Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Rod Gardner to be cut?

Hey I was wondering what you guys think of maybe picking him up if he gets cut. Word on the street is he has been asked not to come to minicamp (so he doesn't get injured, and thus becomes uncuttable). Normally this means the writing is on the wall, unless you are Brett Farve...or maybe :scratch:

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Re: Rod Gardner to be cut?

I'd love to get him. The more competition the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Even babies know the difference.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'd be interested. I think he would be an upgrade over some of our recievers.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Why not? He's perfect. He could come here and fire up some competition, and be a mentor for Williamson. Plus he probally wont want much money.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I will get ripped because we have a great group of WR already but if we can add a talent like this guy it would be great, he is about the same kind of situation that Travis Taylor was in and Gardner could be a huge diamond in the rough. So sign him up if he is cut!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Living near DC, I am pretty familiar with him...he has a serious attitude problem...he was a first-rounder but has not lived up to his potential.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I like where we're at right now and I don't think they'll sign him cuz, honestly....we don't need em'.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

i see burl , taylor , and williamson , no room for him

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Also from the DC area; I have to agree here with Cajun.

Rod Gardner has good size and can break a few tackles after the catch...that's about it. He's been a chronic underachiever, drops way too many passes, and has average speed and will not string plays deep. Physically, he has about the same speed and size as MRobb, but has worse hands, does not make himself a TD threat in the redzone, and gives up on entire games. He wouldn't be a bad pickup in terms of depth, but he won't beat out MRobb, Nate, or Taylor for a slot, and we need to keep something open for Williams to get a chance to shine. Although Gardner would not be asking too much (my guess is 1-1.6 mil), this is far too much for a player who would be little more than an injury stop-gap/bench-sitter. We'd be better off trying to find some blue-collar type who's happy to take league minimum and work really hard to get a lucky shot on the roster. Plus, we already have Wiggins for the short-to-intermediate 3rd down passing game. Gardner has had a lot of chances to make it happen; time for somebody younger and more motivated to get that chance.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Odin VAVikefan" wrote:
    Also from the DC area; I have to agree here with Cajun.

Rod Gardner has good size and can break a few tackles after the catch...that's about it. He's been a chronic underachiever, drops way too many passes, and has average speed and will not string plays deep. Physically, he has about the same speed and size as MRobb, but has worse hands, does not make himself a TD threat in the redzone, and gives up on entire games. He wouldn't be a bad pickup in terms of depth, but he won't beat out MRobb, Nate, or Taylor for a slot, and we need to keep something open for Williams to get a chance to shine. Although Gardner would not be asking too much (my guess is 1-1.6 mil), this is far too much for a player who would be little more than an injury stop-gap/bench-sitter. We'd be better off trying to find some blue-collar type who's happy to take league minimum and work really hard to get a lucky shot on the roster. Plus, we already have Wiggins for the short-to-intermediate 3rd down passing game. Gardner has had a lot of chances to make it happen; time for somebody younger and more motivated to get that chance.
    I was down in your neck of the woods last weekend (literally). The wife and I took our new camper down to Duke's Marina on Lake Anna to spend the night and see how everything worked. We literally had the whole place to ourselves...everyone else had gone there the weekend before for Memorial Day. We took the dog swimming, made a fire, and just generally relaxed...Lake Anna is a cool place to do that.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast