Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS COULD ALSO BE "MOST IMPROVED" - article.
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-06/nfl-outlook/story/packers-green-bay-super-bowl-champs-could-also-be-most-improved

What's new
    Offense: After 47 regular-season starts, Aaron Rodgers has more yards (12,394) and touchdowns (86) and fewer interceptions (31) than Favre, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers at that point in their careers. Coach Mike McCarthy would like to take some pressure off Rodgers with a better running game, especially given the two concussions he suffered last year...

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-06/nfl-outlook/story/packers-green-bay-super-bowl-champs-could-also-be-most-improved#ixzz1RC11cFbD
    Mars- the belt celebration almost makes me want to hate him too. It's bogus.

Almost.

Instead, I love him. Sorry.
    :P

crickets.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Packer fans don't have a very big brain, so not alot of space for memories past about 3 years ago.

Don't ask them to recall the 80's, most of them are clueless that those times ever existed, add to the fact most of them were not alive when they won their first superbowls, they just memorize a few lines liek "We won more titles than anybody" and pull them out when deemed necessary.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100200

Packer fans don't have a very big brain, so not alot of space for memories past about 3 years ago.

Don't ask them to recall the 80's, most of them are clueless that those times ever existed, add to the fact most of them were not alive when they won their first superbowls, they just memorize a few lines liek "We won more titles than anybody" and pull them out when deemed necessary.
    Yes, the Packtard Nation likes to roar a lot when they're riding high, but start talking about the 70's and 80's and they look at the floor and mumble a lot.

Having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's, I can tell you with complete sincerity that I really didn't know many Packer fans growing up. Everyone was Bears, 49'ers, or Cowboys fans...

...you know, teams that didn't suck.

Being a Viking fan wasn't that tough because only the OLD people remembered the Packers good days...but they didn't say much.

Then came Majkowski. People started to think the Packers could turn into something. Then Favre came along, and the "Packer Fans" came roaring out of the closet... proclaiming all the while that they'd "always been devoted fans"...and trying like hell to hide their 49'ers Starter Jackets.

Now, they've completely blanked out the TWO DECADES of sucking, and blather on about all the Championships they never saw.

Screw 'em. I have more respect for Lion's fans than I do for Packtards. It's real easy to be a loud fan when your team is on TOP....but how well will you stick when they struggle?

Hell, by that criteria, WE are better fans.

BTW, just found this sterling example of another classy Packer moment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuQr_tAC2xkFDtgd.STf6QJDubYF?slug=ap-packers-underwoodcharged

Caine

Where is the disrespect for Favre that you speak of?

I am merely pointing out what should be obvious, and that is simply this...

As good as Favre was, Rodgers is better. He simply is. Will his CAREER be better than Favre's... extraordinarily doubtful, if history is any guide- but the argument isn't that. Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.

Since I grew up with my Bart Starr, your Fran, Dallas' Staubach, et.al, I have some PERSPECTIVE (big word, sorry). I stated previously this is a matter of some controversy in Puker land, etc.

This kid is better. I know it when I see it. I don't know where Favre will ultimately land in the "land of the greats" with his 20 year amazing career, but since I saw all of it, I don't think it unreasonable for me to express my opinion about it. Hell, in some circles it might be viewed as enlightening you schwantz provincials B)

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100207
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100200

Yes, the Packtard Nation likes to roar a lot when they're riding high, but start talking about the 70's and 80's and they look at the floor and mumble a lot.

Having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's, I can tell you with complete sincerity that I really didn't know many Packer fans growing up. Everyone was Bears, 49'ers, or Cowboys fans...

...you know, teams that didn't suck.

Being a Viking fan wasn't that tough because only the OLD people remembered the Packers good days...but they didn't say much.

Then came Majkowski. People started to think the Packers could turn into something. Then Favre came along, and the "Packer Fans" came roaring out of the closet... proclaiming all the while that they'd "always been devoted fans"...and trying like hell to hide their 49'ers Starter Jackets.

Now, they've completely blanked out the TWO DECADES of sucking, and blather on about all the Championships they never saw.

Screw 'em. I have more respect for Lion's fans than I do for Packtards. It's real easy to be a loud fan when your team is on TOP....but how well will you stick when they struggle?

Hell, by that criteria, WE are better fans.

BTW, just found this sterling example of another classy Packer moment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuQr_tAC2xkFDtgd.STf6QJDubYF?slug=ap-packers-underwoodcharged

Caine
    All NFL fans have been standing in absolute awe at the wonderment that is the Minnesota Vikings fanbase. You pegged it yet again. :P

Keep up the good work, Minnesota!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    Stopped reading right here.

You are so full of shit I think I can smell you from here.

Great QB? Absolutely. Best ever? That's a fuckin laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100305
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    Stopped reading right here.

You are so full of shit I think I can smell you from here.

Great QB? Absolutely. Best ever? That's a fuckin laugh.
    That's OK. We are even, because I stopped reading as soon as you typed the COMPLETELY INANE and overused statement "I stopped reading when..."

We will see. Statistically, my statement has real merit, so pack that.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He isn't even better than Phillip Rivers.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast