Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Rod Gardner to be cut?

Between Burleson, Williamson, Taylor, and Robinson, I just don't see room for Gardner. I don't think Gardner would be better for our team than any of the four of them, though I suspect he's on par (talent wise) with Taylor and Robinson. Burleson's is more talented, and Williamson has such potential, that I don't want him to lose time on the field to a mediocre veteran with an attitude problem. Plus, we also have all that depth at RB, and the two tight ends that everyone wants to see on the field together. We're not going to go with a 5-wide out look with all that talent at the other positions, so the only way Gardner would get on the field is that the expense of one of those other WRs.

Plus, we have that rookie free agent, Christopher Jones, who's been lighting up the mini-camps, trying to fight for a spot. I think I'd rather see young, motivated talent like that make the team, instead of someone like Garner.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Yea i think we stick with what we got. No more head cases. Also it seems that the DC players are all crazy.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

[quote="josdin00"]Between Burleson, Williamson, Taylor, and Robinson, I just don't see room for Gardner. I don't think Gardner would be better for our team than any of the four of them, though I suspect he's on par (talent wise) with Taylor and Robinson. Burleson's is more talented, and Williamson has such potential, that I don't want him to lose time on the field to a mediocre veteran with an attitude problem. Plus, we also have all that depth at RB, and the two tight ends that everyone wants to see on the field together. We're not going to go with a 5-wide out look with all that talent at the other positions, so the only way Gardner would get on the field is that the expense of one of those other WRs.

Plus, we have that rookie free agent, Christopher Jones, who's been lighting up the mini-camps, trying to fight for a spot. I think I'd rather see young, motivated talent like that make the team, instead of someone like Garner.[/quote]

Exactly!!! Good call, Josdin!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I still think the more competition the better. I've never been sold on Robinson and am not a huge fan of Kelly Campbell. Gardner can't be worse than either of those guys. I say bring him in. But then again, what do I know...
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12