on potential big contracts.

Post 1995 it's become a popularity contest with homer fans getting to vote for their home team favorites, rather than leaving the voting up to people who have a clue as to who the most deserved players are.

The Pro Bowl will never again be what it once was. Those days are gone & ended with big salaries, big egos & fan voting.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I watched half of the game. That was all I could stomach. It was an embarrassment to football. If that is how the players are going to play the game, He may as well eliminate it.
    Preach it, Brother MarshallVike!!!! Can I get an Amen?!?!?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shockzilla View Post
    Preach it, Brother MarshallVike!!!! Can I get an Amen?!?!?
    AMEN!!!

Bring back the skills comp. That was at least entertaining. The dunk contest in the NBA, and skills comp in NHL are far better than the game, no reason the NFL shouldn't have one again.

Love seeing the old skills competitions on the NFLN. Why they got rid of them, I'll never know.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Was pretty awesome when Peterson won MVP his rookie year. He didn't pussy foot through the hole, he brought the house. That was the exception to the rule.
    They should abolish it and replace it with a skills competition. Have an open competition for fastest NFL player, strongest NFL player, biggest arm ect.
    Would be 100 times more exciting than the current prowbowl.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    they might as well be playing flag football on the beach....presumably there would be bikini clad women in attendance

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Well Goodell seems to be killing the NFL if he eliminates the pro bowl!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well Goodell seems to be killing the NFL if he eliminates the pro bowl!
    to be fair if he took the decision to eliminate the Pro Bowl then it show that he has the interests of fans at heart and that the league actually cares about the quality of the product that it puts out.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast