Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

No everybody doesn't smoke weed lmao.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

why would (or should) the NFL care about anything besides the almighty dollar? The way I see it, the NFL isn't, and won't be in the law enforcement business, and they're just covering their behinds against lawsuits and the consequences of indignation from some of the fans.

I confess that I didn't read R. Smith's confession, so I won't talk about what he said. However, since I am in support of marihuana re-legalization, I think there are some political reasons for making these statements. For one, it immediately contradicts the stereotype that marihuana users can't compete or that its use destroys careers. This is important because the turbulent and strange war on marihuana for the past 50+ years in the US has depended on propaganda and misinformation to manufacture a negative association with the plant.

As Peter Tosh observes, lawyers smoke it, judges smoke it, even doctors smoke it. It would be a fine if this led to the realization that good people doing solid work in a variety of fields use marihuana ocassionally and recreationally. Unfortunately, this will likely be the post TO it story for the media and may lead to a witch hunt of disasterous consequences.

Del Rio Guest

The same reason every employer cares. Because it's illegal.

Once I read Marijuana Re-lagalization I stopped reading. We aren't dealing with a Cheech and Chong Fantasy world here, we are dealing with reality and reality is right now it is illegal.

Should it be I could give a shit, it is. People want to smoke themselves retarded light it up. If they get busted too bad so sad.

There are about 5 threads burried somewhere on here with long winded debates over why it should be, why it's not.

To me athletes should not be granted any special treatment over the average Joe. If Robert Smith felt the need to come out of the closet and say "HEY LOOK AT ME I SMOKED WEED WHILE I PLAYED FOOTBALL!" Then he is a dumbass. Because there is no point to be made, there is nothing possitive to gain from a confession.

What are people going to say?
    "you know I was really pissed at Moss but since Robert Smith did it it's all good!"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Whether your for or against the use of marijuana, at this point it is illegal and supposedly against NFL policy. Robert Smith admitting surprised me, but hey he is not playing for the vikings now and I don't have to worry about him losing a season due to irresponsibilty and stupid confessions. Randy on the other hand with his idiotic statement on nationally televised interview, puts a continual spotlight on him, just when they were calling him a reformed man, uh huh.

The problem from a sports fan's standpoint is he is putting himself ahead of the team and seeing how much he can get away with by being this super athlete. These guys just feed on the spotlight, Randy must of been gettng a little jealous with all the TO press time.

SamDawg84 Guest

zimtwister is offline Coach

i do not smoke weed-it is illegal and i would lose my job.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

the most impotent form of civil disobedience is that which goes unnoticed. I find some inspiration in these public confessions. I don't think they're selfishly intended, but yes, these athletes are using their stature to push the boundaries of what's considereed (un)acceptable. What's really unfortunate is that this may lead to swarms of journalists nagging athletes about whether they use it or know if others do, etc. It will likely lead to many distractions.

As a side note, for anyone who uses Cheech and Chong silliness as a benchmark for this highly politicized issue, I say you're living in a film-fabricated fantasy land. The issue is so much wider than this. For one, the laws that regulate marihuana are complicated and a bit contradictory. In some states owning and growing it has been decriminalized. So it's not an easy cut and dry issue. Quite simply, people are conflicted about it. This thread and some of the others to which DR refers are a testament to that.

Clearly, some will read as many negatives into this issue as they want. Personally, having elite athletes openly discuss this will at least lead to some public discussion. I find it inspiring--it's a potential catalyst for change. Of course, we have no idea what shape this change will take.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I bet at least 50% of NFL players either smoke or have smoked marijuana! That is sad. I'm not trying to push judgement on what others do and personally I really don't care what other people do as long as they don't harm others in the process, but when the players come out and say this stuff publicly I think it is wrong!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    It's illegal.

These guys know they are above the law.
    Uhm

Let's arrest every teenager and every person who has smoked marijuana

Wait no, that would be millions, would clear out most of this forum, and most of the internet.

Wait no, lets just arrest Randy Moss and Robert Smith, because they're famous, and rich...and...heheh I'll leave the last one off.

It's not right, but it's not the holocaust, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast