Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79
  1. #31
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100307
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    He isn't even better than Phillip Rivers.
    That's a legitimate argument. I disagree, but at least it's in the realm, for cripes sake.

    "Arguably" is an operative word. I love pulling the Vikes-strings of the knee-jerk reactionaries, and perhaps my contemporaries (complete with deer head/cheese head/hard hats) have been playing the likes of the Minnesota Vikings fans' Caine's of this world like a southern fiddle for a generation. B) The possibility exists, lol, and regardless of intent, it seems to work quite well for all parties involved, lol. I suggest introspection and perhaps therapy, coupled with rooting for a football team that actually has a legitimate chance of winning something if you are a person that must be a "BIRG".

    (Basking in reflected glory)- contrasted with a "CORF" (Casting off reflected failure)

  2. #32
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100308
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100307
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    He isn't even better than Phillip Rivers.
    That's a legitimate argument. I disagree, but at least it's in the realm, for cripes sake.

    "Arguably" is an operative word. I love pulling the Vikes-strings of the knee-jerk reactionaries, and perhaps my contemporaries (complete with deer head/cheese head/hard hats) have been playing the likes of the Minnesota Vikings fans' Caine's of this world like a southern fiddle for a generation. B) The possibility exists, lol, and regardless of intent, it seems to work quite well for all parties involved, lol. I suggest introspection and perhaps therapy, coupled with rooting for a football team that actually has a legitimate chance of winning something if you are a person that must be a "BIRG".

    (Basking in reflected glory)- contrasted with a "CORF" (Casting off reflected failure)
    It really has nothing to do with pulling strings. The Packer nation fans have a strange way of legitimizing their poor taste in wardrobe and especially in head gear by blustering the virtue of the team to anything with a pulse this side a dash mark.

    Does it work? Well, for them it works but from an outside observer it is reminiscent of the guy in the office that goes down on his girlfriend all night and then goes to work in the morning without washing his face. He might have really enjoyed the night before but the rest of the office could really get along fine without the visual confirmation.

  3. #33
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100303
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100207
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100200
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Packer fans don't have a very big brain, so not alot of space for memories past about 3 years ago.

    Don't ask them to recall the 80's, most of them are clueless that those times ever existed, add to the fact most of them were not alive when they won their first superbowls, they just memorize a few lines liek "We won more titles than anybody" and pull them out when deemed necessary.
    Yes, the Packtard Nation likes to roar a lot when they're riding high, but start talking about the 70's and 80's and they look at the floor and mumble a lot.

    Having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's, I can tell you with complete sincerity that I really didn't know many Packer fans growing up. Everyone was Bears, 49'ers, or Cowboys fans...

    ...you know, teams that didn't suck.

    Being a Viking fan wasn't that tough because only the OLD people remembered the Packers good days...but they didn't say much.

    Then came Majkowski. People started to think the Packers could turn into something. Then Favre came along, and the "Packer Fans" came roaring out of the closet... proclaiming all the while that they'd "always been devoted fans"...and trying like hell to hide their 49'ers Starter Jackets.

    Now, they've completely blanked out the TWO DECADES of sucking, and blather on about all the Championships they never saw.

    Screw 'em. I have more respect for Lion's fans than I do for Packtards. It's real easy to be a loud fan when your team is on TOP....but how well will you stick when they struggle?

    Hell, by that criteria, WE are better fans.

    BTW, just found this sterling example of another classy Packer moment:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuQr_tAC2xkFDtgd.STf6QJDubYF?slug=ap-packers-underwoodcharged


    Caine
    All NFL fans have been standing in absolute awe at the wonderment that is the Minnesota Vikings fanbase. You pegged it yet again. :P

    Keep up the good work, Minnesota!
    As to "having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's"... I suggest that might in fact make you a de-facto "pack-tard". Perhaps some remedial education would enable you to extricate yourself from a horrendous life circumstance.

    :P

  4. #34
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100310
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100303
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100207
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100200
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Packer fans don't have a very big brain, so not alot of space for memories past about 3 years ago.

    Don't ask them to recall the 80's, most of them are clueless that those times ever existed, add to the fact most of them were not alive when they won their first superbowls, they just memorize a few lines liek "We won more titles than anybody" and pull them out when deemed necessary.
    Yes, the Packtard Nation likes to roar a lot when they're riding high, but start talking about the 70's and 80's and they look at the floor and mumble a lot.

    Having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's, I can tell you with complete sincerity that I really didn't know many Packer fans growing up. Everyone was Bears, 49'ers, or Cowboys fans...

    ...you know, teams that didn't suck.

    Being a Viking fan wasn't that tough because only the OLD people remembered the Packers good days...but they didn't say much.

    Then came Majkowski. People started to think the Packers could turn into something. Then Favre came along, and the "Packer Fans" came roaring out of the closet... proclaiming all the while that they'd "always been devoted fans"...and trying like hell to hide their 49'ers Starter Jackets.

    Now, they've completely blanked out the TWO DECADES of sucking, and blather on about all the Championships they never saw.

    Screw 'em. I have more respect for Lion's fans than I do for Packtards. It's real easy to be a loud fan when your team is on TOP....but how well will you stick when they struggle?

    Hell, by that criteria, WE are better fans.

    BTW, just found this sterling example of another classy Packer moment:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuQr_tAC2xkFDtgd.STf6QJDubYF?slug=ap-packers-underwoodcharged


    Caine
    All NFL fans have been standing in absolute awe at the wonderment that is the Minnesota Vikings fanbase. You pegged it yet again. :P

    Keep up the good work, Minnesota!
    As to "having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's"... I suggest that might in fact make you a de-facto "pack-tard". Perhaps some remedial education would enable you to extricate yourself from a horrendous life circumstance.

    :P
    That would be OK but after listening to their Governor it is clear they are no longer interested in education so I guess that will have to wait.

  5. #35
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100309
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100308
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100307
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    He isn't even better than Phillip Rivers.
    That's a legitimate argument. I disagree, but at least it's in the realm, for cripes sake.

    "Arguably" is an operative word. I love pulling the Vikes-strings of the knee-jerk reactionaries, and perhaps my contemporaries (complete with deer head/cheese head/hard hats) have been playing the likes of the Minnesota Vikings fans' Caine's of this world like a southern fiddle for a generation. B) The possibility exists, lol, and regardless of intent, it seems to work quite well for all parties involved, lol. I suggest introspection and perhaps therapy, coupled with rooting for a football team that actually has a legitimate chance of winning something if you are a person that must be a "BIRG".

    (Basking in reflected glory)- contrasted with a "CORF" (Casting off reflected failure)
    It really has nothing to do with pulling strings. The Packer nation fans have a strange way of legitimizing their poor taste in wardrobe and especially in head gear by blustering the virtue of the team to anything with a pulse this side a dash mark.

    Does it work? Well, for them it works but from an outside observer it is reminiscent of the guy in the office that goes down on his girlfriend all night and then goes to work in the morning without washing his face. He might have really enjoyed the night before but the rest of the office could really get along fine without the visual confirmation.
    Now that's funny. :laugh:

  6. #36
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    782

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Where is the disrespect for Favre that you speak of?

    I am merely pointing out what should be obvious, and that is simply this...

    As good as Favre was, Rodgers is better. He simply is. Will his CAREER be better than Favre's... extraordinarily doubtful, if history is any guide- but the argument isn't that. Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.

    Since I grew up with my Bart Starr, your Fran, Dallas' Staubach, et.al, I have some PERSPECTIVE (big word, sorry). I stated previously this is a matter of some controversy in Puker land, etc.

    This kid is better. I know it when I see it. I don't know where Favre will ultimately land in the "land of the greats" with his 20 year amazing career, but since I saw all of it, I don't think it unreasonable for me to express my opinion about it. Hell, in some circles it might be viewed as enlightening you schwantz provincials B)

    Simple, you speak arrogantly about Rodger's being better than Favre. He has played what, 3 years...He inherited a good team with a plethora of above average receivers. Any QB who is any good at all will have success there, hell even Flynn played well. Which brings me to my next point...Rodger's couldn't even play the WHOLE year...any player sitting on the bench isn't great.

    What kind of team did Favre inherit?? One that did not have the slightest clue how to win for 2 and 1/2 decades and made them relevant again. Let's see Rodger's do that and then we can talk.

    How can you even say he is the BEST QB EVER at THIS POINT?? What about Manning's and Brady's record breaking years?? Marino's 5000 yards in a season?? Montana's 4 super bowls?? He by no means has mind boggling numbers, nothing even close to what some of the truly greats have put up. I would take Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rivers RIGHT NOW over Rodgers. Feel free to continue in your delusion's though...you need them to make the 70's, 80's and pre 60's years seem as if they never happened.

  7. #37
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Been away for a few weeks. Nice to see things haven't changed...hmy:

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  8. #38
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    644

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    skipped most of this thread because the statement "Rodgers is better than Favre" is assinine in the least.

    For crying out loud how do you even compare a guy who's a relative rookie to Brett Favre "The Iron Man"

    Goodness sake get a grip!

    Rodgers is a good player I said so when the puker fans were saying he should be traded, I have a forum post in the UK that states "i would take him right now" but you need to grow up and talk sense. When Rodgers has been pounded for a few more years earned himself a couple of MVP awards we can sit down and talk rationally until then please engage your brain before letting your fingers near a keyboard,
    Purple till i die

  9. #39
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "Mark_The_Viking" #1100423
    skipped most of this thread because the statement "Rodgers is better than Favre" is assinine in the least.

    For crying out loud how do you even compare a guy who's a relative rookie to Brett Favre "The Iron Man"

    Goodness sake get a grip!

    Rodgers is a good player I said so when the puker fans were saying he should be traded, I have a forum post in the UK that states "i would take him right now" but you need to grow up and talk sense. When Rodgers has been pounded for a few more years earned himself a couple of MVP awards we can sit down and talk rationally until then please engage your brain before letting your fingers near a keyboard,
    Since you are giving suggestions, I thought I'd help you out also.

    You need to:

    A- Read (and comprehend) what is being written prior to commenting.

    B- That would require engaging your brain, FYI.

    C- Learn not to hit the keyboard until completing steps A and B.


    What I have said, and watched another poster intentionally omit, thereby twisting my words by pulling out of context, is that AT THIS POINT in his career Rodgers is better than Favre. It is a statistically reasonable perspective, and readily evident to most that saw both of them from the start. As to my comment that he is arguably the best ever, AGAIN, there is some STRONG STATISTICAL EVIDENCE to back that opinion. Some have mentioned Brady, the accomplishments of Manning, Brees, etc.

    The Pro Football Hall of fame tracks QB rating, for example. (minimum 15k or something)

    Lets look who is leading who...

    http://www.profootballhof.com/story/2011/2/28/top-20-passer-rating-2011/

    ALL-TIME RANKINGS OF EVERY QB WITH 1,500 CAREER ATTEMPTS>>>

    * Pro Football Hall of Fame member
    1 Aaron Rodgers 98.41
    2 Philip Rivers 97.16
    3 Steve Young* 96.81
    4 Tony Romo 95.50
    5 Tom Brady 95.19
    6 Peyton Manning 94.89
    7 Kurt Warner 93.71
    8 Ben Roethlisberger 92.47
    9 Joe Montana* 92.26
    10 Drew Brees 91.75
    11 Matt Schaub 91.53
    12 Chad Pennington 90.14
    13 Daunte Culpepper 87.78
    14 Jeff Garcia 87.54
    15 Carson Palmer 86.91
    16 Dan Marino* 86.38
    17T Trent Green 86.03
    17T Brett Favre 86.03
    19 David Garrard 85.82
    20 Donovan McNabb 85.66
    Should we put Rodgers 18th because he hasn't played 20 years? I'll leave that up to you. B)

    As far as the argument that Rodgers has a better surrounding cast than Favre, that one is difficult to prove one way or another. I did notice that my team won a Super Bowl with virtually NO RUNNING GAME. Call me crazy, but I'd have to submit Rodgers may have possibly helped "carry" his team.

    ______________________________________

    For everyone, for old time's sake--- :P

    http://bangcartoon.com/2005/excuse.htm

  10. #40
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    644

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    So a first year, first game rookie comes out and throws a 99yd TD "AT THAT POINT IN HIS CAREER" is better then anyone else?

    I just think you should wait until the end of his career and say "he was/wasn't better"

    /disengage brain
    Purple till i die

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre vs. Rodgers tracker
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 02:26 AM
  2. Rodgers trying to deal with pro-Favre crowd
    By josdin00 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 12:25 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 04:16 AM
  4. Favre thoroughfare to be Aaron Rodgers' Boulevard of Broken Dreams?
    By mountainviking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 07:53 AM
  5. Aaron Rodgers confident he can be the next Brett Favre
    By Prophet in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 04:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •