Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

What the heck is going on with all this coming out of the smoke filled closet stuff.

I just heard on Sports Center that former Vike Robert Smith just admitted that he smoked weed occasionally when he played in the NFL and still does from time to time.

What the heck would motivate a player (or in this case and ex-player) to come out and say this kind of stuff. Is it an ego thing that I am doing this and getting by with it or got by with it. Or is it just needing the spotlight on them or something. You would think that a player (or ex-player) would know that this can bring nothing but heartache for the player as far as their playing status or long term image are concerned.

Yet they keep on doing it.

And just for good measure Robert Smith uttered the ultimate phrase in these guys minds for exemption from responsibility. Robert said: "Just because Randy Moss or I admit that we smoke pot wont make any young people think that it is OK to do it." Yeah right, no one looks up to you guys.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Robert Smith admits he Smoked Weed too!!!

It's illegal.

These guys know they are above the law.

Prophet Guest

A retired player versus an active player admitting to smoking isn't even in the same category of confessions.

DR, you are on target.

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Confessions or not, if you had to guess how many players actually smoke pot here or there??

i'd be willing to bet atleast half do.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

Bowchee is offline Rookie

If that's the deal, I've lost some respect for Smith. (I'm sure he'll be crushed when he hears.) He was pretty high on my list for being a repsectable AND talented athlete.

Del, with your avitar, everything that you post reads (in my head) in that High Plains Drifter voice... remarkable. Eastwood's the best!
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

tosstomoss is offline Starter

Well who called who, If robert called to say he smoked and still does thats wrong, but if a reporter called out of the blue and asked him (robert) do you smoke weed or Hey smith did you and Randy smoke a dubbie togather
    that just trying to keep the MOSS story alive in the Twin city!!

Del Rio Guest

Basically he admited to smoking weed during his play time with the Vikings. I really don't care at this point. The thing that pissess me off the most is the NFL. These guys are practically thumbing their noses at the NFL and the lack of increased testing or a revamped policy basically just enforces the fact that the NFL only cares about one thing and that is straight cash homey.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    What the heck is going on with all this coming out of the smoke filled closet stuff.

I just heard on Sports Center that former Vike Robert Smith just admitted that he smoked weed occasionally when he played in the NFL and still does from time to time.

What the heck would motivate a player (or in this case and ex-player) to come out and say this kind of stuff. Is it an ego thing that I am doing this and getting by with it or got by with it. Or is it just needing the spotlight on them or something. You would think that a player (or ex-player) would know that this can bring nothing but heartache for the player as far as their playing status or long term image are concerned.

Yet they keep on doing it.

And just for good measure Robert Smith uttered the ultimate phrase in these guys minds for exemption from responsibility. Robert said: "Just because Randy Moss or I admit that we smoke pot wont make any young people think that it is OK to do it." Yeah right, no one looks up to you guys.
    Maybe I am just being optimistic, but I know Robert Smith is a smart guy and I think that quote could be easily misconstrued. He never outright said, "I smoke pot." nor did he say, "I used to smoke pot." He was just making a reference to a player other than Randy Moss to generalize the situation. Now he could have said, "Just because Randy Moss or Chad Johnson..etc" but that would be unfair to Chad Johnson or any player he used. He named himself to avoid conflict, which is a nice gesture. I seriously think that this was the case.

Now I may be totally wrong, which in that case the quote would puzzle me. Sure, go ahead, smoke your pot, but don't show it off to the world when you know you have the power to influence hundreds of kids. It is the same reason why I disagree with athletes talking about their political views. All people should be responsible with ther fame.

I have not lost any respect for Smith, simply because where I stand on the marijuana issue is much different from others on this board.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I thought I had heard an interview on the radio about a guy that said he had done it and then they mentioned something about the book "the tip of the iceberg" and I was like no way Robert Smith would have done that. Unbelievable!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

who cares? everybody smokes weed every once in a while. man, I wish the preseason would end soon so we could just get on with it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast