Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79
  1. #21
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS COULD ALSO BE "MOST IMPROVED" - article.
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-06/nfl-outlook/story/packers-green-bay-super-bowl-champs-could-also-be-most-improved


    What's new
    Offense: After 47 regular-season starts, Aaron Rodgers has more yards (12,394) and touchdowns (86) and fewer interceptions (31) than Favre, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers at that point in their careers. Coach Mike McCarthy would like to take some pressure off Rodgers with a better running game, especially given the two concussions he suffered last year...



    Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-06/nfl-outlook/story/packers-green-bay-super-bowl-champs-could-also-be-most-improved#ixzz1RC11cFbD
    Mars- the belt celebration almost makes me want to hate him too. It's bogus.

    Almost.

    Instead, I love him. Sorry.
    :P

  2. #22
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    crickets.

  3. #23
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    782

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.

  4. #24
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Packer fans don't have a very big brain, so not alot of space for memories past about 3 years ago.

    Don't ask them to recall the 80's, most of them are clueless that those times ever existed, add to the fact most of them were not alive when they won their first superbowls, they just memorize a few lines liek "We won more titles than anybody" and pull them out when deemed necessary.

  5. #25
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100200
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Packer fans don't have a very big brain, so not alot of space for memories past about 3 years ago.

    Don't ask them to recall the 80's, most of them are clueless that those times ever existed, add to the fact most of them were not alive when they won their first superbowls, they just memorize a few lines liek "We won more titles than anybody" and pull them out when deemed necessary.
    Yes, the Packtard Nation likes to roar a lot when they're riding high, but start talking about the 70's and 80's and they look at the floor and mumble a lot.

    Having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's, I can tell you with complete sincerity that I really didn't know many Packer fans growing up. Everyone was Bears, 49'ers, or Cowboys fans...

    ...you know, teams that didn't suck.

    Being a Viking fan wasn't that tough because only the OLD people remembered the Packers good days...but they didn't say much.

    Then came Majkowski. People started to think the Packers could turn into something. Then Favre came along, and the "Packer Fans" came roaring out of the closet... proclaiming all the while that they'd "always been devoted fans"...and trying like hell to hide their 49'ers Starter Jackets.

    Now, they've completely blanked out the TWO DECADES of sucking, and blather on about all the Championships they never saw.

    Screw 'em. I have more respect for Lion's fans than I do for Packtards. It's real easy to be a loud fan when your team is on TOP....but how well will you stick when they struggle?

    Hell, by that criteria, WE are better fans.

    BTW, just found this sterling example of another classy Packer moment:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuQr_tAC2xkFDtgd.STf6QJDubYF?slug=ap-packers-underwoodcharged


    Caine

  6. #26
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Where is the disrespect for Favre that you speak of?

    I am merely pointing out what should be obvious, and that is simply this...

    As good as Favre was, Rodgers is better. He simply is. Will his CAREER be better than Favre's... extraordinarily doubtful, if history is any guide- but the argument isn't that. Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.

    Since I grew up with my Bart Starr, your Fran, Dallas' Staubach, et.al, I have some PERSPECTIVE (big word, sorry). I stated previously this is a matter of some controversy in Puker land, etc.

    This kid is better. I know it when I see it. I don't know where Favre will ultimately land in the "land of the greats" with his 20 year amazing career, but since I saw all of it, I don't think it unreasonable for me to express my opinion about it. Hell, in some circles it might be viewed as enlightening you schwantz provincials B)

  7. #27
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100207
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100200
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1100198
    I find it quite odd that a packer's fan would have so much disrespect for Favre. He pulled the franchise out of the gutter, and all you do now is dis him. It seems pretty pathetic to me.

    As to Rodger's being better than Favre....unlikely that that statement will ever be true.
    Packer fans don't have a very big brain, so not alot of space for memories past about 3 years ago.

    Don't ask them to recall the 80's, most of them are clueless that those times ever existed, add to the fact most of them were not alive when they won their first superbowls, they just memorize a few lines liek "We won more titles than anybody" and pull them out when deemed necessary.
    Yes, the Packtard Nation likes to roar a lot when they're riding high, but start talking about the 70's and 80's and they look at the floor and mumble a lot.

    Having lived in Wisconsin since the mid-70's, I can tell you with complete sincerity that I really didn't know many Packer fans growing up. Everyone was Bears, 49'ers, or Cowboys fans...

    ...you know, teams that didn't suck.

    Being a Viking fan wasn't that tough because only the OLD people remembered the Packers good days...but they didn't say much.

    Then came Majkowski. People started to think the Packers could turn into something. Then Favre came along, and the "Packer Fans" came roaring out of the closet... proclaiming all the while that they'd "always been devoted fans"...and trying like hell to hide their 49'ers Starter Jackets.

    Now, they've completely blanked out the TWO DECADES of sucking, and blather on about all the Championships they never saw.

    Screw 'em. I have more respect for Lion's fans than I do for Packtards. It's real easy to be a loud fan when your team is on TOP....but how well will you stick when they struggle?

    Hell, by that criteria, WE are better fans.

    BTW, just found this sterling example of another classy Packer moment:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuQr_tAC2xkFDtgd.STf6QJDubYF?slug=ap-packers-underwoodcharged


    Caine
    All NFL fans have been standing in absolute awe at the wonderment that is the Minnesota Vikings fanbase. You pegged it yet again. :P

    Keep up the good work, Minnesota!

  8. #28
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    Stopped reading right here.

    You are so full of shit I think I can smell you from here.

    Great QB? Absolutely. Best ever? That's a fuckin laugh.

  9. #29
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100305
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    Stopped reading right here.

    You are so full of shit I think I can smell you from here.

    Great QB? Absolutely. Best ever? That's a fuckin laugh.
    That's OK. We are even, because I stopped reading as soon as you typed the COMPLETELY INANE and overused statement "I stopped reading when..."

    We will see. Statistically, my statement has real merit, so pack that.

  10. #30
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rodgers is better than Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1100302
    Rodgers is RIGHT NOW-- arguably the BEST QB EVER, at THIS POINT in his career. It IS a legitimate argument.
    He isn't even better than Phillip Rivers.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre vs. Rodgers tracker
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 02:26 AM
  2. Rodgers trying to deal with pro-Favre crowd
    By josdin00 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 12:25 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 04:16 AM
  4. Favre thoroughfare to be Aaron Rodgers' Boulevard of Broken Dreams?
    By mountainviking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 07:53 AM
  5. Aaron Rodgers confident he can be the next Brett Favre
    By Prophet in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 04:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •