Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86
  1. #21
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    If they are truely inspired about killing brain cells, then they should tell it to people who can do something about it. Take it to the forumn of debate not to ESPN.

    I found nothing inspirational about it, there was no message to be given. Just a confession of guilt. If they are lobbying with the rest of the clan to legalize it then they could make a difference.

    I don't care enough about something as trivial as weed to elevate a discussion past Cheech and Chong. Because it is not worth the effort when there are injustices in this world far worse then uncle sam not letting you do drugs.

    I have in the past, as have others and there are like I said many threads on it. If you want a debate about legality then that's where you want to be.

  2. #22
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    It's illegal.

    These guys know they are above the law.
    Uhm

    Let's arrest every teenager and every person who has smoked marijuana

    Wait no, that would be millions, would clear out most of this forum, and most of the internet.

    Wait no, lets just arrest Randy Moss and Robert Smith, because they're famous, and rich...and...heheh I'll leave the last one off.

    It's not right, but it's not the holocaust, either.
    I have no idea what your point is.
    If you get caught you get in trouble.

    You get caught at work you don't go to jail you just get punished. I assume if Randy got caught he would get suspended. If Robert Smith got caught they would.

    My statement only refered to the fact that to me it looks like they are being their usual cocky arrogant selves and thumbing nose at authority. While some people like to envision it is a small resistance movement that will lead to an uprising of monumental proportions that will leave America dancing in a pile of weed, I just don't see it.

    I see little kids saying, so what mom, I can do whatever I want.

  3. #23
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    The thing that gets me is that I would have never thought of Robert Smith doing it. Moss on the otherhand, there really was no doubt!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #24
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    Apparently everybody does it, didn't you get the memo?

  5. #25
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The thing that gets me is that I would have never thought of Robert Smith doing it. Moss on the otherhand, there really was no doubt!
    Really? what makes you think Robert Smith didn't smoke pot?

    I hope its not the fact that he is well spoken, or seems well-educated. God forbid that someone who has some form of intelligence smokes pot. Fine, criticize pot smokers for breaking the law, but don't criticize them for being stupid. That is just another form of prejudice. Some of the smartest people I know smoke weed.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #26
    sunny's Avatar
    sunny is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    373

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    To me it just shows their ignorance. Moss did not surprise me or have I lost respect for him, I did not have much respect for him to begin with. Robert Smith is different though, I always respected him because I thought he was a smarter person than most in the NFL. He showed respcet for the game(no grand standing stupid antics) and he left on top of his game before injuries ruined his life. For him to go out and say this is pure stupidity. I always considered Smith to be a real Pro, not any more.
    Like it or not celebrities are looked up to by young people and what they dont know wont hurt them. Cash your million dollar paychecks and keep your mouths shut!

    just my personal oppinion.
    I.B.O.T. #213

  7. #27
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I bet at least 50% of NFL players either smoke or have smoked marijuana! That is sad. I'm not trying to push judgement on what others do and personally I really don't care what other people do as long as they don't harm others in the process, but when the players come out and say this stuff publicly I think it is wrong!
    but you did just judge them...

    Is it wrong to say that people with black skin should be able to vote and have the same rights as other citizens?

    Is it wrong to say that women should be able to vote?

    What's legal and what's illegal are continually influx.

    50 years ago, Jim Crow laws legally separated the public lives of people with white skin from people with black. Years before this, especially in the south, black folks were subject to different criteria than white folks when assessing their eligibility to cast a vote. Similarly 90 years ago, women could not cast a vote or stand for public office. In These examples, what was illegal has been changed over time so that it is now legal. It didn't happen because the nation woke up one day and decided that chicks should vote and black folks should be able to attend the same schools as white folks. It came because of political pressure, civil disobedience, and public statements and actions that tested the boundaries of what's illegal and changed people's perceptions of the laws. In other words, sometimes you have to break laws to change laws.

    Is that wrong? It depends. In these two instances (desegregation and women's suffrage) many people look back and say "that was the right thing to do." in these cases illegal does not equal immoral. I feel the same way about marihuana legalization.

    Given the successful movements in several different states to decriminalize marihuana and in California's case to democratically support the legalization of marihuana for medical use suggests that the laws are in flux. Is marihuana illegal? It depends on where you are....on who you talk to....on whose laws (local or federal) are being enforced.

    Just to clarify lest anyone misunderstand me: I am NOT likening opponents to marihuana legalization to Jim Crow racists or misogynists. These examples just illustrate nicely the positives of civil disobedience and the changes that it can foment. I'm not saying that all laws should be broken. But in the case of marihuana, i think civil disobedience or at least noncooperation is warranted.

    Should the disobedient be immune from prosecution? No. They take that risk. If they are prosecuted, and sentenced, etc., it may lead to further changes.

  8. #28
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    I have gone back and forth on this issue.

    I have felt at times that it should be illegal and at other times I have felt the government should legalize it and stop wasting billions of dollars trying to stop something that will never be able to stop.

    I have seen people that can not control themselves (smoking the weed) and it can have bad effects on their personal development and their ability to create a good income. Other people can smoke it once in awhile and they function without any ill effects.

    I am at the point were I feel it should be legalized and taxed, and have government controls on the level of THC that is being sold. When I was young the THC levels were somewhere in the 3% to 5% range, today the THC level is 10% or above. And beyond popular myth at a certain point THC at a high enough level can kill you.

    It the government was to legalize it and control the level of THC. Tax the sale of it, we would generate billions of tax revenue. We would stop spending close to 15 billion dollars a year in something that will never be stopped and we would stop risking the lives of our police officers.

    We would clear out hundreds of thousands of our prison populations and free up our law enforcement to work on other issues.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  9. #29
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    I'm not saying just becuase he is educated that I wouldn't think that he does it. I guess I have a little more faith in people and I would hope that no professional athlete smokes pot but obviously that is pretty unrealistic. Call me prejudice if you want, it doesn't hurt my feelings but that's not what I'm trying to be. We all knew Moss smoked pot even before he played for Marshall University so it was pretty obvious. There has never been anything on Robert Smith that would even lead one to believe that he smokes pot so I just never suspected. I don't suspect Culpepper smokes it either, but I'm sure that's just me being prejudice again.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  10. #30
    SamDawg84 Guest

    Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    I have gone back and forth on this issue.

    I have felt at times that it should be illegal and at other times I have felt the government should legalize it and stop wasting billions of dollars trying to stop something that will never be able to stop.

    I have seen people that can not control themselves (smoking the weed) and it can have bad effects on their personal development and their ability to create a good income. Other people can smoke it once in awhile and they function without any ill effects.

    I am at the point were I feel it should be legalized and taxed, and have government controls on the level of THC that is being sold. When I was young the THC levels were somewhere in the 3% to 5% range, today the THC level is 10% or above. And beyond popular myth at a certain point THC at a high enough level can kill you.

    It the government was to legalize it and control the level of THC. Tax the sale of it, we would generate billions of tax revenue. We would stop spending close to 15 billion dollars a year in something that will never be stopped and we would stop risking the lives of our police officers.

    We would clear out hundreds of thousands of our prison populations and free up our law enforcement to work on other issues.


    You cant od on thc. thats just a myth ive looked into it a little bit and it is impossible to od on it. im not sure if thats what you were saying though. it would take 3 times your body weight of quality weed to od actually ive heard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Q&A with Robert Smith
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 02:58 AM
  2. Moss admits to smoking weed!
    By sunny in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 03:05 AM
  3. Robert Smith
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 07:12 PM
  4. Robert Smith
    By vikings_fan66 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 07:40 PM
  5. Robert Smith??
    By nat_devine in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •